Sign in to follow this  
NC

Darren Ward

Apparently an agreement has been reached for the summer transfer of Millwall centre-half Darren Ward, whatever the situation may be next season.... premiership of course

cheers, NC

[quote]Apparently an agreement has been reached for the summer transfer of Millwall centre-half Darren Ward, whatever the situation may be next season.... premiership of course cheers, NC[/quote]

He does not strike me as a signing that takes the defence forward; I dont think he is any better than we already have; even doc seems a better option if we get relegated - and a much better signing is needed if we stay up (Alan stubbs?) 

OTBC

Just seen this on teamtalk.com

Ward set for Blades switch

Millwall have agreed to sell defender Darren Ward to Championship rivals Sheffield United.

The clubs have settled on a fee, and the centre-back must now decide whether to discuss a move to Bramall Lane.

New Millwall chairman Jeff Burnige is determined to cut costs significantly, and Ward is one of the club''s main assets.

Dennis Wise quit as manager last Sunday following a series of disagreements with Burnige.

Yeah, seems as though we all wrote it at similar times. I actually didn''t get it out of The Sun, I read it on a website I check daily for city related information and rumours (www.tribalfootball.com).

I think the signing of a 6+" centre-half has got to be a good thing, if for the right sort of money, as we have struggled defending set pieces since the departure of big malky.

Thanks for the replies to my first post guys, nearly abondened the idea in desperation.... haha.

cheers, NC

we have been lacking height at the back.

Shackell needs a new partner

And Millwall''s centre-half Darren Ward is the perfect man for the job!

I hope Ward isn''t signed; I don''t rate him after his performances against us last season. He''s certainly no better than The Doc.

[quote]Two Darren Wards could be interesting...[/quote]

trust you to post that!

and yes it would be, how would they do that?

because most lcubs witht he same surname use the first initial

D Ward, but that still dont work

theyll have to use the middle name prehaps?

or maybe just rely on the number