Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

31 shots, 13 corners

You can''t accuse Hughton of not applying an attacking philosophy today, as the stats show.

Hughton cannot physically put the ball in the net. The blame, for not winning today has to lie with the players who somehow did not put the ball in the net and a superb (as much as I hate to say it) goalkeeping performance by David Marshall.

hughton bought the players, hughton picks the team, hughton decides the tactics and formation, hughton makes the (late and usually wrong) substitutions

fkoff chris we dont want you

[quote user="iron_stan"]hughton bought the players, hughton picks the team, hughton decides the tactics and formation, hughton makes the (late and usually wrong) substitutions

[/quote]

1. "bought the players": Superb signings in Fer (£4M!!!!) RVW, Redmond, Olsson and Hooper will come good.

2. "picks the team": Apart from RVW starting possibly, I think most people would agree it was the right team

3. "decides the tactics and formation": His tactics brought us 31 shots and a performance that deserved a win again.

4. "makes the subs": Agree that RVW could have come on earlier and before Elmander but the right subs were made. Snoddy may give the ball away but at least he''s actively involved in the game unlike Pilks.

5. The players are the ones who have to put the ball in the net!!!! For that reason, Hughton is not to blame for today!

In Hughton we trust

Mainly long range pot shots today, it has to be said.Lots of ineffective corners as well.Norwich continue to be a blunt instrument under Hughton''s management. The players may have changed from last season, but the fundamental safety-first tactics haven''t.  Today you got the impression that they could play until midnight and still not find the back of the net.If the team deserved to win today they would have won. They didn''t.

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]

[quote user="iron_stan"]hughton bought the players, hughton picks the team, hughton decides the tactics and formation, hughton makes the (late and usually wrong) substitutions fkoff chris we dont want you[/quote]

1. "bought the players": Superb signings in Fer (£4M!!!!) RVW, Redmond, Olsson and Hooper will come good.

2. "picks the team": Apart from RVW starting possibly, I think most people would agree it was the right team

3. "decides the tactics and formation": His tactics brought us 31 shots and a performance that deserved a win again.

4. "makes the subs": Agree that RVW could have come on earlier and before Elmander but the right subs were made. Snoddy may give the ball away but at least he''s actively involved in the game unlike Pilks.

5. The players are the ones who have to put the ball in the net!!!! For that reason, Hughton is not to blame for today!

In Hughton we trust

[/quote]1.bought the players, yes, takes the responsibility when it goes wrong2. i dont think most people thought it was the right team, in fact im very sure quite a lot of people are wondering how snodgrass is still starting and redmond is on the bench3. yes they brought 31 shots - they also brought us, wait for it, NO GOALS4.he constantly makes the wrong subs and makes them way to late in the game, its nearly always like for like (ie not really changing anything) and never positive5.The players are playing well within their ability, quite often out of position, under the command of hughton and his equally inept coaching team. The tactics determine how the game is approached, where players will likely end up in and around the box AND the type of chances created, and scored.In Hughton, I, and many more, do not, trust, one, tiny bit

[quote user="iron_stan"]hughton bought the players, hughton picks the team, hughton decides the tactics and formation, hughton makes the (late and usually wrong) substitutions

[/quote]

I''m with you stan.[Y]

" Agree that RVW could have come on earlier and before Elmander but the right subs were made. Snoddy may give the ball away but at least he''s actively involved in the game unlike Pilks."

Snoddy just has to be dropped. Yes we had lots of possession but (It seemed like every time) Snoddy touches the ball and the pace of our attack drops to zero. Also today his close control was horrible, and so very few passes could be run on to. IMO drop him and put Redmond on the right wing and maybe, just maybe the attack will start to click as RvW, Fer, Howson, Pilkington, Martin and Olsson all seem to know what to do..

I think most sides in the prem would have had high stats against Cardiff today, they played far to deep defensively, specially first half, and such tactics would have invited any home club to attack them at will. We did but you have to put them away!

Malky realised that and made his changes at ht and stifled it fairly well after that.

Marshall played well, and Ruddy pulled off a couple of decent stops too. Disappointing result, as were the subs, especially hooper who I thought looked the more likely to bring a goal. Hughton defended his decision by indicating they have to be wary of his injury and late start. Fair enough, but why was Snodgrass still on the pitch come the end of the game.

But it was entertaining!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Redmond should be starting![/quote]

Disagree. Impact player for now. A little too selfish and a bit of petulance is often evident. Magnificent talent but very young and raw, therefore I believe it''s too early for him to start week in week out. Snoddy and pilks are starting to click again.

What is scandalous is the Hoolahan situation. People say he''s finished and Hughtons right to drop him, however in preseason he was looking as sharp as ever and formed a very good understanding with pilks snoddy and hooper. What is there to lose playing him again.