Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Managers thoughts in pink un today.

The pink un today - ''Chris Hughton does not subscribe to the theory this afternoons match against the Bluebirds is a must win occasion!''

Well I would have thought its imperative we win today.

Later in the publication reiterated by Snodgrass ! Disappointing to say the least - or is it just Archants reporting?

Or maybe not wanting to heap too much pressure on his players?Or possibly even trying to calm the fans who are in the process of losing it?Would you rather see him running around, hands waving in the air, proclaiming the sky is going to fall in?

The pragmatic Mr. Hughton is more calculating than us emotionally enhanced supporters.

Of course he is correct ....... mathematically.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 2013-10-26 12:51 PM:

People still buy the pinkun? Didn''t know they still printed it...

Supplement with the EDP now GP, pre match on Saturday and after match on a Monday.

It''s not pink any more though but a good read all the same for all local football.

Herman wrote the following post at 2013-10-26 1:49 PM:

I wonder if the Cardiff fans are moaning about Malky''s pre-match words?

Perhaps you could enlighten us! The OP was not a moan, it points out our managers thoughts that are printed in a LOCAL newspaper, one imagines in response to a question put to him at post match press conference, and my response to that statement is that I personally think it is a must win game. Paddy David, one of the NCFC journalists seems to agree with my thinking, should you care to READ his article in the same publication. Perhaps that is the problem!

[quote user="City 2nd"]The pink un today - ''Chris Hughton does not subscribe to the theory this afternoons match against the Bluebirds is a must win occasion!'' Well I would have thought its imperative we win today.[/quote]

Well he damn well should![:@]

I can''t read the LOCAL paper as I live a hundred miles away. Is it delivered to Thailand?

Personally speaking I think he needs to win or more fans will leave him. But he''s not going to say that in the press is he?

Do you think he just tells the players to read the Pinkun, rather than giving a proper team talk? I don''t.

Herman wrote the following post at 2013-10-26 2:41 PM:

I can''t read the LOCAL paper as I live a hundred miles away. Is it delivered to Thailand?

Personally speaking I think he needs to win or more fans will leave him. But he''s not going to say that in the press is he?

ALL EDP publications are available through the Internet and IPad. exactly as published in hard copy, daily. In fact it us cheaper than buying the hard copy itself, and it''s available at 6am UK time. Exactly how I read it myself when I too am abroad!

RvW''s 4 year contract wrote the following post at 2013-10-26 2:50 PM:

If Hughton had said it was must win the same people would have criticised him...

But isn''t it a must win? Or you agree that it is not?

How about we term it " We''d really like a win, as its a team that we should be taking points off, but of course we won''t be relegated today if we don''t get the win"?

He''s gotta go, I can''t believe it. No wonder this teams not giving it their all. I know people won''t wanna hear it but the messiah would never be seen dead saying such things. He''s gotta go, I''ve seen and heard enough. Mike Ashley was right Hughtons got no balls no fight he''s an absolute JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! So angry!

[quote user="City 2nd"]RvW''s 4 year contract wrote the following post at 2013-10-26 2:50 PM:

If Hughton had said it was must win the same people would have criticised him...

But isn''t it a must win? Or you agree that it is not?[/quote]

Of course it''s not a must win. It is ridiculous to suggest that it is. It is highly desirable that we win but if we don''t there are still plenty of games to go so nothing is decided today.

It is inherent in football that you don''t get results where you should and do where you shouldn''t. We ought not to lose to Cardiff but it is just one game of 38

Can you read the "pink Un " website ?? Or do your eyes fail for some reason when you are in Thailand ??

[quote user="Herman "]I can''t read the LOCAL paper as I live a hundred miles away. Is it delivered to Thailand?

Personally speaking I think he needs to win or more fans will leave him. But he''s not going to say that in the press is he?[/quote]

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"]He''s gotta go, I can''t believe it. No wonder this teams not giving it their all. I know people won''t wanna hear it but the messiah would never be seen dead saying such things. He''s gotta go, I''ve seen and heard enough. Mike Ashley was right Hughtons got no balls no fight he''s an absolute JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! So angry![/quote]

Jesus, you actually value anything Mike Ashley says about football?

Hughton is right, this not a must win ffs it''s game 9 of 38. Why on earth would he want to put pressure on his team?

Everyone wants us to win but it''s just nowhere near a ''''must win'''' game..

..but we will anyway.

of course its a must win game, its against what are likely to be relegation rivals and we are in the bottom 3 are spending more money than ever beforethe man is a plank

hughton out

[quote user="City 2nd"]Later in the publication reiterated by Snodgrass ! Disappointing to say the least - or is it just Archants reporting?[/quote]

Well having read all the recent articles and found the e-reader he hasn''t actually been quoted as saying it.It looks like Paddy adding 2+2. And Snodgrass has said that every game is a must win. So unless you can find the actual quote,then it looks simply like mischief making.

[quote user="morty"]Are you lot the same sorts that panic about false widow spiders and the such like?[/quote]
Obviously been reading the daily fail too much... ;)

Well we didn''t did we, I did not use my season ticket to go and watch because the excitment of watching football at Carrow has drained away since this manager and his back room staff joined the club. I am not a well man and it takes a lot of effort for me to make my seat in the Barclay and then walk home again. Sod it I will watch the England v Oz R.L. game on TV instead. Like it. I have two passports and cannot loose on that one! It was a great game and my team won!!