Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Frustrated.

Yet again, one of those days people will say. That follows one of those days against Villa, Hull and Chelsea.

Had enough chances to win but I would question not bringing the wolf on in a 2 man attack earlier. People saying the Redmond move was good, but he should be starting.

So a team that can''t keep clean sheets, comes here (like villa) and leave with one.

Oh well. It''s Man City next week. Lets wrote that one off and have a nice day out.

If we had carried on playing like the first half we could have come away with the three.

Second half was very frustrating.

Please do not defend hughton.

He is crap.

2 points lost today.

''We played well against Chelsea and arsenal'' got 0 points.

Played much better than Cardiff ten fold lost 2 points. Consistent trend.

We are losing points. 4 mins left bring on wolfscock yeah ok.

[quote user="Herman "]If we had carried on playing like the first half we could have come away with the three.

Second half was very frustrating.[/quote]
Unfortunately Herman "could" matters not. Mutch "could" have scored that chance he had that Ruddy saved with his chin. Then we "could" have lost 0-1. I have no idea how the club should move forward and improve. Obviously scoring more goals, but saying it and doing it are 2 completely different things.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]If we had carried on playing like the first half we could have come away with the three. Second half was very frustrating.[/quote]

Unfortunately Herman "could" matters not. Mutch "could" have scored that chance he had that Ruddy saved with his chin. Then we "could" have lost 0-1. I have no idea how the club should move forward and improve. Obviously scoring more goals, but saying it and doing it are 2 completely different things.

[/quote]

I''m not disagreeing with that.What i am questioning is why the tempo slowed down?Why didn''t we pressure them just as much?Snoddy seemed to tire,a few too many sloppy passes.Are our fitness levels up to scratch?Or is there a lack of self belief,especially after not scoring in the first half?

Probably too many questions.A little bit dispirited at the moment.

[quote user="Canarygirl"]Thirty shots apparently, and no goals.

How can that be the managers fault!!!!![/quote]agreed!what more could we have done today? and when we did get it in the net we were happy for it to be disallowed?!?!

"Are our fitness levels up to scratch?Or is there a lack of self belief,especially after not scoring in the first half?"

Hermann, those are more concerns too.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Canarygirl"]Thirty shots apparently, and no goals.

How can that be the managers fault!!!!![/quote]agreed!what more could we have done today? and when we did get it in the net we were happy for it to be disallowed?!?![/quote]
Thing is though. Rarely did we stretch Marshall. Most of those shots were straight at him. It looks good on paper but really he had the ball hit at him exactly where he would want it to be each time given the choice.

I think it was obvious we weren''t going to win that game when we went in 0-0 at half time. Cardiff were simply dire and Malky was always going to give them a kick up the backside and make changes, like he did. It''s hard for Hughton to give a team talk when you are dominant but not winning.I''m frustrated but I don''t know who with. The players for not scoring, Hughton for putting on Elmander (still have no idea what he bnrings to the team) or just that it was one of those days that we were unlucky and on another day could have easily won 5-0.

Tactically clueless.Unable to change  the game, like for like, what a total joke!

[quote user="Willmeister"]I think it was obvious we weren''t going to win that game when we went in 0-0 at half time. Cardiff were simply dire and Malky was always going to give them a kick up the backside and make changes, like he did. It''s hard for Hughton to give a team talk when you are dominant but not winning.

I''m frustrated but I don''t know who with. The players for not scoring, Hughton for putting on Elmander (still have no idea what he bnrings to the team) or just that it was one of those days that we were unlucky and on another day could have easily won 5-0.
[/quote]

Amen to that Will.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]If we had carried on playing like the first half we could have come away with the three. Second half was very frustrating.[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not disagreeing with that.What i am questioning is why the tempo slowed down?Why didn''t we pressure them just as much?Snoddy seemed to tire,a few too many sloppy passes.Are our fitness levels up to scratch?Or is there a lack of self belief,especially after not scoring in the first half?

Probably too many questions.A little bit dispirited at the moment.

[/quote]
Fitness levels are a massive concern at this stage of the season. Its hard to criticise such a good display of intent today, but I wonder how Pilks was feeling when he was subbed for Redmond? For me I would have subbed Snodgrass instead, as Pilkington I feel is an all round better player and offers more. Howson was great again today, and slowly becoming my favourite player. I''m starting to lose a little faith in Russ and his decision making at times down that right hand side, not to mention thinking he should shoot when he should clearly get the ball to someone more capable of attacking! I think its time to make some changes to the starting 11. We played one of the leagues weakest teams today, and didn''t really make clear goal opportunities. Only 4 shots weren''t from long distance.

Do you remember Cardiff having any chances in the second half. After getting battered first half they shut up shop and played for a point which is why we found it harder to make clear cut chances after the break. We had to be patient and on any other day would have found a goal. One thing is clear, we are vastly better than we were at the start of the season and are starting to look like a Premier League team. If we keep playing like this we will win more than we lose and be comfortable. If we are getting better by the week rather than worse then Hughton is going the right way and learning what his best team and formation is. (Like all us amateurs) so no need to press the panic button just yet

It was one of those games where we just couldn''t buy a goal, on another day we''d have won 3-0. Once Howson went off we seemed to bypass midfield more often with long balls up front. We went for the win in the last eight minutes with this substitution so as to minimise the risk that we''d be suckered like in the Chelsea and Arsenal games. Cardiff did look a little dangerous at times in midfield, so we didn''t want to lose a man there for too long a period.

Here''s the thing - aside from the finishing, the last few games we''ve playing some of the best football we''ve played in years. That''s down to Hughton. However, the inability to score is also down to him - he''s clearly obsessed - and I think even the most ardent CH fan will have to admit this at this point - with playing one up front, to the point where he''s pretty clearly incapable of coming up with any alternative plan. I know I keep saying this, but I honestly think the solution is not to sack Hughton, but to bring someone else in, as assistant manager or co-manager or head coach or whatever, who has the tactical nous and motivational ability that CH clearly lacks. I actually think Hughton is the sort of character who might acknowledge his own limitations and accept that. We need a team that can cover all bases, rather than an individual with increasingly obvious strengths and weaknesses, off the pitch as well as on it.

CUSDP said

"Another day we would have won 3-0?

People were saying the same after hull and villa. I''m still waiting."

Now you''re getting it, patience is the key

Correct, patience is the key. If we are patient and wait long enough the wins will start to come, granted one league lower mind.

[quote user="Horse Manure"]CUSDP said

"Another day we would have won 3-0?

People were saying the same after hull and villa. I''m still waiting."

Now you''re getting it, patience is the key[/quote]

Patience? How long do we wait? Man city next week? Are wew editing another game off?

This 31 shots nonsense is annoying. Why does this mean we played well? Can anyone explain why some stat proves how good our performance was?

When you consider how many of the shots were blocked from a yard away and how many were just pot shots from 30 yards that either went over/wide or trickled into the keepers arms I think it starts to show how meaningless stats are.

We did play well first half, though again without creating real actual clear opportunities, 2nd half it was the exact same Norwich we''ve seen all last season.

And there can''t be any defence even from the head in sand brigade that subbing Hooper for Elmander and waiting til 86 mins to bring on RVW is good management.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Another day we would have won 3-0?

People were saying the same after hull and villa. I''m still waiting.[/quote]But we''re playing better than in those games, however I think you''re right in that we''d have stood a better chance with Redmond starting. With his shooting ability, pace and control I''d like to see him tried in a 4-4-1-1 playing behind the main striker in these sorts of games.

The tempo slowed second half as a direct result of Cardiff bringing on two more defensive minded players who broke us down more effectively. I guess credit to their Manager for that.