Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Favourite Game

Because we have such a great range of experiences on this board and to lighten the mood.  I was wondering what is everyone''s favourite NCFC match that they have attended?

Mine has to be the 2-1 win over West Ham in 88-89 season in which "Disco" Dale scored both goals to beat the Hammers.  First and only time he ever scored more than 1 goal in a game for City.  I was a ball boy that day and I still treasure my free matchday book signed by all the players.  Also I will never forget some friends and I "borrowing" Billy Bonds chewing gum at half time. 

"Disco" starred in my favourite game, too.  Norwich 3 West Ham 1 Carra Rud night game FA Cup 1/4 final, 88-89 as well...

Little Malcolm Allen put in two in front of a heaving Barclay - it was the biggest crowd for years that night.  As the second one went in one of my black suede shoes came off in the surges, never to be seen again.  Paul Ince pulled one back for them in the second half before Disco shimmied away down the left and slotted in the winner in front of the River End.  Wow!  Into the semi-final for the first time in 30 years!  Incredible!

The semi turned out to be the worst game of my life, watching Pat Nevin spawn a goal at Villa Park, whilst hearing the death toll rise at Hillsborough on Radio 2.  The whole ground knew what was going on, and the match was just a time filler.  The blackest day...

you lot will probably moan at me for not going far into the past, but im going to pick

Norwich 2-0 Man Utd.

Simple for the sheer joy of it..... and to annoy any manure supporters. One that will go down in history for many years!

Cant be better descriped than a spoof mastercard advert:

Lucky scarf £1.99
Norwich Shirt £34.00
Beating Man Utd by two goals and keeping a clean sheet when you bottom of the league with next to no chance of survival - Priceless

Theres some things money cant buy, but for everything else, theres delia!

Saint, wasn''t it Andy Townsend who scored the other goal that day, from a Rosario(?) flick on?  I think it was live on telly around Christmas time.  I remember Disco scoring from an impossible angle though, quality player who was better at the step over than Waddle.

God, so many to choose from.

How about when we beat Southampton at Carrow Road in the 3/4 finals of the FA Cup after extra time with a Rob Newman volley taking us to the FA Cup Semi-Finals?

Or when we spanked Nottingham Forest 3-1 to go top of the Premier League for the first time in our history in 1992.

Then there''s Munich! Probably the best Norwich win in history...

Then more recently the Play-Off Final that ended in heartbreak (I flew 4,500 miles to see that game!), the premotion party at Watford last season and of course...Norwich 2-0 ManUre - the biggest giant-killing in the history of the Prem!

For me though, despite how brilliant all of those games are, my favourite Norwich game ever was/is undoubtably when we went top of the league at Portman Road. I will never, ever, ever forget the look on the binner''s faces when Leon''s second went in. What a feeling!