Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

I'm off to cryogenically freeze myself...please wake me up when..

this current fad in football of playing one up front blows over.

I''ve bee watching NCFC for 34 years and seen a few formations come and go , but this current way of playing is the least enjoyale and the most frustrating I''ve ever known, and the worst thing is ,every team feels they need to do it because everyone else is.

this is of course exacerbated futher still when you support a club during these times that haven''t got the personel to play effectively and have  manager who when in the relegaton zone and is playing the side 4th bottom at home is too gutless to have the courage to break from this and deploy a 2nd striker until the 87th when drawing 0-0.

451/433 works really really well if you have world class midfielders/strikers that can play it

Norwich dont have world class players, we have a bulk of a squad with british players who have played in a particular way for the majority of their lives

I dont see how we are going to keep Wolf and Hooper happy because Hughton is never going to play them together and i dont see either wanting to spend too long sitting o the Norwich bench . Relegation may solve the problem when they will both want to be off .

It seemed to me that we had Hooper advanced , but the number 10 role (I hate that phrase but there you are) was fluid; Fer, Pilks and Howson all found them selves behind the striker when we had the ball. It''s hard to be too critical because of the number of shots (I wont say chances) the system generated, but time and time again the ball is played into a player with his back to the opps goal. Rarely are passes "slid in" beside the forward player and this is where the "one behind the striker" player should come into his own. Or play a wall pass with the striker.

I still think we play too much football in neutral areas and when you combine that with a desire not to be out of postion if we lose possession it still makes forward play slow and predictable. We play 90% of our football in front of their defence and even in front of their midfield  , rarely to do we get in behind