Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

The ref should be sacked....

ok, Sportsman ship dictates we should have passed the ball back to Marshall..but we didnt break any rules.. Fer scored a legitimate goal... can anyone on here explain why he has disallowed it and cost us a win?if we get relegated by 2 points you could point your finger at today and that decision... he wont explain why he disallowed it.. under grounds of "sportsmanship" or "ungentlemanly conduct".. think he needs to have another look at the rules..

Fair enough. But imagine the shite that would come down on our club if that had stood. If we resort to winning in that way then forget it

[quote user="Robert911"]Fair enough. But imagine the shite that would come down on our club if that had stood. If we resort to winning in that way then forget it[/quote]agreed. would have liked it to have counted but also kind of pleased it didn''t the flack we''d have got would have been unreal. imagine if we stayed up but a point.

Oh give it a rest FFS.

We could not score legitimately through regular play and you are moaning about how this ''goal'' should have been allowed and may cost us relegation. 

Are you serious??????

One question, if this ''goal'' had been scored against us, would you be happy?  I''d bet you''d be calling for a replay or the ref to be sacked or something.

If we get relegated it will be because we deserve to, not because of some so called ''goal'' disallowed by the ref.

[quote user="iron_stan"]you need to change your name to jas king of the b3ll endswhy do you think it was disallowed [/quote]The ref must have thought he was upholding the "spirit of the game".. he wasn''t.. you aren''t a Norwich fan if you wouldn''t have taken the win..I''ve answered your question.. without resorting to 5 year old name calling.. so.. How many teams have you managed?

[quote user="Making Plans"]and if it had been at the other end ?????????????????????????????????????????????[/quote]then we would have had to accept it.. sucker punch and sickening as it would have been..its a goal.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]I''d rather get relegated by 2 points than stay up by cheating tbh[/quote]Really?? the millions the premier league brings to safe guard the future of the club and you''d rather be playing Yeovil?ask Liverpool fans what having a diver up front means to them.

The ref did the right thing. 
It would have been a disgraceful way to win a game, and would result in every other team in the league being willing to do the same to us (if indeed it doesn''t anyway). 
I''m 100% glad that he disallowed it. 
Even Fer looked glad that he did, after realising that it went down like a lead balloon even with the home crowd. 

I think he made the right decision. Not by the letter of the law, but in the spirit of the law. Technically he shouldnt have been able to do that. But Im glad he did. I dont think we''re desperate enough to need to win games through cheating

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]I''d rather get relegated by 2 points than stay up by cheating tbh[/quote]Really?? the millions the premier league brings to safe guard the future of the club and you''d rather be playing Yeovil?ask Liverpool fans what having a diver up front means to them.[/quote]
It is highly unlikely that relegation would result in us playing Yeovil, because it is highly unlikely that they will avoid relegation this season. Just saying.

[quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]You are the most consistent poster of rubbish in this forum[/quote]thanks Iron_stanso lets take a draw when the win is staring us in the face... Not one fan on this board would have been saying that wasn''t a goal if we had won.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]You are the most consistent poster of rubbish in this forum[/quote]thanks Iron_stanso lets take a draw when the win is staring us in the face... Not one fan on this board would have been saying that wasn''t a goal if we had won.[/quote]
Yes they would, I would. Hughton and McNally would, some players would, and most of the fans would.
The rest of the country would. And we would have done the dirty on a Norwich legend and all round good guy. 
Think it says a lot about you actually, that you lack the basic morality to see that it would have been a disgrace. 

Bit of common sense from the ref, well done.I am sure several of our fans will have a go, knowing full well they would be apoplectic with rage if it was the other way round and he had let it go.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]You are the most consistent poster of rubbish in this forum[/quote]thanks Iron_stanso lets take a draw when the win is staring us in the face... Not one fan on this board would have been saying that wasn''t a goal if we had won.[/quote]I would. I instantly said that we should let Cardiff walk up the other end and equalise. As that is what I would expect were it the other way round. Luckily the ref made the sensible decision.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Really?? the millions the premier league brings to safe guard the future of the club and you''d rather be playing Yeovil?ask Liverpool fans what having a diver up front means to them.[/quote]We''re debt free now, relegation wouldn''t jeopardise the future of the club, and yes I''d rather be playing Yeovil than be in the Prem by cheating

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]I''d rather get relegated by 2 points than stay up by cheating tbh[/quote]Really?? the millions the premier league brings to safe guard the future of the club and you''d rather be playing Yeovil?[/quote]Ironically a similar situation occured in a recent League Cup game at Yeovil. Yeovil then permitted the other team to score unopposed, which is obviously what would have happened if Fer''s goal today was allowed to stand.

Apparantly the ref disallowed it as he had not blown his whistle for the throw to be taken. How often do refs whistle for a throw to be taken? In any case the spirit of the game was upheld and thank goodness for that.

I would rather not be villified by the press and others, instead I believe the situation was righted. I could not hold my head up high as a Norwich fan if we won by such Nefarious means...

so next time a player dives in the box to win a penalty against us we will all just sit on our hands and accept it when they dont let us score at the other end?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]so next time a player dives in the box to win a penalty against us we will all just sit on our hands and accept it when they dont let us score at the other end?[/quote]In that instance this board would be flooded with angry messages slagging off that player and the referee.Agree with your logic in the quoted post, there are similar debateson morality in cricket (E.G. Stuart Broad gets slaughtered for not walking, but bowlers can falsely appeal all day long), but you have to draw a line somewhere. And scoring from a situation like that is completely unacceptable whether it be for or against us in my view.