Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Mike Jones

Another one who fills me with dread. Realistically he had very little to do today, but he even struggled with that. I thought both the booking were Ok but he has no authority. And because of that the players seem to show little respect. He could have avoided all of that nonsense at the end of the match with better communication. If he had told the players he wanted the ball to end up in Marshall''s arms (as he was the one who sportingly put it out) he would have been justified in retaking the throw as they had ignored his request. A few big blasts on the whistle and a bit of authority soon let''s people know what you want. He didn''t do that and you end up with the sort of fiasco that we witnessed. The sad thing is we remember that at the end and even if he had had a brilliant game it would be overshadowed by one thing that could have been avoided.

Mike Jones 5

In my panic to get it done I''ve forgotten to mention the fact that he failed to stop David Marshall time wasting at every available opportunity, which really irritates me. One warning then a yellow soon sorts that out.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Ive probably asked this before, but have you ever given a referee higher than a 5? They can''t all be that bad! [:P]
[/quote]

Only when I''m in a good mood !!! [:D]

Marshall''s time wasting was annoying and IMO was actually behind him kicking out the ball for "that" throw in not sprtsmanship. IMO the tackle by Campbell was late and naughty and the Ref should have stopped the game when Marshall had the ball in his hands - Marshall should of played on -although Tettey was obviously injured. I for one wish they would get rid of this putting the ball out of play when a player goes down  and then expect to be given it back, I was delighted when we continued to play when the Cardiff player was down "injured" in the first half- he soon got up when he realised that the ref wasn''t going to stop the game.

The Ref is there to control the game so let him do that and the players should play to the whistle. As for the throw in why should we give it back to them?

Very inconsistent I thought.

Think Turner must have threatened him after the Hull game as there were a number of times I''d have given a FK to Cardiff against Turner. And there were a few silly pushes he gave FKs for, then ignored others. Time wasting a big issue. Marshall reguarly took 10 seconds to kick the ball after placing it. Rather unnecessary, would have been 2 seconds if they were losing.

The guy who sits next to me and I were counting how long they were taking to take throw ins and how long it took for goal kicks and for the keeper to release the ball.

It was rediculous. Throw ins regularly took 10 seconds or longer. Goal kicks about 13 seconds or longer and held the ball for at least 15 or more seconds.

Overall we added up to at least 6 minutes wasted before we gave up!

Clearly Jones hadn''t learned from watching the game v Chelsea!

Snake