Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Is Snodgrass Hughton's son?

Plays 90 minutes of every game regardless of how he performs; takes every set play, left, right or centre; destroys our balance because of his desire to play on the right. Time to go with Pilks and Redmond, but more chance of Hughton making a sub before 70 mins than that.

Snodgrass is one of the few players we have capable of unlocking a defence. Redmond, although he has other strengths eg his shooting, is still understandably raw in this area.

JH

Hoolahan is more capable than Snodgrass and he can''t even get on the bench!

If today was his best performance this season it goes to show how cr*p he''s been!

Snake!

Snoddy just has to be dropped. Yes we had lots of possession but (It seemed like every time) Snoddy touches the ball the pace of our attack drops to zero.

Also today his close control was horrible, and so very few passes could be run on to. IMO drop him and put Redmond on the right wing and maybe, just maybe the attack will start to click as RvW, Fer, Howson, Pilkington, Martin and Olsson all seem to know what to do..

I only saw the second half today, but for me his corners were horrendous. They are hit too high and too slowly to be an attacking threat. We seldom ever look like scoring from corners anymore. Surely there must be somebody else in the team capable of taking a corner?

[quote user="Desert Fox"] Surely there must be somebody else in the team capable of taking a corner?[/quote]i think their all a bit scared of asking him for permission too

Snodgrass had a decent game and his delivery was better than it has been recently.

Not sure scapegoating is really necessary, we were comfortably the better side but we, again, failed to capitalise on the chances and positions created.

Disappointing result, especially given how dominant we were, that domination is encouraging, the failure to capitalise is worrying.

Yes he did play much better today, particularly in the first half when Cardiff found it necessary to double up on him as he was causing them plenty of problems....surely everyone could see that??

Before the last game we were calling him Hughtons love child. Guess I''m not the only one who thinks so.

Watched a different game to me Mark!

He was average today which is better than he has been but not good enough!

It''s not scapegoating just fact the he is badly out of form and should not be playing.

He was not at fault for the result today but has a big influence in the reason we are not scoring and winning!

Snake

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Snodgrass had a decent game and his delivery was better than it has been recently.

Not sure scapegoating is really necessary, we were comfortably the better side but we, again, failed to capitalise on the chances and positions created.

Disappointing result, especially given how dominant we were, that domination is encouraging, the failure to capitalise is worrying.[/quote]

I have been quite critical of Snoddy this season, however in the first half today he turned in his best performance of the season, 2nd half he ran out of steam and quality dropped. My biggest concern with him is his physical fitness, I have seen him puffing and panting so much this season especially in the 2nd half, he looks like he''s gasping for breath like a 40 fags a day bloke, I think they should play him 45 min and Redmond the other, until one of them builds up the needed stamina.

(At the moment) the guy is absolutely pants. Yes you can double up on him because he doesn''t have the pace to run past you on the outside, so you just have to block an inside run or cross. One time he did get outside the fullback the cross was straight into the keeper''s hands... all Marshal had to do was stand straight up and catch the ball - thanks very much!

Most of our shots were from a long way out, yes we had at least two goal mouth scrambles, hit the post etc and yes we should have won 3 -1 or so anyway, but it''s pretty obvious we have no fluidity, and without wanting to pick on him, he''s the prime culprit.

By all means.

It''s just my opinion after all, which bit of it do you feel requires me to enhance my vision?

I must have imagined Snodgrass running at players in the box, committing them to go to ground, putting in dangerous balls (one of the best chances he created was a shocking miss by Russell Martin), I''m as disappointed with the end result as anyone but jeez....

[quote user="snake-eyes"]JH

Hoolahan is more capable than Snodgrass and he can''t even get on the bench![/quote]I don''t really disagree with this, it was exactly the sort of game where he''d have been useful. Maybe he was injured.

Very good in the first half today. Very little in the second half.

Bad habit of messing things up and then trying to blame others. And it''d be nice if someone else took a set piece for a change because his certainly aren''t consistently good enough to warrant him taking absolutely everything.

Have you watched the games this season?

He has been awful!

The penalty incident was the last straw for me, however he was average at best today.

I truly don''t understand why people still think he warrants a starting place every week?

Slow, predictable, arrogant, selfish, very inconsistent and seriously out of form. Did I miss anything?

However some seem to think he is beyond criticism and can not be dropped.

Big news flash....he is not too good to be dropped!

Snake

Norwich fans love a scapegoat don''t they. Now Morison has gone I guess some fans need someone new to pick on before they''ve even done anything wrong.

There is an element of him being a scapegoat, but that said, he has until yesterday''s first half performance been clearly some way short of his form of last season. But it is funny how some of us clearly were watching two different games yesterday. 

"GJP"

Very good in the first half today. Very little in the second half.

Bad habit of messing things up and then trying to blame others. And it''d be nice if someone else took a set piece for a change because his certainly aren''t consistently good enough to warrant him taking absolutely everything.

Tend to agree with this.

Snodgrass was excellent in the first half today, however like the rest of the team, waned somewhat in the second half. He was all over their left back and was beating him for fun - ''had him on toast'' I believe was the commentators description on MOTD.He obviously hasn''t started the season well but the last two games have been a huge improvement and those who watch him and have a footballing brain should be able to see that. Perhaps his mental state has improved after his wife successfully gave birth after a near fatal car crash a few weeks ago, who knows.What I do know is that some of the bile towards him is disgusting and not that of a Norwich supporter.