Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

so how long does he get now ?

Just to upset the pro Hughton camp 2 of those wins were against teams who were ''on the beach'' with nothing to play for, we will find out saturday how we fare against City when they have something to play for and a manager in place.

Because most sensible people don''t count last season as it has finished and Hughton did his job of keeping us up. Yes it was ugly most of the time, but there were some good and very good results.

I am judging Hughton on this season and am I happy? Not particularly. We are starting to play well but as has been shown, playing well doesn''t get points.

What to do? Haven''t a clue, because the team are obviously playing for Chris. Move him out? Move him upstairs? Bring in an attacking coach, if thet exist?

But you should be counting last season because xmas last season was when the rot started, a quality manager will address the problem and make the tactical changes needed to stop that rot. He failed to do that last season and has now thrown 25 million at the problems, still failing to address the problem that we are so toothless going forwards. We need fresh ideas now because we are predictable and stale.

He gets another 7 or 8 games I''d say. Correct me if I''m wrong (and I could be, I was at a wedding all day yesterday and followed the game on twitter), but on another day a couple of our enormous amounts of shots would have gone in and we wouldn''t even be having this conversation. And as Hughton can''t physically kick the ball in the net for them, he''s not totally to blame.

Could it be that the new strikers are not as good as the old striker.

The old striker whose presence at the club corresponded with many good times.

The old striker who only left because he was deeply frustrated by the tactics employed by CH which left strikers with little help

The same striker who has scored again this season

Holt wouldn''t help us one jot this season, much like he didn''t last year. Van Wolfswinkel is a much better footballer than Grant Holt. Jury''s still out on Hooper.

Yesterday I was as disappointed as anyone and moaning about Hughtons ineptitude, but this moaning in the cold light of day, we could and should have won that game comfortably. The team Hugton put out pretty much dominated from start to finish and limited Cardiff to just 1 real chance (admittedly the best chance of the game that they should''ve scored)

But for the most part the team played well and should have won. Maybe we should have sacrificed tettey for another striker rather then keep 1 up front until the last 5 minutes but then maybe we would now be talking about losing 0-1 because yesterdays game always felt like we would never score and then they would break away and score in the last minute.

I think the one missing part to our team is a link between striker and midfield, we need a hoolahan type player, I say hoolahan type because for all the hype when he doesn''t play because hes our most creative player apparently I bet john ruddy has more assists then he does. I think we had 31 shots yesterday but I cant think of any gilt edged chances to be honest, the nearest we came to scoring was a long range shot which marshall saved, a deflected cross and the closest chance a stretching Pilkington just not getting enough on the ball with the goal gaping, but that''s about it. For all out shots and domination we really created little and mostly resorted to hopeful balls into the box,crosses and long shots

We always struggle to break down teams that defend as deep as Cardiff did so we need that number 10 player who can player In the space left when the Cardiff team is defending enmasse. Maybe its time to start Redmond and Pilkington wide and Snodgrass behind the striker.

Hughton deserves and has earnt the tight to be given at least 12 games, maybe 15. there are so many average teams in this division, I think palace hull and Cardiff are still clearly the 3 worst sides, then there are around 10-12 teams with very little between them, they just have confidence and momentum at the moment, like we did last season in our 10 game unbeaten run, and im sure we can do similar this season.

The accepted benchmark is 10 games........time is virtualy up imo.[:|]