Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

so how long does he get now ?

--- Morty said: Fact is most people come here to whinge, and the views here really aren''t representative of the majority of fans, no matter what some people might say.

I disagree, most fans are pretty realistic like everyone else. They are neither worshipping Hughton as the messiah or castigating him as useless. There was no getting away from the negative tactics of last season, or indeed our impotence in attack.

We have spent the vast majority of 2013 slipping towards the relegation zone culminating in the Arsenal vs Wigan game just a couple of weeks from the end of last season which could have seen us above the drop zone on only goal difference.

Now the new season has started and we are in the drop zone, albeit as a part of a large group of teams in lower midtable, and thankfully not cut adrift.

Of course there are going to be questions asked about the management given these last 10 months.

This is kind of awkward.Foghorn, I think you''re a bit of a tit, and I don''t really have any interest in anything you have to say.Sorry.

Was at the game.Frustrated is an understatement.Ive been pro Hughton but he really isn''t helping himself.Snodgrass should have been dropped weeks ago. Redmond should be playing. Subs are simply just far too late. 86th Minute bring on our 9 mil pound striker.....Come on Chris. Thought he was going to have the balls to go two up front with hoops but no.. Wheres the passion? wheres the urgency to get the win? Players/ Fan need to see this. Why not throw the kitchen sink at a very poor Cardiff team?:(

--- morty:This is kind of awkward. Foghorn, I think you''re a bit of a tit, and I don''t really have any interest in anything you have to say. Sorry.

That''s ok Morty. As a frustrated individual you can''t stop yourself from making personal attacks. I realise it is because lost the debate years ago when you supported Worthy even after he was given the chop.

Keep on posting though. The Pinkun wouldn''t be the same without your childish one-liners.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- morty:This is kind of awkward. Foghorn, I think you''re a bit of a tit, and I don''t really have any interest in anything you have to say. Sorry.

That''s ok Morty. As a frustrated individual you can''t stop yourself from making personal attacks. I realise it is because lost the debate years ago when you supported Worthy even after he was given the chop.

Keep on posting though. The Pinkun wouldn''t be the same without your childish one-liners.[/quote]No honestly, I really have no interest in whatever your long standing, idiotic grudge is. And that has just been confirmed by you referring to something that happened several years ago lol.Give it up fella, I''m really not interested.

--- morty: No honestly, I really have no interest in whatever your long standing, idiotic grudge is. And that has just been confirmed by you referring to something that happened several years ago lol. Give it up fella, I''m really not interested.

I hold no grudge sheepy, I just see your idiotic one liners and personal attacks. Funny but you used to post real stuff, not anymore. Go read the definition of a troll, you might learn something.

I didn''t say that Barclay Boy.

What I said is that we should take an objective view on how many points, realistically and fairly, we should expect to have by this stage of the season and all I''m saying is that I had us down to lose those three games.

If you expected more points than that perhaps you would provide your justification, and if you think Hughton should be sacked because we lost to Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea then I''m just glad you are not in a position of power at this great Club of ours.

And the one thing I do know is this. Stability and steady growth is the best way to improve a football club. You only need to look at Man Utd and Stoke this season to see what managerial change can do.

You have to be damn sure that the manager is ''failing'' before you even consider change.

Ok, my expectations when getting the fixture list:

Everton - 1

Hull - 3

Saints - 3

Spurs - 0

Villa - 3

Stoke - 1

Chelsea - 1

Arsenal - 0

Cardiff - 3

Don''t think it was unrealistic given our last 2 games of last season or with more talent being added to the squad.

A point at home to Chelsea was based on our previous with the big boys at Carrow rd and that we are due something against them.

Certainly expected wins against those listed and to be honest, after beating Everton last yr I was confident of a win then.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- morty: What part of "I''m not interested" are you specifically struggling with?

I could care less whether you are interested or not sheepy.[/quote]So stop replying[Y]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Ok, my expectations when getting the fixture list:

Everton - 1

Hull - 3

Saints - 3

Spurs - 0

Villa - 3

Stoke - 1

Chelsea - 1

Arsenal - 0

Cardiff - 3

Don''t think it was unrealistic given our last 2 games of last season or with more talent being added to the squad.

A point at home to Chelsea was based on our previous with the big boys at Carrow rd and that we are due something against them.

Certainly expected wins against those listed and to be honest, after beating Everton last yr I was confident of a win then.[/quote]

Ok. So you had us down for 15 points, including a draw v Chelsea and a record of 3 wins and 2 draws in our 5 home games.

I would argue that what you''ve predicted is probably the very best that you could reasonably hope for. A more realistic approach would be perhaps not be to take points from Chelsea and Southampton, given where they are in the table currently. Also expecting a draw at Stoke I notice, when we''d lost there the last two seasons so possibly a little optimistic.

To put your predictions into context, if we''d done what you ''expect'' we''d be above Man Utd right now...

I said when getting the fixtures, so no. Getting nothing against Southampton was not in my thoughts. It was realistic to believe that we would beat them. And so we did.

Maybe optimistic about the point against Chelsea but after beating united, arsenal, spurs (cup) and city why would a point at home be out of the question?

The point also against stoke was off the back of the Hughes appointment, which I found off. We had lost there but I believe with what we had signed, we had every right to expect a team in a similar standing to us. One we finished above last yr.

Maybe using your rule of thumb of previous results, we shouldve beat Everton and pushed arsenal a lot more than we did.

Oh and to lose to villa ;)

To be fair, we can all argue about what we might expect from games, people will have their own opinions so I am not castigating you for what you''ve said.

By your own higher expectations than mine, Hughton is maybe 4 points behind where we''d like to be. Is that a sackable offence?

-4 points is exactly where I have us Beefy. Nothing serious yet, I''m just hoping it doesn''t knock the players confidence. A bit of luck is needed to turn things around. We seem to have had precious little so far.

[quote user="iron_stan"]this is mainly aimed at the pro hughton possehes spent 24 + million, sold the clubs talismanic striker, and has 8

points from 9 games, sitting in the bottom 3 having scored only 6 goalssome of you are adamant the club should stick with clueless chris, so how many more games should he be given now ?

[/quote]

Could not of put it better myself iron-stan. Some of the people on here would want him if we had no points from 15 games. I don''t know why, I''m unsure what these people see in like4like Chris but I''ve SEEN and HEARD enough from the c0ck to last me a life time. He''s squeezing the life out of the player and fans alike and now it''s looking like roeder mk2. But some people on here probably were backing him up to his last day aswell.

Its times like this that I am glad that I actually go to games, and talk to real people, so actually realise just how ridiculous some of the claims about "feeling amongst the fans" are.

You must be the "only one there" monty the superfan!!! I''m surprised you manage to venture into the big wide world and didn''t just look at it on Google bloody earth!

Timing in replacing a manager is all important. If CH was to be replaced it would need to follow the Palace home game at the end of November. That would allow 4 weeks to find a new manager and give them some time to assess the squad and identify new players to target in the January window. If the board stick with CH into December then it''s likely he''ll be there for the season. Relegation should lead to his dismissal otherwise stick with him for next season.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- morty:This is kind of awkward. Foghorn, I think you''re a bit of a tit, and I don''t really have any interest in anything you have to say. Sorry.

Keep on posting though. The Pinkun wouldn''t be the same without your childish one-liners.[/quote]

Sod him CFH I like what you''ve got to say and monty is a grade a c0ck as everyone on this thread can see. LOL he supported worthy after he was chopped??? That''s strange I just accused him of doing it with Roeder and he got all defensive. So maybe he know absolutely F.A about the game that he protests he watches lol

A related question to ask would be where would Hughton need to be in the table in order to be safe from the sack? Would he be safe on 13 points in 9th place with a dour and pragmatic game, but in trouble with 9 points in 16th but playing like the 1982 Brazil World Cup side?

I don''t believe you ever thought we''d get those results CUSDP! I never see you forecasting we''d get any points. I think you''re fibbing buddy. Even I didn''t think we''d do that well. I''m like Rickyyyyy and think we''re 4 points light of where I thought we''d be.

6 league wins this calendar, how many managers would keep their job after a run like this? I struggle to see where the goals are coming from let alone a win. It''s no where near good enough.

Haven`t checked your stats JF but they sound about right, its amazing that people are still trying to defend his record.