Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

so how long does he get now ?

this is mainly aimed at the pro hughton possehes spent 24 + million, sold the clubs talismanic striker, and has 8

points from 9 games, sitting in the bottom 3 having scored only 6 goalssome of you are adamant the club should stick with clueless chris, so how many more games should he be given now ?

[quote user="iron_stan"]this is mainly aimed at the pro hughton possehes spent 24 + million, sold the clubs talismanic striker, and has 8

points from 9 games, sitting in the bottom 3 having scored only 6 goalssome of you are adamant the club should stick with clueless chris, so how many more games should he be given now ?

[/quote]29.

If we are still in the bottom 3 after the Palace game he could be in trouble but I doubt that will happen.

[quote user="River end canary"]I am praying he goes in the next 15 minutes. Even by his low level if competence that was poor today[/quote]Did you go to the game?

[quote user="ricardo"]If we are still in the bottom 3 after the Palace game he could be in trouble but I doubt that will happen.[/quote]i think we will still be down therewho are we going to beat ? man city, west ham, newcastle (a), and palacepalace is the only one i see us winning on current form, and even that will be harder with them lifted by new management

[quote user="morty"][quote user="River end canary"]I am praying he goes in the next 15 minutes. Even by his low level if competence that was poor today[/quote]Did you go to the game?[/quote]

Yip as always

[quote user="River end canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="River end canary"]I am praying he goes in the next 15 minutes. Even by his low level if competence that was poor today[/quote]Did you go to the game?[/quote]

Yip as always[/quote]Do you actually understand football, or are you one of those sorts who constantly criticises everything? Perhaps naming players who aren''t playing as the solution to the problem?

I thought the first half in particular we totally dominated the game today. We carved out chance after chance and I understand had 31 goal attempts, the most of any team, in any game, in the PL this season.

Chris Hughton can set up the team to play well, but he can''t score for the players. They have to take responsibility for some of those missed chances.

But he''s still too negative, right?! He should have played 6 up front. Then we''d have lost 8-2 but at least we''d have had a go....

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

I thought the first half in particular we totally dominated the game today. We carved out chance after chance and I understand had 31 goal attempts, the most of any team, in any game, in the PL this season.

Chris Hughton can set up the team to play well, but he can''t score for the players. They have to take responsibility for some of those missed chances.

But he''s still too negative, right?! He should have played 6 up front. Then we''d have lost 8-2 but at least we''d have had a go....

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="River end canary"]I am praying he goes in the next 15 minutes. Even by his low level if competence that was poor today[/quote]Did you go to the game?[/quote]You clearly did as you seem to think boasting about it makes you better than others , sad and oh so pathetic ,

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="morty"][quote user="River end canary"]I am praying he goes in the next 15 minutes. Even by his low level if competence that was poor today[/quote]Did you go to the game?[/quote]You clearly did as you seem to think boasting about it makes you better than others , sad and oh so pathetic , [/quote]Sorry, but where was I boasting?Can you point that out?I asked a question.Sounds like you have some inferiority issues fella.

You have asked the same question on numerous threads which all points to the if you didnt go you are not as good as Morty crap , as for inferiority complex you are the one on here trying to bully everybody for having a different opinion to you , Wiiz being a classic example .Its a messageboard fella people will post what they like whether you like it or not .

Redmond should have started. People are crediting the change that brought him on but he shouldve already been on the pitch.

I think the main gripe isn''t how many chances we created but why didn''t he react to mackays change at ht and when he did change it, why didn''t we change shape to counter it.

Still can''t believe we only had 3 mins of 2 up top. I don''t think its all about playing 2 up top. It''s more about having the adaptability to change and make use of that option if needed.

For me he rarely has influence on the sideline (Everton and Watford) and has no plan b.

But I wasn''t at the game today, I had to watch it. So guess my opinion is void for this week.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]You have asked the same question on numerous threads which all points to the if you didnt go you are not as good as Morty crap , as for inferiority complex you are the one on here trying to bully everybody for having a different opinion to you , Wiiz being a classic example .Its a messageboard fella people will post what they like whether you like it or not .[/quote]Bless.

The bottom line for success is to get a result when you''re playing badly but right now we can''t get a result even when we''re playing well.You cannot carry on forever simply hoping that results will change for the better because eventually it will be too late.Whether it''s team selection, players form, tactics, substitutions or just plain bad luck it''s obvious that it''s not working.It doesn''t matter how nice the current Manager is, or what the perceived quality of the possible replacements is, there comes a time when you cannot afford to keep bumbling along in the same fashion that you have for the last 10 months and hope that it''ll be alright in the end, because all the indications are that it won''t be.Sooner or later (next week, the week after or in a month) the inevitable will happen and there will have no other option but to replace Hughton so we might as well get it over & done with now.

I just cannot understand the argument that Redmond should have started. Snodgrass for me had his best game this season and I thought Pilkington equally caused all sorts of problems. They were the two that were giving Cardiff all the issues in the first half, so much so that Mackay had to take off his two wide men at half-time to try to counter it. So why did we need Redmond to start when Cardiff tactically made an admission that we were on top in those areas?

Stop trying to invent reasons to criticise Hughton. The performance today was excellent. It was Mackay who had to make the changes to try to counter us, that''s a tip of the hat that Hughton had him out-thought tactically in terms of starting XI. Doesn''t that count as a tactical success?!

We are one win away from a nice, solid mid-table position. Stop trying to create a crisis where this isn''t one. There are 9 games gone, not 29.

I try to take an objective view, which isn''t always easy but it''s important if you care that what you believe is true. I called for Worthington to leave, and it was obvious in that 4-1 home defeat to Burnley that the players had deserted him. What I see right now is worlds away. We have just battered Cardiff today. We didn''t win but that happens. It wasn''t for the lack of sound tactics because we dominated most of the game. Maybe we could have done things differently, they might have worked, they might not. I only judge on what I see, and what I see right now is a decent side that will win games if they continue to play as they are.

OTBC

Let''s give an objective analysis on the results this season so far, and really ask ourselves whether it is fair to call for Hughton to leave the Club.

Firstly, let''s look at Chelsea (h), Spurs (a) and Arsenal (a). I think any reasonable fan would accept that anything more than 3 defeats from those games is a bonus, and Hughton should not be judged negatively for losing those games. Feel free to challenge my assumption!

That leaves 6 games, as follows:

Southampton (h) Won

Stoke (a) Won

Everton (h) Draw

Cardiff (h) Draw

A Villa (h) Lost

Hull (a) Lost

I would argue that we would not have expected 6 points from the two games won, particularly given Southampton''s excellent season so far, plus Stoke''s usually strong home record. Most reasonable fans would have expected perhaps 3 points from those two games.

Everton was a good result against a top 7 side. Cardiff, equally, a disappointing result. We maybe would have expected 3/4 points from those games.

Aston Villa we might have expected to draw/win. Hull, perhaps a draw/win would have been a reasonable expectation. 4 points from the two games would have been a good return, perhaps 3 would have been satisfactory.

So looking at those games we might have expected 10 points. We have 8. We are slightly behind where we''d like to be ideally.

Hughton out? Seems a little harsh on the evidence.

So why not just admit, Hughton outers, that this has nothing to do with the above, simply because he is seen as ''negative''. Yet we had 31 goal attempts today...

The thing that concerns there Beefy, is we''ve failed to score in 3 of those 6 games where we''d be looking to take points. Needs to be rectified and quickly.

Beefy

Snodgrass was average at best today! It was his best game this season but still not very good. Redmond offers so much more. I am stunned people still think Snodgrass deserves snd should start. He has been poor, arrogant and selfish all season.

Yes I admit I don''t like him as a player so maybe I am biased against him, but how anyone can say he is a better option than Redmond is beyond me.

I will always praise a player if they play well. I have not been a fan of Howson as some will attest to but I have to admit he was excellent todsy and has been for tge kast few games. All credit to him! He deserves his place in the team. Snodgrass does not.

Snake

Thanks Morty.

I''m just pretty tired of coming on here seeing little other than negativity. To be honest I find it soul-destroying. This is a fantastic era for the Club, probably the best in my 33 years other than 1992-1994. We''ve improved so much, off the field and on it. We have so many talented players, on a different planet to what we had in League One, yet we deride the players now for losing to the cream of europe when we happy clapped watching Simon Lappin and Korey Smith away to Wycombe.

I''m proud of the Club at the moment and I think Chris Hughton is being treated incredibly unfairly by ''supporters'' who are supposed to try to help him and NCFC. I truly hope that the board stays strong because I really fear the upheaval of a change of management team. It is hugely costly, usually leads to changes in the playing squad, and it does not guarantee an improvement. Many people would do well to remember that, and to accept that we are only 3 points from 9th place in this league. Hardly at crisis point.

Thanks Morty.

I''m just pretty tired of coming on here seeing little other than negativity. To be honest I find it soul-destroying. This is a fantastic era for the Club, probably the best in my 33 years other than 1992-1994. We''ve improved so much, off the field and on it. We have so many talented players, on a different planet to what we had in League One, yet we deride the players now for losing to the cream of europe when we happy clapped watching Simon Lappin and Korey Smith away to Wycombe.

I''m proud of the Club at the moment and I think Chris Hughton is being treated incredibly unfairly by ''supporters'' who are supposed to try to help him and NCFC. I truly hope that the board stays strong because I really fear the upheaval of a change of management team. It is hugely costly, usually leads to changes in the playing squad, and it does not guarantee an improvement. Many people would do well to remember that, and to accept that we are only 3 points from 9th place in this league. Hardly at crisis point.

[/quote]Can''t disagree with any of that.My faith was restored a little today when a section of the snake pit sang "You don''t know what you''re doing" and then were roundly drowned out by a shout of "Who do you actually support"Fact is most people come here to whinge, and the views here really aren''t representative of the majority of fans, no matter what some people might say.

Let''s give an objective analysis on the results this season so far, and really ask ourselves whether it is fair to call for Hughton to leave the Club.

Firstly, let''s look at Chelsea (h), Spurs (a) and Arsenal (a). I think any reasonable fan would accept that anything more than 3 defeats from those games is a bonus, and Hughton should not be judged negatively for losing those games. Feel free to challenge my assumption!

That leaves 6 games, as follows:

Southampton (h) Won

Stoke (a) Won

Everton (h) Draw

Cardiff (h) Draw

A Villa (h) Lost

Hull (a) Lost

I would argue that we would not have expected 6 points from the two games won, particularly given Southampton''s excellent season so far, plus Stoke''s usually strong home record. Most reasonable fans would have expected perhaps 3 points from those two games.

Everton was a good result against a top 7 side. Cardiff, equally, a disappointing result. We maybe would have expected 3/4 points from those games.

Aston Villa we might have expected to draw/win. Hull, perhaps a draw/win would have been a reasonable expectation. 4 points from the two games would have been a good return, perhaps 3 would have been satisfactory.

So looking at those games we might have expected 10 points. We have 8. We are slightly behind where we''d like to be ideally.

Hughton out? Seems a little harsh on the evidence.

So why not just admit, Hughton outers, that this has nothing to do with the above, simply because he is seen as ''negative''. Yet we had 31 goal attempts today...

[/quote]

You can''t just leave results out because we didn''t expect to get anything out if them I''ll ask the FA to remove the 3 points against man city last season because we didn''t expect to get them