Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

Players clearly upset by booing.......

Lots of tweets on twitter about the booing, a number of players saying it doesn''t help.

I agree booing really is starting to devide the club, we attacked all game and had lots of chances, a couple of goals today and we would have been saying best performance of the season.

We need points and the manager and players are clearly feeling the pressure. Boo a poor performance if that''s your thing but not a good one.

Fans who boo are not loyal to our club?

Booing seemed a strange reaction today. The only emotion at the end was surely disappointment. I''d be gutted if I was booed off after playing so wholeheartedly and well. Did anyone on here boo? If so genuine question - why?

Yup, made a thread on this earlier, certainly don''t think it helps in any way shape or form.

Certainly don''t think it was very wise of Johnson and Bennett to post those Tweets either when frustrations were already high.

I just don''t understand the point of booing at a football match. It seems to have got a lot more common since our promotion to the premier league, and that includes the season under Lambert.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]I just don''t understand the point of booing at a football match. It seems to have got a lot more common since our promotion to the premier league, and that includes the season under Lambert.[/quote]

I find it absolutely pathetic, and only corrosive to the relationship between players and fans. How can we expect loyalty from them when we don''t even give it ourselves?

I didn''t boo but do you think it was more out of frustration towards CH than to the players I don''t think anyone has had a negative word to say towards the players today but I think a lot of ppl think hughton got it wrong with the changed upfront which turned the crowd from positive to frustrated fairly quickly

You pay your money....

It doesn''t help but how else do these folk display their displeasure? They could ring CanaryCall or perhaps start another Hughton thread on here?

The booing is a clear sign of how far we''ve come, I can''t imagine that performance being booed in any other season I''ve followed Norwich. A dominant performance that can only, and I do mean only, be described as bloody unlucky.

We wanted the win, we deserved the win, we didn''t get the win. Boo indeed.

Our league position might deserve criticism but the immediate feedback the players received after the game was unfair.

[quote user="stuie82"]I didn''t boo but do you think it was more out of frustration towards CH than to the players I don''t think anyone has had a negative word to say towards the players today but I think a lot of ppl think hughton got it wrong with the changed upfront which turned the crowd from positive to frustrated fairly quickly[/quote]

No I don''t. Because if it was against Hughton then it would have been "we want Hughton out". In fact unless I was hearing things in the blankets weren''t the Barclay singing "Hughton''s yellow army"?

I booood today.

I think it is only the second time I have done so in loyally supporting my club through thick and thin for over 30 years.

Generally I think it is wrong. Personally, my reaction at the end today was pure frustration at Hughton''s tactics, and not the players. I know they wouldn''t be able to tell, but it was a reaction not a thought out action.

I have always kept the faith with Hughton, not necessarily agreeing with what he does but understanding why he does it and wanting so much for him to have success with us.

For the first time today I feel I want him out. In my opinion this was the easiest team we have probably played in 3 seasons, this game had 4 nil written all over it after half an hour.

Rarely have I seen a game where it was just so obvious that we needed to replace a defensive player with another striker at half time or soon after. The longer the game went on, the more obvious it became. To replace like for like when he did was ridiculous, and only going for the two strikers in the 86th minute was even more ridiculous.

Deep down I still want Hughton to turn it round but witnessing his dire decision making today I am so frustrated and angry that I am seriously running out of hope.

Maybe the players would understand if they were spending hard earned money to watch monotonous safety play instead of exciting football, which I''m certain would''ve brought 3 points today.

I feel we the supporters, have helped our team on many occasions, and should understand that we are entitled to find a way of expressing our emotions when we are not happy.

[quote user="The gut"]I booood today.

I think it is only the second time I have done so in loyally supporting my club through thick and thin for over 30 years.

Generally I think it is wrong. Personally, my reaction at the end today was pure frustration at Hughton''s tactics, and not the players. I know they wouldn''t be able to tell, but it was a reaction not a thought out action.

I have always kept the faith with Hughton, not necessarily agreeing with what he does but understanding why he does it and wanting so much for him to have success with us.

For the first time today I feel I want him out. In my opinion this was the easiest team we have probably played in 3 seasons, this game had 4 nil written all over it after half an hour.

Rarely have I seen a game where it was just so obvious that we needed to replace a defensive player with another striker at half time or soon after. The longer the game went on, the more obvious it became. To replace like for like when he did was ridiculous, and only going for the two strikers in the 86th minute was even more ridiculous.

Deep down I still want Hughton to turn it round but witnessing his dire decision making today I am so frustrated and angry that I am seriously running out of hope.

Maybe the players would understand if they were spending hard earned money to watch monotonous safety play instead of exciting football, which I''m certain would''ve brought 3 points today.

I feel we the supporters, have helped our team on many occasions, and should understand that we are entitled to find a way of expressing our emotions when we are not happy.[/quote]If today was monotonous safety play I doubt my heart could stand a game where we peppered their goal with 31 shots.[:O]

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Clearly 31 goal attempts isn''t enough for the gut...[/quote]Perhaps he was watching with Wiz in the Wensum stand. Apparantly it has a restricted view.[:D]

31 attempts does not distract from what happened today, don''t be fooled by stats.

You can dissect sentences to be smart but I know what I witnessed today.

I did my best to explain my opinion, if you disagree fine, but don''t get smart.

I stand by the essence of my post. It was monotonous safety because Hughton could and in my opinion should have put another player in around the box today but he chose the safer option in keeping tettey sitting in front of the back four.

He went for the safe option.

I think the stats would''ve been even better, more shots on target and a better chance of converting them.

And if anyone is counting tetteys shot as a positive stat then they really are watching the wrong game.

Hey Ricardo, nothing wrong with my view, I am entitled to one.

Is it worth you having a view, maybe you should give up your seat if you are going to wear blinkers and only look at the stats. You can do that with the papers on a Sunday.

[quote user="The gut"]31 attempts does not distract from what happened today, don''t be fooled by stats.

You can dissect sentences to be smart but I know what I witnessed today.[/quote]
In other words, you''re going to completely ignore any evidence and cling blindly to your view?

If there had been anymore shots it would have been described as a kick in.The only thing missing today was a goal and to describe our play as monotonous and safety first is a gross misuse of the English language. You could argue that Hughtons substitutions weren''t adventurous enough for you but that will only ever be an arguable opinion.If I read any report tomorrow that describes our performance as monotonous and safety first I will issue an immediate apology but I somehow think you sit in a minority of one with that opinion.

Ffs

Read it again.

The essence of what is being said.

I''ve expressed my thoughts as best I can, picking up on individual words rather than a sentence in which they appear is just typical of what people face on this board.

I will try in my uneducated state to be clearer ( you don''t have to have a degree in English to understand football do you???).

I think:-

Hughton is generally defensive first.

Today we did attack.

I felt we could have attacked more, and be more threatening if Hughton had sacrificed a defensive midfielder for an attacker.

I think Hughton should definitely have made that decision today. I don''t think I have seen more clearly obvious decision.

In my very most humble opinion, I felt he could''ve and should''ve changed his tactic from defence first, to attack first during the game (long before the 86th minute).

Today I find this monotonous because he always does (and i accept that) and today he still continued with it when he didn''t need to (I find that hard to accept).

Now get off your high forum horses and allow people to have an opinion, without smartarse snipes. Just posting your own opinions is sufficient. I read them without sniping.

I have played and watched enough football to have thoughts of my own.

[quote user="The gut"]Ffs

Read it again.

The essence of what is being said.

I''ve expressed my thoughts as best I can, picking up on individual words rather than a sentence in which they appear is just typical of what people face on this board.

I will try in my uneducated state to be clearer ( you don''t have to have a degree in English to understand football do you???).

I think:-

Hughton is generally defensive first.

Today we did attack.

I felt we could have attacked more, and be more threatening if Hughton had sacrificed a defensive midfielder for an attacker.

I think Hughton should definitely have made that decision today. I don''t think I have seen more clearly obvious decision.

In my very most humble opinion, I felt he could''ve and should''ve changed his tactic from defence first, to attack first during the game (long before the 86th minute).

Today I find this monotonous because he always does (and i accept that) and today he still continued with it when he didn''t need to (I find that hard to accept).

Now get off your high forum horses and allow people to have an opinion, without smartarse snipes. Just posting your own opinions is sufficient. I read them without sniping.

I have played and watched enough football to have thoughts of my own.[/quote]

I can''t remember the last time I saw a team in the premier league have 31 shots. Your post claiming that we could have attacked more is ridiculous.

Whatnots could we do other than put the ball in the back of the net?

It was one of those days.

Well in my humble opinion, people can say Hughton set the team up defensively a lot last season but I would say this season, now that he has his team in place, the football is far more progressive and forward thinking.

Despite losses to Arsenal and Chelsea for 80 odd minutes we gave a good account of ourselves and certainly were not overly cautious.

Today we pummeled Cardiff, clearly our best performance yet, missing only one thing - goals.

I do think confidence has a part to play. Had Hooper scored one he would have gone on to score again. We just needed that little rub of the green today. Someone to get a cleaner contact on a finish or for Marshall to shrink by a foot.

Booking is ridiculous though. Elmander did help to re-inject some energy and bustle at a time when we looked to be dropping a little.

I agree though, RVW for Tettey should have happened and earlier to capitalise .

QH you might think it is ridiculous but I think if we had sacrificed a defensive player for an attacking one then we would''ve had more chance of converting those chances. I think that is obvious rather than ridiculous. With another player in and around their box to trouble their defence it might not have been one if those days and the ball had an increased opportunity of being in the back of the net.

I still don''t get where booing the players can have any positives after a performance like that. If I was a player I''d be upset too. I can understand disappointment because that''s what I felt. I can also understand frustration. But if the manager is what frustrates then why boo the players? All the manager will take from that is that during the game the supporters were singing his name and at the end they booed the team off.

[quote user="The gut"]QH you might think it is ridiculous but I think if we had sacrificed a defensive player for an attacking one then we would''ve had more chance of converting those chances. I think that is obvious rather than ridiculous. With another player in and around their box to trouble their defence it might not have been one if those days and the ball had an increased opportunity of being in the back of the net.[/quote]

You don''t understand football very well, do you?

Take a player out of that midfield and we struggle to hold on to the ball. If we don''t have the ball we can''t score, no matter how many players we have around the box. I''d have thought that was obvious, but apparently not.

There''s a reason that not many of the teams in the premier league play a genuine 4-4-2 these days.

I was interested to see we were supposedly set up 4-3-3 today. Well, according to MOTD anyway. I wasn''t there so looking at the team sheet I just saw the usual 4-5-1. Was it any different on the pitch? I didn''t watch the whirlwind highlights closely enough to tell if we were set up any differently than usual.

But either way, if we play like that every home game we have nothing to worry about. Absolutely battered them! How often do we see returning goalkeepers playing a blinder at their old clubs? Not at all uncommon.

I can''t speak for anyone else nutty, but I did not boo the players. I certainly did not join in with chanting Hughton''s name today. I think it was arguably Hughton''s worst tactical display today. It led me to boo for only my second time in many many matches. A reflection of how bad I thought the manager had got it wrong. Not the players.

I know you didn''t but the players obviously think you did buddy. We all see it differently. My take on the subs is that I would have left it alone at half-time, like he did. Then 15 mins into the second half when we seemed to not look so dangerous I would have simply changed Pilks for Redmond. Try that for 15/20 mins and if we didn''t get the goal sacrifice defensive players for forwards in the last 10. We dominated the game and made chances. Wholesale changes weren''t necessary.

[quote user="The gut"]I can''t speak for anyone else nutty, but I did not boo the players. I certainly did not join in with chanting Hughton''s name today. I think it was arguably Hughton''s worst tactical display today. It led me to boo for only my second time in many many matches. A reflection of how bad I thought the manager had got it wrong. Not the players.[/quote]

What exactly, other than the inability of the players to put the ball in the net, were you displeased about?

The manager can''t get on the pitch and finish chances off for the players.

We hammered Cardiff today. More or less total domination. The only problem was it was one of those rare days when the ball just won''t go in. Marshall made save after save. Their defenders made several goal saving tackles.

What do you think we could have done tray to create even more chances than we did?