Sign in to follow this  
Canarycat

Laudrup Out Pardew Out

The much vaunted and highly talented Swansea side with a 13 million pound striker have today failed to score at home against West Ham. Must be time for the manager to be sacked? Newcastle United with their galaxy of highly paid overseas stars lost 2-1 against a team who has not won a game all season and had one point before today. Must be time for their manager to be sacked as well.

I''m sure if both teams had failed to regularly find the net since December even with a improved squad they would both be out of work. This isn''t a knee jerk reaction Norwich have been poor since early December apart from the odd game.

....yeah and it''s not like we''ve bought any new players to the club, let alone new to this league over the summer? Players that need time to adjust and gel to a new squad.

We''ve played 9 and the last 4 have looked like a settling side that will be able to push on and put us where we should be in the league.

The ''poor since December'' line really is starting to get old.

Performances have improved, without doubt, results need to follow quickly though. We''ve got a good run of fixtures coming up, starting with yesterday, and we have to get points on the board.

Is the needing time to gel argument not the same for every club though?

Yes it is and it''s obviously taken us longer to work out our best way of playing than others, but then changing pretty much our complete way of thinking going forward compared to last year was always going to take time.

Since Stoke away, Hughton seems to have found the right formation and near enough, our best 11 ( or certainly a best 14 that will rotate depending on injuries etc).

I agree results now need to follow and quickly, but to keep citing our poor form since Christmas is misleading and suggests Hughton has done nothing to try and rectify our issues. He knows where we were weak, we all agree he''s bought well and now we''re seeing a settled formation, creating chances and that are perfectly capable of winning games.

Ok curious orange then I''m wrong we''ve been a joy to watch and our results have been superb!! I accept the new players settling in, but how long are you going to give them???

Compared to last season, yes, our performances in the last 4 games have been a joy to watch. Or certainly large portions of these games.

Improving the attack was always going to be a bigger ask than shoring up the defence but I personally, can now see us winning games and scoring goals. Yes it needs to happen imminently at home and if it isn''t after a couple more, then enoughs enough.

[quote user="First Wizard"]However, if would seem Poyet very much in.[/quote]Wow, you''re that fickle that one win convinces you?Oh actually, yeah, you are.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]However, if would seem Poyet very much in.[/quote]

Wow, you''re that fickle that one win convinces you?

Oh actually, yeah, you are.
[/quote]

No, its just the opposite thinking to the OP''s stupid thread logic.

Thought you were bright enough to suss that.

Obviously you''re not.

Never mind FW to be able to understand irony you have to be intelligent. Maybe somebody will explain that to you one day.

[quote user="Canarycat"]Never mind FW to be able to understand irony you have to be intelligent. Maybe somebody will explain that to you one day.[/quote]

They tried Puss but it wouldn''t sink in.[:D]

[quote user="Canarycat"]The much vaunted and highly talented Swansea side with a 13 million pound striker have today failed to score at home against West Ham. Must be time for the manager to be sacked? Newcastle United with their galaxy of highly paid overseas stars lost 2-1 against a team who has not won a game all season and had one point before today. Must be time for their manager to be sacked as well.[/quote]

Now that''s an interesting point except Swansea won a trophy last season and generally over-achieve, and that''s not something you generally say about the Welsh so I reckon Laudrup''s alright by me.

We should have swapped Houghton for Pardew a few weeks back, don''t want him now.