Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Second half yesterday a 45 minute demonstration of why the "bedwetters" have a point.

I have some sympathy with the points that have been raised on here, but really, we are still finding out about how some of our players.  For instance, how many premiership games has Hooper started?   Bring on RVW earlier?   How many goals has he scored?

Cardiff, came out the second half with a better idea how to handle the situation.   We had already had many chances in the first half and needed to have scored one of those.  The difficult situation was caused by not scoring in the first half.  

Blaming Hughton for poor substitutions is not as cut and dried as some would like to make out.  

I certainly agree that a few of our players are finding their feet in this league.

However Hughton is not. Forgot even which division the game was being played. Regardless of division or opposition or players, I have rarely seen such a clear cut obvious opportunity to change a tactic to maximise a chance of a win. He has a lot of management and professional football experience behind him. It was not about that. You could compare it to another ex player with similar experience but with a different philosophy. It was about his choice, his decision, he revealed yesterday that he was just not willing to deviate from his plan A. Plan A until 86 mins, despite this being the easiest and least threatening opposition he has witnessed since being here and in all the videos he reviewed of the previous season.

That is why my patience has been pushed to its limit, not only did his choice not get a deserved 3 points he practically removed all hope I had that he would grow into a better and more exciting manager for us.