Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Say it now! What if Norwich fail to Beat Cardiff?

[quote user="Norwich or die tryin"]Win, loose or draw Hughton has to go tomorrow.[/quote]I find it unlikely that we will sack our manager if we win or draw tomorrow. If he''s loose though he can clear his desk and get the f*ck out of our club. What a cheek.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Well, I tap out these posts on an iPhone and with the limited ability to review there will be errors. So what.

For me the Cardiff game is a ''must win'' and a draw or loss would regrettably for me mean CH and his coaches have to go.

Others might evaluate it differently, ie a draw or the manner of a defeat.

It''s a forum post Nigel, I''m not drawing you a Will or writing statute. But at least it served to get you the attention and sense of persecution you desire. In that respect you have a lot in common with Wiz.

Happily I think Norwich will win. I certainly hope we do but one thing nags (no, not you Nigel) the thing that nags is that certain players and managers suit certain clubs.

Lambert can''t stop winning at FCR even as an opposition manager, he slotted in from the start as did Culverhouse, again, and Crook when he was here. Holt is another great example along with the likes of Russell Martin and at this point I''d like to apologise to Nigel for not providing a comprehensive list.

But other people never seem to belong, like Roeder, players we can all identify and IMO Chris Hughton.

I remember Malky scoring his first Norwich goal and celebrating in front of The Barclay, he became part of the furniture quickly and his departure has always felt wrong and unnatural.

Malky might just do a Lambert on Saturday.

NB This message contains a point of pedantry for Nigel to find. Please refrain from pointing it out as this is for Nigel alone.[/quote]

Rudolph you were saying exactly the same things last season both before and after the home game with Villa. And just remind me how did last season turn out when all was said and done?

This season our performances have been much better and you''re still peddling the same old tosh , which ,makes me think you''re something of a bottler when the going gets tough.

Oh well!

I''ve given my opinion over time and got flak and support. It''s sad to see Norwich supporters divided and in-fighting. The arguments have been done to death.

Clearly, this can only play out over time and if over time Norwich avoid relegation then we will all be happy because that is the important thing.

We''ve won 6 league games since christmas!

Personally I am right on the brink of joining the Hughton outers....

Didnt go to the game yesterday but I kept as up to date with the second half at least as I could have done and it didnt surprise me in the slightest when the game finished 0-0.

Yesterday was must win in my opinion... we didnt.

And 2 of those 6 wins were against opposition with nothing to play for, one had just sacked their manager.

Nutty, as you brought Mr Bailey up the other day, I was wondering if you followed him on Twitter (if you''re on it?) and what you made of his comments both last night and this morning?

In case you''re not, I''ll copy and paste some of them below:

@michaeljbailey: OK, I''ve had a think now. I''ve said for a while I''m not sure about Norwich City''s attacking plan - & I still think that''s a big issue. #ncfc

@michaeljbailey: Wingers were taking an extra touch when the chance to deliver had just been worked - must make it so hard for forwards to read it all. #ncfc

@michaeljbailey: Also symptomatic of the fact the crosses were often behind the waiting forwards or #ncfc short on players running in and on to them.

@michaeljbailey: The fact is it''s good #ncfc are having so many goes at goal - but the quality of those chances still isn''t there, I don''t think.

@michaeljbailey: Also worth noting Cardiff defended very well. Plus, Mackay''s HT double sub & tactical switch never got an obvious reaction frm #ncfc dugout.

@michaeljbailey: Lots of stats flying around - but these are the ugly ones: #ncfc''s last 30 @premierleague games - six wins, 28 goals, 27 points.

@michaeljbailey: A Premier League season is only eight games longer. #ncfc

@michaeljbailey: Of those stats two of the wins, six of the points and seven of the goals came against West Brom & at Man City to finish last season. #ncfc

@michaeljbailey: Whatever your views on the manager, the fact is Norwich City have been in relegation form since last December. #ncfc

And Mr Bailey is correct, but when I and others bring those stats since xmas up we are told they are not important as thats last season and we finished 11th. That position masks over the real problems that have been there since xmas. Apart from a 10 game run he has been consistently poor, that run was the blip in form.

Not on twitter Brownie. I tried with it but can''t get on with it. What is it you''re asking me?

When I mentioned mbncfc it was to try to point out that although people post threads to divide the fans come match day we all want the same thing. You castigated me for it! So what do you think of Rudolph''s latest post pointing out "if over time Norwich avoid relegation then we will all be happy because that is the important thing."? I agree with him but feel he''s only saying the same thing that I did.

I castigated you for it?! I don''t think so old chap. I was fed up with your "Holier Than Thou Super Fan" routine. Bailey''s article that you linked to had nothing to do with it, as I pointed out.

I''m pointing out that Mr Bailey is saying many of the same things that us pant wetters have been saying for months, but were ridiculed for and told we were inferior supporters. As you seemed to respect his opinion the other day I was wondering what your opinion was on those Tweets of his that

I posted?

The management team''s tactical approach, both within and between matches, continues to demonstrate what, in my opinion, might be characterised as naivety, inflexibility or, dare I say, lack of competence. I remain bemused by the predominant feeling on this board of a continued belief that the management team should be given yet more time - doesn''t six wins in thirty provide sufficient information?

As for Rudolph''s comment, right now I''d bite you''re arm off for 17th place, but I feel we should be doing better than that.

The thing is, that''s by no means guaranteed. Results need to improve and quickly.

All the information is there Highland, six in thirty is not good enough, end of! 

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I castigated you for it?! I don''t think so old chap. I was fed up with your "Holier Than Thou Super Fan" routine. Bailey''s article that you linked to had nothing to do with it, as I pointed out.

I''m pointing out that Mr Bailey is saying many of the same things that us pant wetters have been saying for months, but were ridiculed for and told we were inferior supporters. As you seemed to respect his opinion the other day I was wondering what your opinion was on those Tweets of his that

I posted?[/quote]

So why are Bailey''s comments and Rudolph''s latest comments not "holier than thou"? I don''t think they are but then I don''t think mine are either. In fact I think "holier than thou" perfectly describes your entrance on to this thread.

My entrance on this thread was purely to point that your holier than thou attitude was becoming tiresome. I can''t see how you can take my comments, Rudolph''s or Baileys as being holier than thou because none have us have ever said that our opinion makes us better fans. You have.

So, do you agree with Bailey''s comments?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]My entrance on this thread was purely to point that your holier than thou attitude was becoming tiresome. I can''t see how you can take my comments, Rudolph''s or Baileys as being holier than thou because none have us have ever said that our opinion makes us better fans. You have.

So, do you agree with Bailey''s comments?[/quote]

And where did I say my opinion makes me a better fan?

I think you came on this thread specifically to take up a personal issue with me rather than take part in it. Have you, even though now it''s too late, yet responded to either the thread title of what Rudolph actually meant?

Are you saying that you''ve never said that? You accused me personally of being a fan and not a supporter, which couldn''t be further from the truth, not that you know the people you put down. Not on this thread admittedly, but the general tone was present once more.

I''ve told you my opinion on Rudolph''s comment, now for the third or fourth time or whatever it is, what do you make of Mr Bailey''s comments?

In case you missed my view on the OP I''ll tell you again. I said pre season I was happy to give him 10 games, I''ll stand by that. The signs are that we are on the verge of clicking so I think it would be wrong to get rid of him now. However if we take less than 5 or 6 points from the next 4 games then I''ll reassess.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Are you saying that you''ve never said that? You accused me personally of being a fan and not a supporter, which couldn''t be further from the truth, not that you know the people you put down. Not on this thread admittedly, but the general tone was present once more.

I''ve told you my opinion on Rudolph''s comment, now for the third or fourth time or whatever it is, what do you make of Mr Bailey''s comments?[/quote]

Well you continually enter threads to get on your pedestal and lecture me rather than take part in the debate. Why is that Brownie?

Firstly, I have taken part, my response to your question is right there for you to read, however I''ve repeatedly asked you to respond to some points which you are refusing to do. Why is that Nutty?

Secondly, it''s because as I''ve said, I find you super fan routine tiresome.

--- Mr Brownstone: You accused me personally of being a fan and not a supporter, which couldn''t be further from the truth, not that you know the people you put down. Not on this thread admittedly, but the general tone was present once more.

According to Nutty, a supporter blindly follows and does not question the manager or his decisions.

Those who question whether the manager is doing a good job are NOT supporters of the club, and NOT true fans.

Are you a True Fan Brownstone? I don''t think so.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- Mr Brownstone: You accused me personally of being a fan and not a supporter, which couldn''t be further from the truth, not that you know the people you put down. Not on this thread admittedly, but the general tone was present once more.

According to Nutty, a supporter blindly follows and does not question the manager or his decisions.

Those who question whether the manager is doing a good job are NOT supporters of the club, and NOT true fans.

Are you a True Fan Brownstone? I don''t think so.[/quote]

So where is the link to such views Foggy and Brownie?

Another phrase I never us is "true fans".

On another thread today there is a perfect example of how fans/supporters/followers can all get along with differing views.

Brownie.. You seem to now be saying my comments on this thread were not "holier than thou" even though you dived in to tell me they were[:S]

I think you follow me around this board with an agenda. There are countless occasions where you do this. Just pop it in the search and see for yourself[8-|] Here''s one that immediately came up : -

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2928086/ShowPost.aspx

Now why do you do that? Don''t stop BTW.. I love the attention! I''m just intrigued to know why?

---nutty nigel:So where is the link to such views Foggy and Brownie?

You have made your views quite clear in the past. Those who believe people at the club are not doing a good job or should be replaced are not ''supporters'' they are just ''fans''.

In your eyes a supporter should pay his money, turn up, show his loyalty and go home quietly.

It is very much a faith based sheep attitude.

I can''t be bothered to look it up Nutty but you know full well you went through a phase of insulting posters by calling them

fans and not supporters because they didn''t look at everything in a positive light and you stated that you were a better fan/supporter because of it. Maybe someone who can be bothered to waste their time can look it up, but it doesn''t really matter as you know exactly what you wrote.

You STILL have answered my question. That doesn''t come as a surprise though.

The thread you linked to was just another example I what I''m talking about really. A poster asked a genuine question wanting some help, which I attempted to give. Did you help Nutty? No, you chose to take it as another opportunity to have a dig at some supporters you feel superior to.

Thanks for proving my point.

Now, about those Bailey comments. Is he a fan or a supporter?

--- Bury Yellow: Now look Brownie and Foggie. Just go through all Nutty''s posts to confirm what he has and what he has not said. Simple surely.

What is the point? We all know what Nutty thinks. He thinks people who moan about the management are not supporters, they are spectators and customers. In his eyes there is a real difference.

The simple fact someone may desire a change in manager for the good of the club does not enter into Nutty''s black and white faith based reasoning.