Sign in to follow this  
Media_Student

I know he's done nothing wrong but...

I''d like to see Whittaker restored at right back. Russ hasn''t done anything wrong, and they are both two different types of right back. But in my opinion Whitts offers us more.

Also, what happens when Garrido is back fit? I think Olsson has been very impressive so far this season, but is Garrido restored to the starting XI when he''s back?

I think Man Utd in the cup is a great chance for players like Whittaker, Bennett, Wes, Redmond, Johnson, Elmander - those who have been on the bench of late - to make a big claim to getting back in the team.

Interesting point this, agree though, Russell Martin has done little wrong...BUT, I think Whittaker just has that little more quality and strength when getting forward, as he showed vs. Everton.

[quote user="Media_Student"]

I think Man Utd in the cup is a great chance for players like Whittaker, Bennett, Wes, Redmond, Johnson, Elmander - those who have been on the bench of late - to make a big claim to getting back in the team. [/quote]

Unless we smash Utd to pieces I can''t see it making much difference. Most players in the team at the moment are the best in their positrons.

Dubai Mark,

To be fair to Russ Martin, he has played all his games with Snoddy in front of him, in the Everton game Whitts had the pleasure of playing behind Benno, enough said really!!

Also, the following stats make interesting reading;

Ave  Passes per game:  RM 52.9 

SW 33.4

Pass Success:  RM 82.2%  SW 77.2%

Accurate crosses per game: 

RM 0.6  SW 0.2

Accurate long balls per game:  RM 3.1  SW 1.8

Russ for me every time, hard on Whitts but that''s football.