Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Ruddy's Save on Saturday....

I thought this would have a thread of it''s own by now.

I honestly think it''s one of the best saves I''ve ever seen live. When the ball was pulled back and Mutch was running on to it unmarked and 6 yards out I had already given it up as a Cardiff goal and decided that we were 1-0 down.

I''m still not totally sure how Ruddy not only got something on it, but got it up and over the bar. If that had gone in and Ruddy hadn''t made that brilliant save imagine the meltdown on here.

Who knows - that save might even turn out to be Hughton''s ''Mark Robins moment''.

Very good reaction save, top draw for sure.

Surprised that, and Cardiffs blatant hand ball in the box second half haven''t been mentioned more. Everyone I''ve seen mention that handball has said stonewall penalty, haven''t seen replay as MOTD didn''t show it.

GP If the penalty incident is the one where the ball defected of the players boot and on to his hand then I think it would have been a very harsh decision as the player had no intention of handling the ball and certainly didn''t move his hand towards the ball.

That said it would have been given probably if it was for one of the "top" teams

Staggering save by Ruddy. The look on the Cardiff player''s face was one of sheer disbelief that he hadn''t scored.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Probably saved Hughtons bacon.[/quote]

Damn!

I agree with you.[:S]

I may be wrong, but I understood it deflected away off his head. So not so much a ''save'' but more a case of a brave block or a fortunate bounce of the ball....

A decent Schmeichel-like "make yourself big" reaction save, but it cam off his face/neck didnt it? I don''t think he knew too much about it.

However he saved the shot, he was in position. The ball was not hit withy real venom, rather with control as Mutch sensed his chance, but Ruddy did very well to get anything on it. If our defenders could move with the same speed, we would block many of the shots that become goals. Well done Ruddy!

Marshall managed to keep a clean sheet with various bits of his arms and legs deflecting the shots. He''s well short of the best keeper in the EPL, but on the day he performed heroics, and in his own lesser way Ruddy did the same. (He kept the score against Arsenal down with one or two brilliant stops, so it looks as if he is finally at his best, or near, after one or two "iffy" moments earlier in the season. )