Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

How Do You Feel About A Woman As Manager?

Only if we do make a change, of course. Now that would be putting Norwich City on a trend -setting map. Abby Wambach may be available. She''s getting ready for the next stage of her career and she recently got married. Abby certainly knows what it takes to put the ball in the back of the net. Another possible benefit is that it might cause the boys to demonstrate their wares in a much more determined fashion. What do you think?

What a nice, positive response Nutty, although, I have to warn you, Abby is not the kind of "girl" to cry out, "We need a twelfth man here."

If I''m honest if we were to have a woman manager, I''d want one with bigger cans./sexist.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

A woman manager hey Yankee ?  [*-)][8-)]

[/quote]A face like thats gives me an overwhelming desire to paint a little Hitler slug on it!

I would be ok with a woman who was raised on proper footy. Wambach has spent her life focused on the much slower, far less competitive women''s game.

With no managing credentials, hiring her would be suicidal. What could she possibly bring to the table that would make the players sit up and listen.

Are there any female managers of pro soccer teams yet? Men''s soccer that is. If so, they''d be much better options than Wambachh but there are likely several thousand men who would be better hires. We should stick to football and leave the social engineering to others.

If we allowed a woman to be manager then soon us men would be forced into allowing them the right to vote. It can never happen

I cannot believe the amount of moronic sexist posts on this topic. Do women really offend you that much?? Way to go emphasising the imbred village idiot stereotype!!

I''d want to see her tested at the lower end of the mens game first, say a league 2 club. If she does well there and progresses to doing well at a championship club, then why not?

If there was anyone qualified to do the job, then absolutely 100%.

I''m surprised Hope Powell hasn''t been given a shot at a Conference or League 2 club by now, at the very least. She stayed too long as England/UK manager and became stale, but her achievements are surely enough that she''s better qualified than a lot of the managers at that level? Plus the media coverage she''d get would make her a smart move for a chairman looking to increase exposure of their club... I imagine we''ll see a female manager at a top-flight European club before the end of the decade, but I doubt it''ll become commonplace, especially as women''s football is slowly beginning to take off itself.