Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Are we a More Entertaining Team than Last season? Yes or No?

Yes and no.

Still incredibly frustratingly slow for much of the game. No wonder we don''t score when our counter attacking players either don''t play, play in wrong position or are only given the ball twice a half because Snodgrass is treated like Messi in our team.

Much, but we''d be so much more so if Snodgrass either picked up his game a notch or two or was swapped for Redmond or Bennett(when fit)/ Otherwise we are still below painfully slow to develop our attacks and especially counter attacks - can you imagine us scoring like Sunderland did today?

I love it when threads like this back people into a corner they don''t want to go in!

Now we show up to play, we''re far more entertaining.

I disagree the league is stronger. There are plenty of teams we should be expecting points from. What''s missing is the 10 game unbeaten cushion we rode the rest of last season once it ended.

Based on the last 4 games yes - cant see how we could be worse than last season entertainment wise. At worst I think we''d be equal to it. But massive improvement in last 4 games, even if the results havent come

Definitely agree about the last 4 games GMD. When I was coming away from the ground on Saturday as well as feeling totally frustrated I was thinking to myself that that was probably the most entertaining 0-0 draw I''ve ever seen. My mind then went back to the 0-0 draws last season at home to Fulham and Newcastle. A complete, total and utter contrast between those games and Cardiff - even if the final result was the same.

How are we ? There has been literally no progression since Hughton took charge IMO, people forget the end of last season, frustrating play, no cohesion etc.And its getting worse.

Its a result driven game................and he ain''t getting them![:(]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Its a result driven game................and he ain''t getting them![:(][/quote]That wasn''t the question.

Absolutely. Anyone who thinks in the last few games we''ve not shown improvement must be mad! All that is needed is for the strikers to get their confidence back (supporters can help here y''know ;)) and we''ll soon be winning a lot more than we lose. My only concern is can CH motivate players later on in matches - both times I noticed our heads dropped quickly after Chelsea and Arsenal scored after we''d started fighting back and dare I say even after taking the game to them for decent spells. We have to believe we''re still in it!. But overall, I think the players are working hard to gain that bit of luck and believe we''re slowly but surely moving in the right direction. I don''t think Hughton''s half as bad as some of you say - but I do think he certainly lacks the luck of the Irish sadly, here''s hoping that''ll change though!.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Its a result driven game................and he ain''t getting them![:(][/quote]And this annoys me.... Not persanally you Wiz (although you do rarely fail to wind-up [;)]), but this "results driven game" stuff.After our first win of the season, a plucky home win v Southampton, all the Hughton Out brigade were spurting "It''s not about the results, it''s about the performance". In my opinion, anyone that has seen out last 4 games will have seen the performances have been bordering between good, and excellent. However quite conveniently, the mantra has changed from "all about the performance: to "Results driven game". I just wish the Hughton Out brigade would look a little more pragmatically.Look, I realise that if results don''t improve in the next 4 games, then Hughton will probably need to go. But all this Hughton Out stuff now smells of throwing the baby out with the bath water. We have evolved well so far this season. I strongly believe a change now will do more harm than good.We''re turning the corner as we speak.

Totally agree with your post, ''Ghost of Michael''. We are turning a corner - Saturday was hugely disapponting thanks to Marshall''s inspired play - I''m blaming him, not Hughton or the lads!

[quote user="Alex "]Totally agree with your post, ''Ghost of Michael''. We are turning a corner - Saturday was hugely disapponting thanks to Marshall''s inspired play - I''m blaming him, not Hughton or the lads![/quote]
At the end of the day.  After the ManC game we''ll be using another football cliche.

Yes - but have been lacking that little bit of class and luck up front. As we have been more attack minded the defence looks a little bit more vulnerablre - but you cannot have it always.