Sign in to follow this  
Brightside

Hughton? We have a problem!

Let’s say that the board sack Hughton. Who would you want as a replacement and why could they do any better?

For me this is the massive problem that we are facing at the moment. We have 29 games to go and only 8 points. There’s no doubt that we need to start improving and getting the wins and draws we will need to gaurantee survival. Can Hughton do this? Probably not based on the first quarter of the season but then again who else is a) available quickly, b) would come to Norwich, and c) going to be able to guarantee survival?

The Hughton outers are all telling us why Hughton should go but I haven’t seen any discussion as to who should replace him? The Hughton inners are all saying our league position isn’t that bad and our performances are improving without really saying how we are going to survive in the Premiership without the points we need. 

Personally I would like to see Hughton stay as I believe his work in the transfer market has been good ( apart for our recent striker aquisitions) and I do believe that he adds value. However I would like to see someone like Darren Ferguson brought in to work alongside Hughton and being actively involved in team selection, tactics etc.

Darren Ferguson... really he didn''t do to well at Preston, I think CH is going in the right direction and although 8pts is not good at this stage of the season it is only one win away from mid table obscurity. If I was to change anything it would be to bring in Phelan who worked alongside Ferguson Snr and must surely be able to aid our recovery.

I''m still not sure about Calderwood and Trollope personally.

Someone posted the other day Bergkamp, assisatant manager with Ajax, not sure a Premiership club should be his first manager role bu heck could be as good as Laudrup!

just because we common folk discussing it on a forum don''t know who would be available as a potential new manager is no reason to carry on with someone who isn''t delivering, and on current and even long term form is going to get us relegated.

David McNally, not us, is employed to find and recruit the best available man for the job, it''s down to him to do just that.

We can summise all we like about who we''d want but none of us can really know what calibre of manager would put there name forward, there maybe people that we wouldn''t ever think would?, or maybe an unknown?, who''d have heard of Pochettino a year ago?

a Premiership job at a financially stable club is still an attractive one, and one which presumably still puts us in a position of even headhunting someone currently in employment too?

One thing I do believe however, is that the longer we leave it, the lower the calibre of candidates will be interested.

Agree with GJL, if the position becomes vacant it will be one of the top jobs in English football.

The board are desperate to make NCFC one of the top clubs. No longer are thoughts of ''little old Norwich''

entertained.

I still hope that Hughton will be a success but we can''t afford to procrastinate for too long.