Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

YOUR team for next week (and/or West ham)

Just wanted to suggest a line up I think will make the most of our new found attacking intent. I have little faith Hughton will ever start with this side unless injuries force him too but here is what I''d go with, even away at Man,C and definitely at home against West Ham:

Ruddy

Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Olsson

Tettey

Howson, Fer

Redmond, RVW, Pilkington.

We need pace, we need players who can carry the ball forward, hit decent shots from range, play through balls put decent crosses in the box quickly. This side, in my opinion is nearly as defensively solid as the one that lined up against Cardiff, but with the inclusion of Whittaker and Reds down the right we have players who won''t slow down the play unless instructed.

We aren''t Barcelona or Spain, we can''t pass the ball around at what ever speed for five minutes and expect to score. We need to be decisive going forward, Howson, Pilks, Redmond especially need freedom to burst forward. They are all brilliant at it, and between them have the ability to smash it in the back of the net or provide the perfect ball for RVW.

I''d probably just make the one change with RVW in for Hooper. I''d love to see Redmond start, but I''m not quite sure he protects his full back enough and it''s going to be a hard enough job without Kolarov and Silva teaming up on Russ. That said, I''d love to be proved wrong because he''s a great talent and we look more dangerous for him being on the pitch.

For me, at the moment is doesn''t matter. We aren''t going to stay up drawing 0-0 every game, and we''ve proven against Arsenal and Chelsea despot evident solid for 80 mins of the game and playing generally well we are still very very open to class teams counter attacks, obviously I would like to add.

We just need to score a couple goals, I''d rather we lose 4-3 in the next couple games than play well again and lose 4-1 or draw 0-0.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 28/10/2013 8:32 AM:

"For me, at the moment is doesn''t matter. We aren''t going to stay up drawing 0-0 every game..."

38 points, goal difference of 0. Would have been good enough last year.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Gingerpele wrote the following post at 28/10/2013 8:32 AM:

"For me, at the moment is doesn''t matter. We aren''t going to stay up drawing 0-0 every game..."

38 points, goal difference of 0. Would have been good enough last year.[/quote]
…..But unfortunately JG we are already a point less than games played. So that blows that out of the water. We need to figure out how to score and quick.

I am not too bothered about the lone striker, although RvW is clearly a better all-round striker. If he is not yet match fit, then persevere with Hooper, who is still making his adjustment to EPL football. Elmander, I suspect, will never be an effective striker at this level and CH seems to have given up on Becchio. We need a fully fit RvW as a main aim.

I feel the same about Pilks. Has he fully recovered from his series of injuries? How often does he pass the fullback on the outside, and pull the ball back from the by-line. He has been in position to score, and made some good attempts while playing in the centre, but we need a winger. I would like to see Josh Murphy given more opportunities, even if he doesn''t start.

We have made great progress, with the midfield three going from strength to strength, and we were clearly the better side on Saturday in everything but scoring. I think that CH now has to show some imagination and creativity, in training and selection, to improve our strike power.

Agree completley Salopian.

We''ve clearly improved the team/squad/style. We just need to inject some pace and decisiveness into our attacking play.

Pilks and Olsson need to be the vocal point I''d say. Snoddy and Martin are too slow. And indecisive.