Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Tettey Out

To be honest, what was Tettey doing that Johnson can''t?

Tettey has been playing very well, and it is a shame, but Johnson behind Howson and Fer would work the same. Tettey isn''t being creative or shooting from range. Those are Johnson''s shortcomings. He''s winning the ball, protecting the defence, covering, giving the ball to Howson and Fer. Johnson is good at doing that.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To be honest, what was Tettey doing that Johnson can''t?

Tettey has been playing very well, and it is a shame, but Johnson behind Howson and Fer would work the same. Tettey isn''t being creative or shooting from range. Those are Johnson''s shortcomings. He''s winning the ball, protecting the defence, covering, giving the ball to Howson and Fer. Johnson is good at doing that.[/quote]

Give it a rest GP. Tettey is a far better midfielder than Johnson. Your praise of BJ is some what delusional.

I think Tettey''s passing is a lot better than Johnson''s and he seems to get further up the pitchIf only he was as good at shooting from long range as he is on FIFA 14 (give it a try he''s crazily good)But yeah. At least we have a suitable replacement in Johnson

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To be honest, what was Tettey doing that Johnson can''t?

Tettey has been playing very well, and it is a shame, but Johnson behind Howson and Fer would work the same. Tettey isn''t being creative or shooting from range. Those are Johnson''s shortcomings. He''s winning the ball, protecting the defence, covering, giving the ball to Howson and Fer. Johnson is good at doing that.[/quote]

Johnson try''s to be something he''s not. Tettey knows the parameters of his ability and plays effectively within them. We''re a weaker side without tettey for sure.

I have to eat my words and admit that Tettey is better on the ball than Johnson. Hopefully if Saturday comes too soon then he''ll be ready for West Ham in a fortnight.

I assume this is due to the injury that caused Marshall to kick it out thus sparking off the Fer incident? Hopefully it''s not a reoccurrence of his previous injury.

A really big shame because tettey is infinetly better than Johnson in regards to passing and ball control. Maybe if we are really lucky it aint too bad and tettey will be back in no time.

This is not a big problem, we have a decent squad that includes an excellent replacement in Johnson.....not much between them from what I have seen, sure Tettey has the edge but Johnson doesnt let us down. 

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]To be honest, what was Tettey doing that Johnson can''t? Tettey has been playing very well, and it is a shame, but Johnson behind Howson and Fer would work the same. Tettey isn''t being creative or shooting from range. Those are Johnson''s shortcomings. He''s winning the ball, protecting the defence, covering, giving the ball to Howson and Fer. Johnson is good at doing that.[/quote] Give it a rest GP. Tettey is a far better midfielder than Johnson. Your praise of BJ is some what delusional.[/quote]

No its not, GP''s 100% right imo.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To be honest, what was Tettey doing that Johnson can''t? Tettey has been playing very well, and it is a shame, but Johnson behind Howson and Fer would work the same. Tettey isn''t being creative or shooting from range. Those are Johnson''s shortcomings. He''s winning the ball, protecting the defence, covering, giving the ball to Howson and Fer. Johnson is good at doing that.[/quote]

No he isn''t, he cant pass the ball

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]To be honest, what was Tettey doing that Johnson can''t?

Give it a rest GP. Tettey is a far better midfielder than Johnson. Your praise of BJ is some what delusional.[/quote]

You give it a rest. You thought Hoolahan was going to start and score against Cardiff... You are completley unwilling to acknowledge he isn''t half the player he was, you have never admitted he has any faults as far as I''ve seen.

I''m more than willing to admit Johnson''s fault. If anyone is delusional here it is clearly you. I''m quite happy with my opinion on Johnson. He isn''t a great passer, but neither is Tettey, he has a slightly better range. But it''s really not that better. A large percentage of Johnson''s misplaced passes are his over the top balls, which he shouldn''t be doing and that''s as much a managerial fault for not limiting him on that. Because he has played many games when he hasn''t tried to be ''creative'' like Tettey in the last three.

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To be honest, what was Tettey doing that Johnson can''t? Tettey has been playing very well, and it is a shame, but Johnson behind Howson and Fer would work the same. Tettey isn''t being creative or shooting from range. Those are Johnson''s shortcomings. He''s winning the ball, protecting the defence, covering, giving the ball to Howson and Fer. Johnson is good at doing that.[/quote]

No he isn''t, he cant pass the ball

[/quote]

For goodness sake. That''s pathetic, it really is.

I like Johnson, but he''s looked well off the pace when he''s played this season. We all know he can do it and hopefully he''ll now come back in and perform well, but imo Tettey had rightly ousted him from the first 11 on performances this season.

Tettey did beagle, and I am not denying that and I don''t think many are. And if Tettey is fit he should continue on the team.

What''s incredibly annoying is people like Lincoln who think I''m delusional for daring to mention Johnson has good points! and then other posters saying he can''t pass. He can pass. He does pass. It''s just pointless.

Well this is Johnson''s chance to reverse his poor early season form, cos at the moment Tettey is firmly in that shirt ahead of him.

Good competition between the two it should be all season tho

I''m afraid Johnson is simply not good enough for our side now. He may have similar technique and effort to Tettey, however he simply does not seem to have the brains at the moment. In his matches so far this season his decision making has been terrible. This was best exemplified in our match against Watford, we were crap whilst he was on giving the ball away frequently and completely losing his positioning on many occasions.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Tettey did beagle, and I am not denying that and I don''t think many are. And if Tettey is fit he should continue on the team. What''s incredibly annoying is people like Lincoln who think I''m delusional for daring to mention Johnson has good points! and then other posters saying he can''t pass. He can pass. He does pass. It''s just pointless.[/quote]

Agreed he does pass, just usually to the opposition