Sign in to follow this  
morty

This....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Which thread is this post by the Engineer on Ron ?[/quote]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3005095/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]

Decent post, however I think it lost some credibility over the possible replacements.

Thankfully McNally is in charge of that department!

I really am getting sick of the pretentious attitude of the Hughton in brigade thinking there''s is the only opinion that matters and those who disagree and want Hughton out are called morons!

We''ve won 6 in 30 odds games and are languishing in the relegation zone if you hadn''t noticed. Recent performances have improved but I now believed we have gelled and this is as good as its gonna get and its clearly not good enough. The most laughable fact is the happy clappers actually think there opinion is the right one and the Hughton outers are way off track.

Well, were in the bottom 3, can''t score and can''t score games. So who''s opinion is closer to the mark?

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I really am getting sick of the pretentious attitude of the Hughton in brigade thinking there''s is the only opinion that matters and those who disagree and want Hughton out are called morons!

We''ve won 6 in 30 odds games
and are languishing in the relegation zone if you hadn''t noticed. Recent performances have improved but I now believed we have gelled and this is as good as its gonna get and its clearly not good enough. The most laughable fact is the happy clappers actually think there opinion is the right one and the Hughton outers are way off track.

Well, were in the bottom 3, can''t score and can''t score games. So who''s opinion is closer to the mark?[/quote]But we''ve won 4 of our last 11! That''s a win percentage of 36%. Mid-table form I''d say![;)]

For now it''s all about holding our nerve and not making a panic fuelled decision, thankfully we don''t have any of these rabid people in charge. We have McNally and I trust him to make the right decisions. Do fans think they know better than him? or that perhaps he is an idiot? Should he be sacked as well? he appointed him, backed him and is supporting Hughton.
If you want Hughton out then you must also by extension want McNally out, which is frankly nonsense. So cut the crap, stop the hating and get behind the lads because they need our support more than ever.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I really am getting sick of the pretentious attitude of the Hughton in brigade thinking there''s is the only opinion that matters and those who disagree and want Hughton out are called morons!

and are languishing in the relegation zone if you hadn''t noticed. Recent performances have improved but I now believed we have gelled and this is as good as its gonna get and its clearly not good enough. The most laughable fact is the happy clappers actually think there opinion is the right one and the Hughton outers are way off track.

Well, were in the bottom 3, can''t score and can''t score games. So who''s opinion is closer to the mark?[/quote]But we''ve won 4 of our last 11! That''s a win percentage of 36%. Mid-table form I''d say![;)][/quote]Quoting facts to people is as pointless as trying to teach a pig to sing. Its a waste of your time and it just annoys the pig.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I really am getting sick of the pretentious attitude of the Hughton in brigade thinking there''s is the only opinion that matters and those who disagree and want Hughton out are called morons!

Well, were in the bottom 3, can''t score and can''t score games. So who''s opinion is closer to the mark?[/quote]But we''ve won 4 of our last 11! That''s a win percentage of 36%. Mid-table form I''d say![;)][/quote]
Exactly what I told the club in an email.
"You f***ing morons claiming it''s embarrassing being bottom 3.  Can''t you twunts see we''re really mid table. Yous dissing City is out of order. I expect you to resign immediately and be replaced with Wiz, myself, and A N Other who fancy doing our personal fagging''.
Best Wishes 
Schlong Connery

The problem with the op is that it degenerates into if you don''t agree you are pathetic. Ultimately assuming that his view is the only correct one.

Ginger makes the most reasonable suggestion that there is middle ground.

There are enough stats to support either argument, but none to prove whether anyone is right. That cannot happen until our league position is determined or the club parts company with Chris. Even then there would still be some unproven results. No one can say they are right or wrong.

From my own point of view I am definitely not a Hughton hater. I wanted him, and glad we got him. His tactics frustrated me a fair bit last season, but overall was pleased with him.

I was hoping that this season, with totally his team, I would see a little more free football and bit more adventurous decisions. My change in support for him is the lack of hope I have after Saturday that I will see the style of football that I want to watch rather than the results.

I may be in a minority group, but I''m a fan that wants to see a type of game where so long as my team have given everything and tried to win a game at almost any risk I don''t mind getting beat. He who dares wins. Even if it resulted in relegation, I hate how football has become so business result orientated that clubs cannot afford to risk the ups and downs of football life. Just my preference, I pay my thousands, just my opinion. I respect the opinion of others who want something different, it''s an opinion they are entitled to.

To insist someone else is wrong, I think is quite ignorant, after all our 20,000 plus season ticket holders are not always going to agree, especially if there is doubt about our fortunes. We are not all going to see it the same. So long as we are all genuine in our support for the club though, our opinions will amount to be what we believe to be the best for our club.

I am of the opinion right now that Chris is not the right man for my club. A recent swing which I am happy to be proved wrong. With all our "unwanted" managers I have always hoped that they would turn it round and be our most successful manager of all time. I think he is not right for us, but deep down would love to be proved wrong. If I was in Mcnally''s job, I would be looking for a possible replacement and prepared to make it soon, I believe he has probably done this and will be wondering when he needs to take action. I guess he''s hoping that it turns around too and he doesn''t ever need to do it, but where his breaking point is, I have no idea. If it is different to mine it won''t mean I don''t like McNally or want him out. I''d accept that it''s his responsibility to work with the board to decide this.

I would hope that there are no Hughton haters, I just don''t think he deserves any hatred, but I think it''s only fair there are people who desperately want him gone opposed to those who want him to stay.

He has to accept some responsibility for the fans division, as do all associated with the club, because if we were playing great football and were successful then we wouldn''t be having this debate. This is why I don''t believe he can be described as an excellent manager. We wouldn''t be in this situation if he was.

I certainly don''t bottle out, or wimp away, or stamp my feet. The club gets my support through thick and thin. Some of the op contains some very childlike mentalities itself.

I agree with you gut buddy. But it''s gonna be warfare. If you think the op is divisive just take a look at Huckerby''s boot matt''s post. My opinion is that we''re still improving so a new manager would be a bigger gamble. But I don''t mind if you don''t agree. I do mind if people make stuff up or twist facts to support arguments either way. Then I tend to get involved. But anyway.. it''s gonna get worse so see you in the trenches...

I agree nutty that we don''t have to agree. Even if we violently disagreed I think you''re the type of bloke that I wouldn''t mind sharing a trench with.

There are certainly people who I would agree with but wouldn''t trust them in my trench.

All for one and one for all. And a win four one not a one one

Real improvement in last four games. Going to CR most of last season and beginning of this was just depressing. Now attacking with intent. Both Howson and Fer breaking forward.Still work in progress. Started on Sat closing down strongly but less so as the game wore on. To often slow to break forward. But we are getting players in the box.  I think we are on the right road. Not the time to change managers in my view.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I really am getting sick of the pretentious attitude of the Hughton in brigade thinking there''s is the only opinion that matters and those who disagree and want Hughton out are called morons!

We''ve won 6 in 30 odds games and are languishing in the relegation zone if you hadn''t noticed. Recent performances have improved but I now believed we have gelled and this is as good as its gonna get and its clearly not good enough. The most laughable fact is the happy clappers actually think there opinion is the right one and the Hughton outers are way off track.

Well, were in the bottom 3, can''t score and can''t score games. So who''s opinion is closer to the mark?[/quote]

Hear hear but what difference does it make to the Monty lead happy clappy"s. Also if we get bloody relegated they wont put their hands up and say they were wrong oh NO!!! They''ll all swear blind they knew he wasn''t the man for the job!!! Also it should be noted monty and co were still behind glen rodent till the end so it shows how blind to football they actually are!!!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Whilst I acknowledge some of your "positives" I think like our tactics this is an oversimplification of the problem.

For me the biggest positive is that we have probably the best squad we have ever had in our history and I wold not doubt the commitment in any game this is a massive plus.

But this is also a negative, if we cannot create clear cut goal scoring chances given our riches of talent there is something wrong. To paint 2013 as positive in any way considering our points haul only points to desperation and thankfully a number of teams that were even poorer than us allowing us to avoid being relegated.

If a team has 31 shots in a game and does not score a goal can you honestly see this as positive ? This means either wrong players or wrong position to take on a shot.

Against Chelsea we played well and I have to put my hands up and say I could not fault the manager or players for anything in this game I think Chelsea just wore us down and in the final period of the game they had the quality against tired legs.

Bringing Hoolahan on for Tettey at Arsenal ranks as one of the most unfathomable substitutions I have ever seen from a Norwich Manager and to say I wasn''t surprised at the outcome would be an understatement.

The problem is everybody seems to look at things in black or white. Tactics are not as simple as too defensive or too attacking.

Tactics need to evolve and there need to be certain tactics employed for certain games, people suggesting that the reason Tettey wasn''t taken off to accommodate an extra striker on Saturday was due to what happened at Arsenal. Not sure I could think of a more damning statement of our managers tactical limitations if that were in fact the case.

We have one plan and one plan only and the only variation is in terms of personnel.

4-5-1

Not only that but we have a midfield who seem to find it almost impossible to get whichever striker is on the pitch the ball. So 9 games into this season is there any sign that lessons are learned.

Pilkington , Howson and Redmond seem happy to shoot from anywhere on any occasion , still at least this adds to the concept that we had a shot.

Saturday was the first time we got any crosses in early and for once a striker got the ball in a dangerous area.

I think everybody would like Hughton to succeed he seems like a lovely guy but Norwich need a manager that can make a team perform to more than the sum of its parts not less.

We have some very versatile players in the squad that should allow us to tinker with the formation during a game but it never happens.

I''m happy to go along with the don''t expect anything away/top 6 but when we can''t beat Hull with 10 men or Cardiff at home where exactly do people expect our points to come from ?

4-5-1 is of course a no brainer when it comes to formation away from home or indeed I have no problem with starting all games with this formation but if its not working something has to change but never does.

I said we should change our manager if we didn''t achieve 10 points from the first 10 games if we were to get anything at all from next weekend I might be willing to look at needing to get 15 from 15 as a minimum but you must understand a point per game is still relegation form and we have shown nothing more this year.

I cannot imagine any other manager has ever had stats of 6 wins in 36 games with 27 points and still been in a job.[/quote]

Superb post.

"We had 31 shots. More than anyone else in the PL. And we didn''t score. That''s stupid. Some of it was plain bad luck sure, but some of it was down to slow build up and inevitable blocked/easy save/impossible chances because Cardiff had so much time to organise their defence"

Agreed. This is what we need to work on IMO - the pace of the attack. At the moment we are so slow that the defence can organize and crowd us out of a clear shooting or heading chance. My proposed solution is to drop Snodgrass for Redmond, but it would also be churlish not to recognize that our performances have not improved recently.

I meant to say ...but it would also be churlish not to recognize that our performances have improved recently :-)