Sign in to follow this  
rob kav18

Eadie Or Huckerby

While out last night me and some mates got stuck on this topic so i thought i would ask you lot, who do you think the better player was/is Eadie (while he was at norwich) or Hucks?

Discuss!!! 

Eadie. But we could have played them both together, then we would have had some pace on the counter attack!

Eadie

Huckerby is too much like a little dog chasing a ball on his nose across the beach.

Good at getting penalties, but very overrated otherwise.

Me and a couple of mates had the pleasure of playing in a charity match a few weeks ago at Carrow Road, with Eadie playing for us and Dale Gordon for the opposition.

Eadie is a top bloke and v.v. skillfull.  Twice he hit the woodwork from his own half!!

Having said that, without Hucks last season we would not be in the Prem now.

10 out of 10 for both.

Defibately hucks. Was he being called over rated last yr when he more a less single handidly got us promoted??!!

Eadie was good but was far too injury prone,his early retirement proves my point!

I dont think we can compare the two to be honest! Hucks is a legend!

this answer only need be one word:

Huckerby!!!

Ha Ha haaa! Single handedly! on his own!

Without the other 10 men!!

Nonsense. Eadie played in an AWFUL team, scored goals, made goals, and even tracked back!!!

On achievement I have to agree its Hux and Eadie has to go down as the player with most ability I have seen at the club who never quite fulfilled his potential

OTBC 

Agreed, Eadie is a great player and one of our top players but Huckerby was the driving force in our getting here, and could well be a driving force in our staying here.

forgetting injuries probably Eadie, him and Bellamy could well have got us promoted.

Eadie would have played for England if not for his poorly leg

Eadie for me.

Better goal scorer, quicker and as others have said, played in a poorer team, yet still shined.

It was a real shame that injury cut short his career. Great bloke too.

This is a case of people always remembering the past and picking out the good bits.

Eadie was not even close to Huckerby... not even in the same league.

Please don''t get me wrong, Eadie was a great player for Norwich but there is no way he had the impact that Hucks had. To those of you who say "he was in a far worse side" I would argue that for Hucks to stand out as so much better than the rest of our team (which was better than the team Eadie was in) speaks volumes for the bloke. Eadie didn''t stand out as being THAT much better than everyone else in the team he was in - not to the same degree Hucks did/does.

Hucks - absolute legend. Eadie as well though...

Without a doubt Hucks.  Eadie was a talented player but he didn''t have the ability to single handedly win a game.  Not many players do, but Hucks can.  Not to mention how injury prone Eadie was

[quote]This is a case of people always remembering the past and picking out the good bits. Eadie was not even close to Huckerby... not even in the same league. Please don''t get me wrong, Eadie was a great...[/quote]

I agree Worthy, I think people may be letting nostalgia get in the way of judgement.  Eadie was a great player for us and could have been so much more if not for injuries but he made an impact such as Hux did last year.

A question. Does anyone truly believe if you swapped Eadie (at his best and fully fit) for Hux last season we would have climbed the table as we did and won the league?  

Me thinks Darren . No, seriousluy I have to say Hucks he played such a pivotal part in our our promotion campaign. Eadie is cult hero as well but Hucks for me.