Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

Fer's Porky Pies!!!

On Monday Night Club they have interviewed a guy from Holland who has disproved Fer''s statement that he would have done the same thing back in Holland and got away with hit. He thinks Fer was just trying to find a way out of what he did..... Mildly amusing

If he had wanted to get out of it he could have easily told the MOTD reporter that he didn''t mean to do it, but he didn''t.

He doesn''t appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed in regards to what he says (or doesn''t say) in interviews. It''s just like the one earlier in the season (can''t remember which game) where he pretty much admitted that he dived.I''m not quite sure if I find it refreshing, or stupid. Either way, he needs to learn how to be a little less liberal with the truth.

Yep, spoke to dutch mate, who played in holland semi pro and can confirm that it would have been expected in holland to give the ball back to the team that played it out.

It''s probably already been discussed, but I can''t be bothered to look.

The whole putting the ball out and giving it back thing''s a nonsense anyway. And when people applaud the giving it back, like it''s the greatest sporting gesture ever, it''s even more annoying.

In this case, it was Marshall throwing it out because Tettey was injured, but I bet he wouldn''t have done it had Cardiff been 1-0 down at the time.

Change the rules so that physios are allowed on the pitch to treat an injury when the game is in progress. Then, it should only be the ref who decides to stop the game if decided that the injury is really bad and/or causing too much interference. So yeah, like rugby.

[quote user="Wolfies Winkle Van"]It''s probably already been discussed, but I can''t be bothered to look.

The whole putting the ball out and giving it back thing''s a nonsense anyway. And when people applaud the giving it back, like it''s the greatest sporting gesture ever, it''s even more annoying.

In this case, it was Marshall throwing it out because Tettey was injured, but I bet he wouldn''t have done it had Cardiff been 1-0 down at the time.

Change the rules so that physios are allowed on the pitch to treat an injury when the game is in progress. Then, it should only be the ref who decides to stop the game if decided that the injury is really bad and/or causing too much interference. So yeah, like rugby.[/quote]I agree with everything you say here mate, however the point I come back to is; how would you feel if we lost a game in that manner?I''d be less than impressed.

I Think the goal should have stood !! What happened after would be left too Chris Hughton and Norwich City.If England had done it to beat Germany in the WC Final would fans be bothered ??

[quote user="stoke canary"]I Think the goal should have stood !! What happened after would be left too Chris Hughton and Norwich City.If England had done it to beat Germany in the WC Final would fans be bothered ??[/quote]If Germany had done that it to beat England in the WC final would the fans be bothered?

Not sure he lied, he said he''d do it again if it meant we won the game!

Good point from Owen on MOTD though, why should we have to throw the ball back - wasn''t it our player that got injured and therefor we lost the advantage?