Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Mike Jones demoted due to not allowing Fer's goal

The man stuck to the spirit of the game but not the letter. If this development is true, then it will encourage players to act in an unsportsmanlike way, receive a yellow for the team and take home the 3 points, thank you very much.

I think they''ve got the demotion wrong. But if that''s how it is... 

can we have our goal back please?

My thoughts are that the decision he made saved a lot of hoo-haa and that had the goal stood it wouldn''t have reflected well on the club despite the fact that Marshall only threw the ball out to further waste time (he''d been doing his best to waste it since the first half).

However, bottom line is that it isn''t up to him to re-write the rules, just to uphold them. In that respect I feel his demotion is fair enough.

Personally I think the right call was madeImagine if we had been given the goal..... Hughton had then allowed the players to let Cardiff scoreLeroy would have been made to look a complete fool and people would be claiming Hughton lost us 2 points.

I think the whole scenario is farcical.

Fer, like it or not, didn''t break any rules yet everyone - from our bench to theirs, has said that it isn''t in the spirit of the game, we''d have allowed an equaliser etc.

If Fer had taken a dive in the box and the resultant penalty had been smashed into the top corner by RVW or whoever, Fer would have CHEATED, the goal would have stood and NO WAY would anyone have been offering to let them trot up the other end to equalise. Our fans wouldn''t have been upset by him taking a tumble either and what could be less in the spirit of the game than cheating?

It isn''t the ref''s place to re-write the rules, the goal should have stood. We''d have been lambasted for it but...that''s our problem, not the refs.

I don''t suppose his standing around watching whilst 18 players were having a set to helped.   Is it now referring policy to allow a melee to sort itself out rather than controlling and disciplining players?

Spineless and pathetic

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

I think the whole scenario is farcical.

Fer, like it or not, didn''t break any rules yet everyone - from our bench to theirs, has said that it isn''t in the spirit of the game, we''d have allowed an equaliser etc.

If Fer had taken a dive in the box and the resultant penalty had been smashed into the top corner by RVW or whoever, Fer would have CHEATED, the goal would have stood and NO WAY would anyone have been offering to let them trot up the other end to equalise. Our fans wouldn''t have been upset by him taking a tumble either and what could be less in the spirit of the game than cheating?

It isn''t the ref''s place to re-write the rules, the goal should have stood. We''d have been lambasted for it but...that''s our problem, not the refs.

[/quote]    [Y]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Personally I think the right call was madeImagine if we had been given the goal..... Hughton had then allowed the players to let Cardiff scoreLeroy would have been made to look a complete fool and people would be claiming Hughton lost us 2 points.[/quote]

....however if that had happened I wonder how Mcnally would have reacted....would he have fired Hughton for handing two points to Cardiff at home in front of his face?

It''s the signal to RVW that i have issue with, why did he tell him to take the throw if it wasn''t ready to be taken?     

I agree, this didn''t seem to get much attention from MOTD or Sky

Can I sit on the fence on this one? Keep changing my mind, BUT....technically the goal should have stood, simple as that........taht''s right isnt it?

Correct Mark.

Not just technically, it should have stood full stop, no matter the rights or wrongs of it morally.

Jones has opened up a can of worms and the consequences will be felt for far longer than we would have felt if it had stood!

Interesting times are ahead!