Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Hughton In/Out count

[quote user="Yellow and Green"]People have to remember half of our first 10 games have been against top 6 teams (Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Tottenham, Everton). Other games, such as Saints and Villa were not easy either.

Yes, some performances have been dire, but there has been a steady improvement (gelling - if you will) in performances. You can see how much it means to the players and I believe they are fully behind Hughton.

If we hire a new manager it will be a massive risk. Do we not learn from history? Season after season, we see teams sack their manager and watch them get relegated.

I love it when other teams around us sack a manager early. It generally means that they will finish below us. Wolves, Reading, QPR to name a few. Southampton are one of a few to really benefit from doing so.

I''ll give him two more home games (Hammers and Palace) and if we don''t have at least 4 points, then he must go - I don''t think he could argue with that.[/quote]If he doesn''t achieve that point haul, I completely agree.

In.

Old Bor said after the Chelsea disappointment that we needed 7 points from Crystal Palace, West Ham and Cardiff.  We have 1 from 1 so we need to win our next 2 home games.  Win them and we''re alright.  Win one and we''re wobbling, win none and it''s time for the old heave-ho.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

In.

Old Bor said after the Chelsea disappointment that we needed 7 points from Crystal Palace, West Ham and Cardiff.  We have 1 from 1 so we need to win our next 2 home games.  Win them and we''re alright.  Win one and we''re wobbling, win none and it''s time for the old heave-ho.

[/quote]

So you reckon we need 2.33333333333333333333 points from each of those three games then Bor ? My sums make it we are already 1.33333333333333333 behind schedule.

If we get 3 points or less out of man city, west ham, newcastle and palace then he has to go, need at least 2 wins out of next 4

RvW''s 4 year contract wrote the following post at 27/10/2013 5:19 PM:

If we dont win our next two home games he HAS to go.

It''s pretty simple. He''s a nice guy (met him at the supporters forum last season) but frankly, our form has simply not been up to scratch.

Not quite right ........ our form has been up to scratch ........... but our results haven''t........ and it''s a results business.

If we get results in the next few matches ... in.

If not .... out.

Time is running out.

As a waverer, I have a genuine question for the outers (and the inners if they like). Based on other threads (particularly Jim Smith''s) I think there is a consensus (even among Hughton supporters) that his main weakness is tactical. He either doesn''t read the game as well as other managers (possibly as well as Mackay yesterday) or he is too cautious to make changes that might have occured to him.So are there some potential NCFC managers out there (realistic targets as opposed to hoping to prise Mourinho away from Chelski) who are very tactically astute? Who could take our (for us) expensive squad as it is (plus a bit of business in January) and significantly improve its performances?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

In.

[/quote]

So you reckon we need 2.33333333333333333333 points from each of those three games then Bor ? My sums make it we are already 1.33333333333333333 behind schedule.

[/quote]

No, Plod, that in''t what I said.

I reckon we need 7 points from them three games, now you might be bright enough to reckon that''s two wins and one draw.  We got the draw so now we need them two wins.  If we don''t get them then Bor''s adding his name to the Houghton Oughters.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

As a waverer, I have a genuine question for the outers (and the inners if they like). Based on other threads (particularly Jim Smith''s) I think there is a consensus (even among Hughton supporters) that his main weakness is tactical. He either doesn''t read the game as well as other managers (possibly as well as Mackay yesterday) or he is too cautious to make changes that might have occured to him.So are there some potential NCFC managers out there (realistic targets as opposed to hoping to prise Mourinho away from Chelski) who are very tactically astute? Who could take our (for us) expensive squad as it is (plus a bit of business in January) and significantly improve its performances?

[/quote]Stephen Pressley for me, Purple.I''ve been to some Coventry "home" games this season and the football he has them playing is great to see.Granted they''re a young squad but they play as a team, they press teams all over from start to finish and more than that he has instilled a winning mentality into his players.Let''s not forget that he''s had to fight on with the off the field b.s as well.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow and Green"]People have to remember half of our first 10 games have been against top 6 teams (Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Tottenham, Everton). Other games, such as Saints and Villa were not easy either.

Yes, some performances have been dire, but there has been a steady improvement (gelling - if you will) in performances. You can see how much it means to the players and I believe they are fully behind Hughton.

If we hire a new manager it will be a massive risk. Do we not learn from history? Season after season, we see teams sack their manager and watch them get relegated.

I love it when other teams around us sack a manager early. It generally means that they will finish below us. Wolves, Reading, QPR to name a few. Southampton are one of a few to really benefit from doing so.

I''ll give him two more home games (Hammers and Palace) and if we don''t have at least 4 points, then he must go - I don''t think he could argue with that.[/quote]If he doesn''t achieve that point haul, I completely agree.[/quote]
IN.
But I think yellow and green sums it up well. Anything less than 4 points from the next 4 games and I will be starting to wobble. But I am keeping the faith and believe that we will achieve and probably exceed that haul.
I was not a Hughton advocate last season but that was down to some of the turgid dross that was being served up. I think there is a marked improvement this season. Stats like 63% and 61% possession were the things of dreams for both the past two seasons. We have been seriously unlucky in two home games - Villa and Cardiff and could have been 6 points better off and this debate would then be non existent. At the moment I see Hughton as an unlucky manager not a bad manager. Crucially there is no indication that he has lost the dressing room.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]Stephen Pressley for me, Purple.I''ve been to some Coventry "home" games this season and the football he has them playing is great to see.Granted they''re a young squad but they play as a team, they press teams all over from start to finish and more than that he has instilled a winning mentality into his players.Let''s not forget that he''s had to fight on with the off the field b.s as well.

[/quote]

Interesting. Thanks.

I don''t believe there is a single NCFC fan who doesn''t want Chris Hughton to succeed. Though we''re all rooting for him, and the team, the results are just not going our way. If things continue as they are, relegation will be almost certain.

Something needs to change, and for me it''s the coaching and direction of the team, as at the moment the whole is LESS than the sum of its parts.

OUT.

The Hughton haters always argue from the basis of denying our successes last season. To them the unbeaten run (the best in the whole of Europe at that time) was to them a mere blip. The wins at the end of the season and the opposition were on the beach.

They simply bury their heads in the sand when it comes to the good parts - the parts that saw us finish higher than the previous manager ever acheived.

Last season the criticism was that the football was dire and turgid, even though we were going about picking up a point here and a point there, enough to ensure we were realistically never really in trouble.

This season the side has had a mixed start, some good some not so good. We can put this inconsistency down to the side needing to gel, to find the how to operate as a team.

Since Stoke we have not had a bad performance. The Hughton haters have got the attacking football they so craved. On Saturday we were the most attack minded side in the League. Last season the haters wanted Hughton to go for broke when we were a goal behind and entering the final period of the game.

Well Hughton gave them that against Arsenal and Chelsea, and we can see the damage it did to our goal difference.

So we have greatly improved performances, we have dominated possession in some games, we have matched Aresenal and Chelsea for greater parts of those games, we are creating plenty of scoring chances that we didn''t used to do and yet the Hughton hating morons still live in denial.

The point is this. If you don''t acknowledge our improvements and continue personal attacks on the manager, it will begin to filter through to the players during games. They will react to the negativity by becoming frustrated and performances will decline.

Then we will really be in trouble. The haters demands will become reality and an excellent manager will lose his job because of the poison spread by so called fans.

What is ironic, is that many of those calling for Hughton to be sacked are 1p5wich fans who have infiltrated this message board. Pete has flushed a few out and I notice that no longer get to spread their lies.

Your in and out votes are in fact a reflection more on you than on Hughton. You vote out and you go join the bottlers. You have no spine. When the going gets tough you wimp out. You''re like little children stamping you feet because you don''t get what you want. The truth is that you don''t really deserve what you already have because you only show your support when the going is easy. You only sing when you''re winning.

You''re not plastic fans, you''re pathetic fans. And they''''ll be laughing at you down at portman road if you ever manage to get Hughton sacked.