Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Hughton In/Out count

[quote user="JF"]''Take out that winning run we had''

Oh you mean the blip in our form under Hughton? Those stats are the facts our form since last December is relegation.[/quote]Lol, whatever suits your agenda[Y]

I don''t think it''s really an agenda Morty, it''s just a fact.

Michael Bailey Tweeted earlier:

@michaeljbailey: Whatever your views on the manager, the fact is Norwich City have been in relegation form since last December. #ncfc

I''m pretty sure that he doesn''t have an agenda. He usually calls it pretty fairly in my opinion.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I don''t think it''s really an agenda Morty, it''s just a fact.

Michael Bailey Tweeted earlier:

@michaeljbailey: Whatever your views on the manager, the fact is Norwich City have been in relegation form since last December. #ncfc

I''m pretty sure that he doesn''t have an agenda. He usually calls it pretty fairly in my opinion.[/quote]So we won lots of points during part of the season (but we''ll ignore those) then we didn''t win many points, but didn''t get relegated.Surely, by definition, relegation form has to be contained within the same season?Last tine I looked we didn''t get relegated, and one win this season will see us comfortably in mid table. I do not deny the stats, or pretend everything is rosy, but people are frankly panicing way too soon.I am seeing decent performances without getting the rub of the green, I am seeing players who look like they want to play for the manager.Have a think back towards the end of the Worthington era, frankly there are no real (on the pitch) comparisons for me.

We are taking it back to December because that is when it started to go wrong, you could say when the rot started to set in, that is when a manager has to show his tactical nous to change it about and stop that rot. He failed to find any solutions last season and spent the summer bringing in a higher calibre of player. He still doesn''t have a solution to the same problems. That 30 game streak has returned just 27 points, a PL season is 38 games. I fail to see how this can be ignored and I highly doubt it has gone unnoticed by the board.

I think the 30 games going back to the start of the year is a fair period to asses our form current form don''t you? It''s too long if anything. The 10 game run is long gone and we haven''t looked likely to repeat it.

People are panicking because that poor run of results since Christmas hasn''t improved, despite improved performances, but we''re still not creating enough clear goal scoring opportunities. 31 shots or whatever it was yesterday, but most were from distance and didn''t test the keeper.

I personally don''t want Hughton gone yet, it feels like we''re almost on the verge of clicking, but almost doesn''t pay the bills and I can see why some have run out of patience. If we take less than 5/6 points from the next 4 games then it''s time to reassess.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I think the 30 games going back to the start of the year is a fair period to asses our form current form don''t you? It''s too long if anything. The 10 game run is long gone and we haven''t looked likely to repeat it.

People are panicking because that poor run of results since Christmas hasn''t improved, despite improved performances, but we''re still not creating enough clear goal scoring opportunities. 31 shots or whatever it was yesterday, but most were from distance and didn''t test the keeper.

I personally don''t want Hughton gone yet, it feels like we''re almost on the verge of clicking, but almost doesn''t pay the bills and I can see why some have run out of patience. If we take less than 5/6 points from the next 4 games then it''s time to reassess.[/quote]I disagree that we should be stringing a set of results from last season along with some this season, considering there are different players in the team, but I guess people will still cling onto the concept as it suits the point they are trying to make.What happened to most sensible peoples opinion of the team being work in progress, and the fact they would give the manager 10 games to get it ticking? Have they lost their bottle?I agree things have to improve, and quick. But is sacking the manager the answer? I''m not so sure it is, right now anyway.

Oh and I know we have played 9 games, but the panic button was pushed long before yesterday for a lot of people.

What actually sickens me is that some people are more interested in being proved right and being able to say "I told you so" than supporting their team and wanting the best for them.

The reason last seasons results are still relevant to many is because we still have many of the same failings, despite hugely improving the squad.

10 games seemed a fair barometer to gauge whether he''d improved things from the 2nd half of last season, but I guess most people are writing game number 10 off. On the other hand, as I said earlier I''ve seen enough in the past few games for me to think it''s right to give him a few more games.

There does have to come a point though....

Very, very few people want that, most want Hughton to turn it around, surely that is the best outcome for everyone? But the time has come to accept that is looking highly unlikely to happen, do you really believe he will turn it around?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]The reason last seasons results are still relevant to many is because we still have many of the same failings, despite hugely improving the squad.

10 games seemed a fair barometer to gauge whether he''d improved things from the 2nd half of last season, but I guess most people are writing game number 10 off. On the other hand, as I said earlier I''ve seen enough in the past few games for me to think it''s right to give him a few more games.

There does have to come a point though....[/quote]Completely agree with the last few points, its a results based business and if he doesn''t get them it will only end one way.

[quote user="morty"]What actually sickens me is that some people are more interested in being proved right and being able to say "I told you so" than supporting their team and wanting the best for them.[/quote]
But that''s what we all want whether it''s an in or out.
For me, it''s about the efficiency of the team and individuals.  And purely my opinion.  Hughton doesn''t get the most out of the team most of the time.  

We didn''t get relegated, FACT.  Putting to one side the calendar year / season debate for now.  There is no way of getting away from the fact that the good run lasted for 10 games and the poor run has lasted for 30 games.

That''s 3 times as long and must surely be of concern to all fans? 

30 games is a very significant amount, we aren''t just talking about 5 or 6.  A 30 game run with only 6 wins would be described by any impartial observer as a rut.  I can''t see how it can be described as anything but?

The other thing that must be of concern is the lack of goals.  Goals win games and despite our attacking endeavour at times this season we still struggle to score.

6 wins in 30 games is a win ratio of only 20% and I am really struggling to think of any managers who have kept their jobs with win ratios like that?

[:^)]

---JF: Very, very few people want that, most want Hughton to turn it around, surely that is the best outcome for everyone? But the time has come to accept that is looking highly unlikely to happen, do you really believe he will turn it around?

He won''t have a better chance than the next few fixtures (post-man city). In the last four or five games we have shown signs of clicking as a unit, and our overall play is much better than last season.

The worry will be that we fail to pick up the points and get stuck in a negative rut like last season. In which case serious questions will be asked of the management.

We now have a squad of players who should be better positioned in the points table than they are now .... evident even at this early stage.

Is this is due to bad luck? A little bit but not overly so. Hooper''s re-season injury upset the applecart somewhat as it added to RVW''s pressure. Villa were lucky, Hull not.

Is this due to bad tactics? A little bit on occasions.

Moreso, Hughton just can''t seem to get it quite right on too many occasions. There''s a positivety, a passion and a purpose all

missing to a certain extent but it''s hard to pinpoint exactly what the missing link is.

CH (and team) haven''t exactly fitted NCFC like a glove since they arrived and for various reasons. The next few weeks will see whether they finally moulds into the job or have to go.

[quote user="morty"] Yes we could have brought Redmond on a lot sooner, but Redmond and Olsen down the same side? Defensive suicide., and a very real risk of losing the game.

[/quote]

The way Cardiff set about the game from the off coupled with the defensive substitutions Malky made at half time you believe Redmond and Olsen would have been defensive suicide ? Really ? [:O]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"] Yes we could have brought Redmond on a lot sooner, but Redmond and Olsen down the same side? Defensive suicide., and a very real risk of losing the game.[/quote]

The way Cardiff set about the game from the off coupled with the defensive substitutions Malky made at half time you believe Redmond and Olsen would have been defensive suicide ? Really ? [:O]

[/quote]Yes. A lot of Cardiffs attacks came down that flank. I think bringing on Redmond too early could have risked them exploiting us further in that position.

People have to remember half of our first 10 games have been against top 6 teams (Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Tottenham, Everton). Other games, such as Saints and Villa were not easy either.

Yes, some performances have been dire, but there has been a steady improvement (gelling - if you will) in performances. You can see how much it means to the players and I believe they are fully behind Hughton.

If we hire a new manager it will be a massive risk. Do we not learn from history? Season after season, we see teams sack their manager and watch them get relegated.

I love it when other teams around us sack a manager early. It generally means that they will finish below us. Wolves, Reading, QPR to name a few. Southampton are one of a few to really benefit from doing so.

I''ll give him two more home games (Hammers and Palace) and if we don''t have at least 4 points, then he must go - I don''t think he could argue with that.