Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

I now think that Hughton has to go....

I think we should send Elmander back to Turkey ....I know he had ZERO support; but seriously; what does he add to the squad?

I miss Grant soooooo much....

What worries me most is the fact our players have no idea what to do with the ball in the final third. I love hoolahoop but he was useless tonight. We needed another striker on and Hooper needs the game time to get some confidence.

Yes if we had won on Saturday tonights result wouldn''t have bothered us, but we didn''t so it does. We need a change in game plan. We are not direct enough and our choice of passing decisions and final ball at times make me wonder what on earth our tactics actually are!

Last season Hughton kept us in the Premiership, so I thought he had earned the chance to have another go in the ''13-''14 season.

But we''ve been pants ever since pre-season. New faces, but no improvement.

If we don''t go down with Hughton at the helm, it will be pure fluke.

[quote user="The New Boy"]
Neil Warnock anybody? Wasn''t given a fair crack at QPR, for he didn''t get any money to spend, and has always wanted to manage us. If we went down we know he''d have a good crack at getting us back too. 
[/quote]lol you were making so much sense until this bit

I agree completely... I never liked him when he got the job as way too defensive and we certainly do not have the defense to play with most teams in the premiership.. time he received his P45...

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="The New Boy"]
Neil Warnock anybody? Wasn''t given a fair crack at QPR, for he didn''t get any money to spend, and has always wanted to manage us. If we went down we know he''d have a good crack at getting us back too. 
[/quote]lol you were making so much sense until this bit[/quote]Well that is the only problem isn''t it.
Most people would be more willing to take a Hughton out stance if there was an obvious ready made candidate. There isn''t.
Big question marks over Di Matteo and Martin O''Neill.

Nothing will happen until after the Palace game. If we are still in the bottom 3 he will go. If not, he won''t.But I could be wrong.

[quote user="The New Boy"]Well that is the only problem isn''t it.
Most people would be more willing to take a Hughton out stance if there was an obvious ready made candidate. There isn''t.
Big question marks over Di Matteo and Martin O''Neill.
[/quote]Yep, its the reason I don''t think we should get rid of Hughton. Do I think he''s a good manager? Not really, large parts of his reign have been utterly dreadful.However I''m also not sure the board would go out and get us a quality manager from the continent instead of just appointing someone from the same old tired list of washed up British managers. Given the choice between Hughton and some of the managers most often touted as replacements on this forum, I''d stick with Hughton.

I''m starting to wonder if CH knows there isn''t really anyone fantastic to replace him and therefore isn''t that bothered. Maybe he is just collecting his money until he is driven out. Either way he doesn''t seem to care. Everyone needs an incentive, so I wonder does he feel pressure? with only MON and Di Matteo mentioned it''d hardly scare you in his position would it...

The WHO?-TON way of football "oooh were losing 2-0 arghhh best not go for it we may lose by more" he''s a t1t grade A spineless gutless manager. I despise him now and I''m starting to get the inner feelings of the Rodent era now!

Gutless manager.....lost the dressing room?

Listen to yourselves. Have you seen the last four games? Hoots has more balls than any of you and from he Cardiff performance alone he certainly hasn''t lost the dressing room.

Couldnt see the game tonight, but listening to SSN feed Cottee reckons we controlled long spells of the game. The snodgrass injury defo affected the game in his opinion. I know who''s judgement I would go with.

I ain''t burying my head in the sand over hoots, I know hes not the best coach out there but the team are pulling for him im sure, in fact i would go as far as saying someone is in for a battering soon.

Get behind him because in the short term hes all weve got.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Gutless manager.....lost the dressing room?

Listen to yourselves. Have you seen the last four games? Hoots has more balls than any of you and from he Cardiff performance alone he certainly hasn''t lost the dressing room.

Couldnt see the game tonight, but listening to SSN feed Cottee reckons we controlled long spells of the game. The snodgrass injury defo affected the game in his opinion. I know who''s judgement I would go with.

I ain''t burying my head in the sand over hoots, I know hes not the best coach out there but the team are pulling for him im sure, in fact i would go as far as saying someone is in for a battering soon.

Get behind him because in the short term hes all weve got.[/quote]
Tony Cottee must have lost the plot then.
You haven''t seen the game, and are relying on Sky Sports News, and you come on here and try to preach to people that have just watched every minute of the worst Norwich performance in well over a year, some of whom have paid £64 for a ticket, and you are going to criticise their opinion because some bloke who has sweet FA to do with the club (apart from a miserable few games a decade ago) is getting paid to talk a load of crap for Rupert Murdoch.
Your opinion is completely worthless, think about what you have just said. People have eyes, saw it with their own eyes, they can form their own opinion and you are borrowing somebody elses.
We didn''t control a single minute of the game, we were absolutely terrible - awful, the worst I''ve seen since Fulham 5-0, even worse than the Luton defeat. If Cottee says otherwise then he needs a new career.

Even though I wasn''t the biggest fan of the football under Lambert, I think Hughton changed things too much when he came in. A lot of managers have said that it''s a mistake to change the style too radically and we changed twice, trying to leap two steps forward after going a step back.Saying this, any new appointment would have their work cut out so I''d give the incumbent a few more games at the very least.

TIME for him to go. hoots said we can never play with 2 strikers so why did he play 2 up front when we was3-0 down ? + why bring on hooper when he could have got injured ,would have been better to bring on becchio as he never plays otbc

Well now, I reckon we''ve found our new manager right here.

we should play 2 strikes at home + 1 holding m/f +3 sitting behind the 2strikers &away play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs who can cross the ball to feed the 2 strikers . i want hoots job now otbc

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Gutless manager.....lost the dressing room?

Get behind him because in the short term hes all weve got.[/quote]

They''re arriving where''s tinted specs Monty, ldc, nutty and co let''s have the yellow bus full!!

Tactical and motivational weaknesses of the management team exposed once again. As I''ve said before I suspect they will limp on until the November break, it''s just a pity change wasn''t made in the Summer.

I went tonight £64 for ticket and parking ... I feel a mug for going ... We did ok first half but when we went 2-0 down hughton did nothing .. No change up no second striker play it long try something else ffs.We just settled for defeat conceded another couple of soft goals and lied down. I don''t care that we lost and know injuries did not help but we didn''t even try to unsettle a 2nd string poor united team tonight. That just took the p*ss out of us supporters . Beccio must be thinking what do I have to do. We not scoring give him a chance !!! Hughton never has a plan b. I think time is nearly up!!!!

I will now concede to thinking a change needs to happen.

however, I can not think of one manager within the British leagues who could be a replacement, and I don''t know of any European managers who I think would even consider the job.

Lennon keeps popping up, but when we were after hooper he said something about why would he leave celtic (champions league) for us. and I''m not sure I''d want him.

best to tough it out now, there has been signs of improvement IMO, but tonight was a step backwards, maybe it was just a curse of the cup.