Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

I now think that Hughton has to go....

Sorry but I''m not staunchly anti-Hughton, but this display was pathetic.
Yes it makes sense to rest people, and to give some of the Watford team a chance to impress.
But none of those players, most of whom are on the fringes of the first XI, in the first XI, or regularly on the bench, looked at any stage to have any belief in themselves or any belief that they could score a goal or avoid defeat. 
Those are players that have replaced people who lined up against a full strength United side at Old Trafford the season before last and lost 2-0 but deserved something from the game.
I wouldn''t have cared if we''d lost 4-0 today if we''d given a decent account of ourselves, played with a bit of heart, and contributed in any way shape or form to a game which has turned out to look like a behind doors friendly for United''s under 21 squad - none of who have had to break a sweat. 
These players have given up, they didn''t believe that they could get anything before they had even stepped out onto the pitch. Our team is packed full of people who have played in the Champions League and we looked like we didn''t believe we could get anything against the reserve side of a team who are currently struggling, at a ground where lesser players have almost taken something from a game in the past.
Whittaker, Garrido, Elmander, Fer, Redmond, Bassong those players have played in Europe, and they all looked like Championship players at absolute best tonight.
He has lost the dressing room, and the players have lost confidence in themselves. I think I''ve finally woken up and smelt the coffee.

Just asked on another thread, we were still in the game at half time, is it possible the lads were more concerned with Snoddy''s injury than they were with the rest of the game? Understandable to anyone who''s ever had a team mate suffer a serious injury in a game.

Bw''s Cat wrote the following post at 29/10/2013 9:49 PM:

Knee jerk...

Just jerk will do you,

I know many on here say its easy to be negative and say get the manager out, and its wrong especially if you don''t have a replacement in mind… But that was a disgrace. It isn''t coming together, it isn''t gelling. Those who say it is are kidding themselves. Lets stop acting like Ostriches here, we need to face the fact that not only do we concede pretty much the same way we did 2 seasons ago, we''ve now lost our attacking intent and creativity. Wd have regressed.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Just asked on another thread, we were still in the game at half time, is it possible the lads were more concerned with Snoddy''s injury than they were with the rest of the game? Understandable to anyone who''s ever had a team mate suffer a serious injury in a game.[/quote]
Though a fair point, they are Pros and this is what they are paid to do and train all week for.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Just asked on another thread, we were still in the game at half time, is it possible the lads were more concerned with Snoddy''s injury than they were with the rest of the game? Understandable to anyone who''s ever had a team mate suffer a serious injury in a game.[/quote]We looked uninterested and unmotivated from the first minute though, there was no change pre and post injury.

Rubbish cup games are pretty much par for the course, nothing has changed for me, the next month will decide his fate in my opinion, but I leave such decisions to McNally. I trust/hope he knows what he''s doing.

Fair enough, couldn''t watch it only heard bits on the radio so tough to gauge.

Whatever the reason there''s more important things than tonight''s result, and that''s one of our players with what looks a very serious injury.

TIME for him to go. hoots said we can never play with 2 strikers so why did he play 2 up front when we was3-0 down ? + why bring on hooper when he could have got injured ,would have been better to bring on becchio as he never plays otbc

I find myself in agreement with most things you say New Boy, and I too feel so so disheartened by tonight''s performance

There are no genuine excuses for such a lack-luster showing, there is not one single positive to take from this game

Tonight is the first night I have visited the board after a match and not been angry at the heated rantings of our fans

If we play like this against Man City and West Ham I will feel like it is time for Hughton to go

If only Pilkington had managed to tap Hooper''s cross in on Saturday...

I wasn''t expecting us to win tonight, I hoped we might and I hoped we''d give it a go, but the biggest problem for me is that Hughton doesn''t ever want to give it a go. What''s the point at 2-0 down of not changing it? Why not take a risk and bring on Hooper? We''ve nothing to lose, sure we might concede again but who cares it''s the cup! But Hooper might bring us a goal.

Instead Hughton waits until we concede a third and are well and truly out of the game to bring Hooper on. I''m sorry I''ve said it for a long time now Hughton has to go.

Roberto Di Matteo or Thomas Tuchel to come in for me.

Mr Brownstone wrote the following post at 2013-10-30 1:49 AM:

Just asked on another thread, we were still in the game at half time, is it possible the lads were more concerned with Snoddy''s injury than they were with the rest of the game? Understandable to anyone who''s ever had a team mate suffer a serious injury in a game.

Injuries happen, some serious. It''s a contact sport and players know it''s possible. Whilst the injury to Snoddy looked very serious, those left on the pitch should remain professional, and still give their all for their manager, but mostly those fans who took time out to travel today and fir Snoddy himself. Unfortunately they didn''t!

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]I find myself in agreement with most things you say New Boy, and I too feel so so disheartened by tonight''s performance

There are no genuine excuses for such a lack-luster showing, there is not one single positive to take from this game

Tonight is the first night I have visited the board after a match and not been angry at the heated rantings of our fans

If we play like this against Man City and West Ham I will feel like it is time for Hughton to go

If only Pilkington had managed to tap Hooper''s cross in on Saturday...[/quote]And the worst thing of all Ned?  Winter is coming.

Absolutely diabolical performance, and if we put in something similar at the weekend then Hughton is walking a very thin tightrope.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]I know many on here say its easy to be negative and say get the manager out, and its wrong especially if you don''t have a replacement in mind… But that was a disgrace. It isn''t coming together, it isn''t gelling. Those who say it is are kidding themselves. Lets stop acting like Ostriches here, we need to face the fact that not only do we concede pretty much the same way we did 2 seasons ago, we''ve now lost our attacking intent and creativity. Wd have regressed.[/quote]
After tonight I agree completely. 

I agree...it would be too easy to blame RS''s injury. We were as poor as I can remember in recent times....IT WAS A DISGRACE.

CH only has one game plan and no plan B...FFS at least try 2 upfront.

If Hughton goes now and his replacement still fails to stop us getting relegated, will it still be Hughton''s fault even at this early stage?

I''m still prepared to give Hughton these next few home games but I''m not so blinkered to see that we need improvement, I''m not sure who''s better than what we''ve got who could be persuaded to come.

[quote user="i hate 1p5wich"]TIME for him to go. hoots said we can never play with 2 strikers so why did he play 2 up front when we was3-0 down ? + why bring on hooper when he could have got injured ,would have been better to bring on becchio as he never plays otbc[/quote]

Well now, I reckon we''ve found our new manager right here.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[quote user="i hate 1p5wich"]TIME for him to go. hoots said we can never play with 2 strikers so why did he play 2 up front when we was3-0 down ? + why bring on hooper when he could have got injured ,would have been better to bring on becchio as he never plays otbc[/quote]

Well now, I reckon we''ve found our new manager right here.

[/quote]

LOL.

Let''s get crazy Paolo in...haha

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Knee jerk...[/quote]
That was the worst performance I have seen under Hughton since the first game (5-0 Fulham), it was worse than the Luton defeat. At least we tried against Luton.
This group of players know that their managers job is at risk. 
Did they looked like they cared about that? I don''t think they did really, they all look like they have given up. 
We deserved to beat Cardiff, and I didn''t understand the criticism after that game, but perhaps our failure to score in that game was enough for our players to give up too.
Players like Garrido and Hoolahan tonight didn''t look like they thought they could play their way into the first team, and they are probably right, because Hughton won''t rotate his squad in the league.
4-4-1-1, 4-4-2, 4-5-1, we always have that old argument but we never have the debate about utilising our full roster of players. Not using Becchio is a disgrace alone, ruining David Fox. 
He destroys players who find themselves outside of his favoured 17 or 18 players. He did it last season, he will do it again this season. It is time for a manager to come in, assess the 24/25, and think of some new ideas, give some players a chance, and see if he can get our bunch playing like we know they can. 
Neil Warnock anybody? Wasn''t given a fair crack at QPR, for he didn''t get any money to spend, and has always wanted to manage us. If we went down we know he''d have a good crack at getting us back too. 

I just can''t understand the thinking behind tonight''s match.   Why play a lot of the first team, but put Hoolahan and Elmander at the front of it? The risk of injuries was always there, so why not protect the first team players if you are not really going to go for it?   No confidence on show.  No teamwork or apparent understanding.  Misplaced passes galore.    Hoolahan and Johnson looked way off the pace.  I''m speechless as to how bad it was, right  from the beginning of the match.If there isn''t an improvement by Saturday, I will have changed my mind about him staying.