Sign in to follow this  
NorthernYella

Dear Mr McNally...

Your greatest task was always going to be to replace Paul Lambert, unfortunately it is becoming increasingly obvious your appointment of Hughton has been a failure. Tonight''s game was summed up when Hughton brought Hooper on with THREE Minutes to go when it was perfectly obvious that Elmander and Hoolahan wasn''t working.

We are presently sleep walking to relegation and if we get to Christmas with less than 15 points (which I think we will) we will be in real trouble.

Norwich fans have not minded your McNasty image and high ticket prices when we have shown fight, commitment and a real desire to win, but we have a problem when it seems you will not do the necessary to stop us sliding to inevitable relegation. Ewan Chester has done a great job getting Fer, RVW etc to the club, now we need a man to lead them and get the best out of them.

Mr McNally please sort it out!

I agree that Hughton needs to go, but I disagree with the premise that the appointment has been a failure, and disagree with the suggestion that the clubs head scout has brought Fer and RVW to the club. He is not a Director of Football, he is a scout, and RVW specifically stated that Hughton sold the club to him.

''appointment has been a failure''

Comedy gold, I suppose you can only laugh when people say things like this.

''Failure'' - 11th finishing position in his first season.

First 10 games of the season not completed yet of second season, admittedly bad performance today in a cup game against utd.

I could understand if we were in the same position by christmas but bl00dy hell, some people do overreact

A league one side would have given Utd more of a match tonight , if Hughton remains in charge much longer we will be playing Championship football next season , we look absolutely toothless. Saturday could be a real nightmare Ipswichs 9-0 record loss could well be within our grasp .

Of course David McNally will reply to you.

That said, and seriously, of course there will be a time when David McNally and the Board come together to discuss the management situation, for that is what you would expect from them ,and surely everyone on here does trust the Norwich City Board. But, all things considered, I think it is highly unlikely this will happen so early in our season and after the result last night, regardless of how disappointing it was......some on here are just going to have to accept that, and in the meantime get behind the team 100% until the day they are longing for happens.  

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2013-10-30 3:52 AM:

''appointment has been a failure''

Comedy gold, I suppose you can only laugh when people say things like this.

''Failure'' - 11th finishing position in his first season.

First 10 games of the season not completed yet of second season, admittedly bad performance today in a cup game against utd.

I could understand if we were in the same position by christmas but bl00dy hell, some people do overreact

For goodness sake - 11th position is history, no it wasn''t a failure, but no one until the last two games of the season saw that coming. We watched some pretty dire football throughout that season, and we went out of the premier cup competition in this country to a non league team!

And no the first ten games of this season have not been completed, but we have win only TWO games, failing to beat Hull, Villa and Cardiff sling the way, we lost heavily at Spurs and did not have a shot in goal, and in the last four matches we have conceded 11 goals and scored only 2. We pay over 12 million approx for two strikers, in the words of our manager, to address the lack of goals that we suffered last season - and between them they score ONE premier league goal to date. We go to Man Utd in the Capital cup, and don''t just lose, but go out with a whimper, against a side who are, let''s face it, mid table and in transition and have struggled to score this season themselves.

The Board of NCFC and the supporters expected improvement. We haven''t got it, and I do not see that supporters criticism is an over reaction. Something has to be done to arrest the slide to obscurity that is clearly happening.

Dear Mr McNally,

Please ignore the knee jerk panicking of fans who want to change managers at the drop of a hat.

Some of them behave like spoilt babies, spitting out their dummies when things don''t go their way.

Knee jerk?

Last night''s no-show was a veritable prod in the right nerve of a patient who was beginning to become very nervous in the first place.

Tipping point more like and for some this point has come earlier than for others.

We''re playing Man Titty this weekend, what will it take Mac D?

A 5, 6, 7 nil defeat to shift him?

I''m sure he''ll oblige.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

That said, and seriously, of course there will be a time when David McNally and the Board come together to discuss the management situation, for that is what you would expect from them ,and surely everyone on here does trust the Norwich City Board. But, all things considered, I think it is highly unlikely this will happen so early in our season and after the result last night, regardless of how disappointing it was......some on here are just going to have to accept that, and in the meantime get behind the team 100% until the day they are longing for happens.  

[/quote]

Its not that early in the season. We''ve had 1/4 of the season and these awful form has now persisted for over 30 games.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

[/quote]

What, like everybody did, yourself included, with Worthy?[:^)]

Our season will not be decided playing Man City at the Etihad. Nor will it playing Man Utd away, Arsenal or Chelsea.

McNally knows this. I actually think secretly the anti-Hughton brigade know this too, but they''re so caught up in their panic-driven fervour that they''ve lost sight of it.

The thing is, we''ll probably lose to Man City. It might even be by a lot. It''ll suck, It''ll hurt, but we need to stick together and support our manager, because from there on in there''s quite a few winnable games on offer, and if we keep berating the manager and the players and haranguing McNally we risk destabilising the club and making the manager''s job harder than it already is.

If we lose to West Ham then I''ll admit things could be tricky but until then I fully support the manager.

Last season we finished mid-table despite losing Ruddy for much of it, lacking strikers and having to rely on several players who were borderline Premiership material.

This season we have a better squad, but it started badly when Hooper and then RvW were injured and Bennett out for months. We still carry some squad members who are of borderline Premiership standard, - one or two played last night. The squad, with so many newcomers, especially foreigners, is taking time to gell, but in recent matches has shown real signs of improvement. Both Bassong and Turner had medical attention over the summer, and I am not sure that either is at his best.

I have very mixed feelings about the manager - I think that he put out a team last night that was never going to win - only three of the "normal" squad, partly because of injury (Tettey), and partly to rest players for the next game. That was a calculated risk, and failed. I don''t understand his very late substitutions, unless it''s to waste time and avoid further punishment.

I am not sure what is best for the club at the present time. Replacing the manager with someone with less than international reputation won''t attract players we need in January, will need a few weeks to effect and could take some time to pull the side round (- could they pull round, given that most people seem to agree that apart from the important matter of scoring goals they are currently playing well, and even worried Chelsea a week or two back.)

In the present situation, whatever the club decides is risky. Do we stay  with a manager who did well with limited resources last season, albeit in a rather boring and defensive way, or do we look very quickly and pay for a highly able and respected manager with experience and a record of success?

Over to you, Mr. McNally!