Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Completely & Utterly Sick

I''d just almost completed a long & rambling post, hit the control key accidentally & lost the lot!!

Anyway, that''s not what makes me sick. The gist of the post was that the media are scarcely aware of, or care about , our existence, & as a result match officials know they can get away with murder at our expense. There were just too many examples of both yesterday for it to be coincidental.

If I get time I''ll post the list tonight.

I think we should all start getting angry now, & make a lot of noise. From all directions.

Completely agree. First time at Old Trafford last night and I used to laugh off people moaning about the bias of officials there as just sour grapes, but I have seen it with my own eyes now, and it exists.An incredibly soft penalty, early in a tough game like that is going to take the wind out of anyones sails.

[quote user="morty"]Completely agree. First time at Old Trafford last night and I used to laugh off people moaning about the bias of officials there as just sour grapes, but I have seen it with my own eyes now, and it exists.

An incredibly soft penalty, early in a tough game like that is going to take the wind out of anyones sails.
[/quote]

Yup, still clutching at any straw in sight.

Why should a soft penalty take the wind out of your sails, it should actually be used to motivate.

[quote user="morty"]Completely agree. First time at Old Trafford last night and I used to laugh off people moaning about the bias of officials there as just sour grapes, but I have seen it with my own eyes now, and it exists.An incredibly soft penalty, early in a tough game like that is going to take the wind out of anyones sails.[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts, always thought this theory was hyped up but now having witnessed it first hand, it certainly isn''t.

We were in the game and not playing too bad at the start, until the penalty was given. I also remember another incident when the ball went out and the ref looked across at the linesman for what to give and the linesman seemed to do exactly the same before they both came to the conclusion of a corner to the home team!

There were a few other incidents as well which back this up but then it will sound like sour grapes. Overall after we conceded the penalty we were poor and 4-0 was the right scoreline.

[quote user="HerefordCanary"][quote user="morty"]Completely agree. First time at Old Trafford last night and I used to laugh off people moaning about the bias of officials there as just sour grapes, but I have seen it with my own eyes now, and it exists.An incredibly soft penalty, early in a tough game like that is going to take the wind out of anyones sails.[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts, always thought this theory was hyped up but now having witnessed it first hand, it certainly isn''t.

We were in the game and not playing too bad at the start, until the penalty was given. I also remember another incident when the ball went out and the ref looked across at the linesman for what to give and the linesman seemed to do exactly the same before they both came to the conclusion of a corner to the home team!

There were a few other incidents as well which back this up but then it will sound like sour grapes. Overall after we conceded the penalty we were poor and 4-0 was the right scoreline.[/quote]Oh I don''t think the scoreline would have been much different either. Yeah I saw a few decisions by the lino that were pretty poor too.

Quickly:

No mention of us at all when randomnly tuning in To Talksport & R5Live- could have neem unlucky, but I heard every other team.

Long periods of silence when we had the ball c.f continual eulogising of ManU players.

Praise for overhit pass from ManU "nearly a lovely threaded ball" .. if Norwich had done the same ???

Murphy shown on touchline for a long time. Silence. 1 second appearance from Rooney ...

Murphy gets shoved (twice) when beating his man for pace. Murphy penalised.

Now I know we probably would have lost anyway. But that''s not the point. Margins in football are incredibly fine. The prejudice we are getting is worth several points loss over a season.

That matters. A lot. We need to start doing an Alex Ferguson.

What was soft about the penalty?   Fer stuck his foot across in front of their player.   That is an invitation to go down.   Naivety by Fer I''m afraid.  You can''t rely on players staying on their feet in this day and age.

There is a human trait to start blaming everyone else when things go wrong. It is not unnatural to do this but it''s a smokescreen.

This thread makes me feel sick, because it has ''little ole Norwich'' written all over it!!!  As did the crying over Fer''s non-goal against Cardiff!

Is this what we''ve been reduced to?  And ask yourself why??

[:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Is this what we''ve been reduced to?

[/quote]
Yes!
[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]
And ask yourself why??
[/quote]
I''m not sure what swear words are available on here but basically it''s [Removed by mods] and if they were to [Removed by mods], but not only that it''s when [Removed by mods] and it''s really starting to [Removed by mods], which leaves us clutching at straws.

Rather a moot point, because if the bias goes in favour of the big clubs, why are we still behind all but 2 of the teams in the division? Do Fulham or Stoke or Hull get the decisions as well?

I''ve been to OT to see City the last couple of seasons and last nights ref was by far the worst. The games before, yes there was the odd decision for the home team but last night was a level above. I lost count of the number of times that fouls were given where our player had clearly won the ball first, or it looked more like a foul the other way. Also the Man U players were getting away with murder, pulling shirts etc and fouls were rarely given against them.

I wonder if it''s a coincidence we had four players down for lengthy spells of treatment at different times of the game, which is the most I can remember. If the other side can get away with challenges that would normally be penalised, isn''t this what you''d expect? I haven''t seen replays so I''m not saying this applies to them all but I wouldn''t be surprised if its the case for at least some of them.

People may whine that its the little Norwich mentality but as a player it must be hard to play knowing if you''re fouled it probably won''t be given and you can win the ball cleanly or have a 50/50 challenge and the other side get a foul.

Obviously I have a Norwich bias but like I say, last night was far worse than last season, when we ended up with the same score line.