W6 (22%)

D9 (33%)

L12 (44%)

League results season 2013/2014

P9

W2 (22%)

D2 (22%)

L5 (56%)

% all rounded to nearest whole percentage.

So if you apply those various stats to a whole season to estimate what we would get if we perform at the various rates:

If we perform in line with Hughton''s full managerial record at Norwich = 42 points

If we perform in line with results over the last 12 months = 45 points

If we perform in line with results in 2013 = 38 points

If we perform in line with results so far this season = 33 points

Just though was interesting background info for the continued debate!

We''ve basically been on relegation form for all of 2013, more or less.

[quote user="GJP"]We''ve basically been on relegation form for all of 2013, more or less.[/quote]

Yes that is undeniable, especially when you factor in the 6 points against West Brom and Man City. You can;t discount those points from the figures of course because we did win the game but i seriously doubt that we would have got 3 points away at the Etihad had they had anything to play for.

In the interests of balance, however if you look at the last 12 months the stats are ok, reflecting the 10 match run which took up most of late October, November and early December. Obviously as the games tick by if we keep losing then that last 12 months stat will start to deteriorate.

Well I don''t know if I''m a member of the apologists or not but I guess I end up being put in most of these forum gangs so it''d be good to add it to my cv.

What I have to say about it is that the only relevant record is this season''s. If you want to add any past performances to that then I would suggest it''s the whole of last season. Otherwise we get figures skewed by people wanting to discount results that don''t suit their agenda.

So just to re-iterate I think Hughton should be judged on this season''s results.