Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

it's a Mickey Mouse cup...

We were never going to win it....

Bad news re the injuries but was the league cup really a priority?

The league has to be our focus...not sure if sacking Hughton will appease fans as there is still a lack of acceptance that Lambert has gone..

Not a Hughton Outer but not bothered about the tinfoil pot either

This is besides the point, completely irrelevant to peoples anger and concern.
The point isn''t that we didn''t play our strongest team, the point is that the XI that we did pick didn''t look like they cared, didn''t look like they had any belief at all, and didn''t look like a team trying to save their managers job.
And that means that he has lost the dressing room. They didn''t play like a team trying to save their managers skin. Players like Hoolahan, Garrido and Bennett didn''t look like players trying to win a place in the team.
Whether it was the strongest team or not. 

[quote user="The New Boy"]This is besides the point, completely irrelevant to peoples anger and concern.
The point isn''t that we didn''t play our strongest team, the point is that the XI that we did pick didn''t look like they cared, didn''t look like they had any belief at all, and didn''t look like a team trying to save their managers job.
And that means that he has lost the dressing room. They didn''t play like a team trying to save their managers skin. Players like Hoolahan, Garrido and Bennett didn''t look like players trying to win a place in the team.
[/quote]

So 3 reserve players had the ump??? Perhaps theres a reason they are reserves....

he point is we were never going to win it, we were never going to beat man utd at old trafford on a run of form thats left us sitting in the bottom 3, and more importantly the point is we didnt need to play any first team players as we were going to lose either waynow we have two injuries to our better players

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The New Boy"]This is besides the point, completely irrelevant to peoples anger and concern.
[/quote]

So 3 reserve players had the ump??? Perhaps theres a reason they are reserves....[/quote]
It was the whole team Jas. Everybody but Redmond.
And they aren''t reserve players, they are one injury away from being needed to start in the first team, and are usually on the bench.
You don''t get it then. Well that was the worst performance I''ve seen from Norwich in well over a year, no matter what the competition, who the opposition are, or who started the game.
If you are happy then so be it. 

[quote user="iron_stan"]he point is we were never going to win it, we were never going to beat man utd at old trafford on a run of form thats left us sitting in the bottom 3, and more importantly the point is we didnt need to play any first team players as we were going to lose either waynow we have two injuries to our better players[/quote]
Why couldn''t we have won it? 
Swansea won the league cup last season, they played Bradford in the final.
Somebody knocked out Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham along the way. One of those were knocked out by us. 
Bradford knocked out Arsenal.
Perhaps this is why we were so awful, did Hughton say "lads we have no chance here and will never win?", would that be acceptable?

Yeah right it''s a Mickey Mouse Cup that even Swansea won and got them into Europe. Now we would not want to emulate that now would we ? [:$]

I went tonight £64 for ticket and parking .. The least I wanted was at 2-0 down we throw another striker on and give it a go if we conceded another couple so be it ... A lot of fans travelled a long way .. But no we just went through the motions .. Conceded another 2 and didn''t even try to score. No attempt by hughton to change it. What has beccio to do to get a chance ??? Wes was awful .. No impact at all .. It was crying out for a change despite the injuries. Hughton has no plan b and even though this cup wasn''t important I feel a mug for going tonight .. Enough is enough ..

[quote user="The New Boy (Le Juge)"][quote user="iron_stan"]he point is we were never going to win it, we were never going to beat man utd at old trafford on a run of form thats left us sitting in the bottom 3, and more importantly the point is we didnt need to play any first team players as we were going to lose either waynow we have two injuries to our better players[/quote
Why couldn''t we have won it? 
Swansea won the league cup last season, they played Bradford in the final.
Somebody knocked out Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham along the way. One of those were knocked out by us. 
Bradford knocked out Arsenal.
Perhaps this is why we were so awful, did Hughton say "lads we have no chance here and will never win?", would that be acceptable?
[/quote]

bottom 3how many wins in 30+ plus games ?couldnt even score at home against newly promoted cardiff despite 31 attemptsplaying the current premier league champions at homein short. we are not good enough (as was proven by utds 2nd string!)our form is appalling, the whole first team needed resting tonight to allow them to concentrate on the league games coming up but instead we fielded 4 or 5 first choice players with 2 of them getting injured. We should have either played a full strength 11 (something i disagree with) or (and much more sensibly) played the youngsters and 2nd string. Fer, bassong, snodgrass and redmond should have been at home with their feet up.

It was always going to be a mickey mouse cup whatever happened. Now we lost it was only a mickey mouse cup for some. If we''d have won it would only have been a mickey mouse cup for others.

I wanted us to win. I don''t see any harm in winning this cup. I don''t see any negatives.

[quote user="Wirecanary"]I went tonight £64 for ticket and parking .. The least I wanted was at 2-0 down we throw another striker on and give it a go if we conceded another couple so be it ... A lot of fans travelled a long way .. But no we just went through the motions .. Conceded another 2 and didn''t even try to score. No attempt by hughton to change it. What has beccio to do to get a chance ??? Wes was awful .. No impact at all .. It was crying out for a change despite the injuries. Hughton has no plan b and even though this cup wasn''t important I feel a mug for going tonight .. Enough is enough ..[/quote]

This is exactly how I felt after my trip to Hull. It has actually put me off going to matches.

Regardless of the competition the minimum we should expect with the travelling support we take is to be competitive in a fixture. Too often under Hughton we just roll over away from home and surve up dross to thousands of people who pay hard earned money to watch said dross. Its unacceptable.

I think your confusing loyalty to the club with loyalty to the manager. I have been a city fan long before Hughton i will be a city fan long after Hughton. It will not stop me supporting my team just because i do not have faith in the manager. I travelled away under Worthy, Grant, Roeder, Gunn as a few examples, all in support of the team rather than the manager.

Also to put it in context a bad day out watching football is a lot better than a good day stuck in an office somewhere.

Isn''t saying "we were never going to win it" simply recognition by the OP that under the current management & coaching structure we are incapable of winning it.

by that Logic MP the rest of the premiership sides who are out (including a certain "big" side) also had a coaching and management structure incapable of winning?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Fair enough. See you Saturday then.[/quote]

You going on Saturday then Warren ?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]by that Logic MP the rest of the premiership sides who are out (including a certain "big" side) also had a coaching and management structure incapable of winning?[/quote]

You are either on a windup or clutching at straws Jas.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]by that Logic MP the rest of the premiership sides who are out (including a certain "big" side) also had a coaching and management structure incapable of winning?[/quote]

You are either on a windup or clutching at straws Jas.

[/quote]

I thought I addressed his point head on.