Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

when we finish mid table

Lets deconstruct this post.........

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"]When we finish mid table.........[/quote]

Already a simple question has dumbfounded the poor poster, like last season the OP questions whether it is possible for Hughton to succeed against this tide of negativity. Last season we finished at our highest position since the nineties and yet here we are in October with a chorus for the managers head. Question is like Groundhog Day would it be the same next year if the results turned? Wigan tolerated Martinez for years and he got a reputation of a great escapologist

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"] ...while the hughton lovers scream his name and the less blind fans cry over how 1 idiot can trash 4 years HARD BLOODY WORK.[/quote]

Exageration, I think, I don''t hear any screaming Hughton support but a shared concern. Blind, no. Poster obviously works for the club as he put in so much hard work. Thinks that we are going to wake up facing administration in the third tier. World will probably be destroyed in a huge fireball as well. Hughton''s fault.

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"]. All you happy clappers will be the ones that enabled Hughtons addiction to 5hit football and utter negativity. [/quote]

All caused by the happy clappers........wonderful to have such power. We were so negative against Cardiff as well, anything less than 50 shots a game is failure. Hughton has spent decades addicted to this kind of defensive football. Probably Italian. From the sixties.

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"]. "But we had 31 shots against cardiff" they just came up this season it''s really not that amazing as their 5hit and 31 shots and not scoring is also ******* 5hit you blind pilloclks[/quote]

Oh, Shakespeare eat your heart out there is a new poet in town.

All this, and to think posters say you can''t have a rationale thread on this board these days

Blind optimism? No. Just, in my opinion, level-headedness and an acceptance that we''ve had some very tough games recently. Despite the poor showing last night which had it''s own mitigating factors, we''ve been performing better and been rather unlucky not to get more points.

For the record, I actually think we''ll lose on Saturday. We might even get tonked, and I''m sure there will be many on here frothing at the mouth and continuing to call for Hughton''s head, regardless of how we perform. But I reckon we''ll beat West Ham, and I''m sure most of the doubters will say it was because they didn''t show up. I think we''ll nick a point at Newcastle, and people will say we should be taking all 3. Then I think we''ll beat Crystal Palace and Wiz will post on the board telling everyone how sorry he is and Hughton has his full backing.

Despite the highs and lows of football, some things in life are always predictable.

Well, CC, it looks like you have a ball made out of the same material as your little birdie. How else would you explain this Mystic Meg type posting.

I hope you are right, of course . Seven points from those games is the bare minimum that I''ll find acceptable. If those are attained, then CH will deserve a bit longer to see if it could be maintained. Anything less, and imho, he has to go.

Also, harping on about how many "shots / blocked shots" we had in the Cardiff game but this is an official stat:-

"Cardiff have faced more shots than any other team in the Premier League this term (174)."

It''s a trend.