Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

when we finish mid table

if this happens i''ll resurrect this thread and apologise for ever doubting CH. I just don''t see mid table happening this season. Our defending hasn''t improved and our attacking has disappeared. How then do you expect us to gain the points to be a mid table team?

To get to mid-table, we will have to improve week in week out.   Cup match or not, tonight was dreadful to watch, inept teamwork and attitude.  That will not help Hughton''s cause.    The season is long, but we have to start picking up points pretty much straight away, especially given the run in at the end of the season.   I hope there will be some reaction to this performance tonight, on Saturday.

Can you define mid-table please?
Technically "mid table" would be 10th or 11th in the league, as that is the exact middle to no decimal places.
If you wanted to extend the range then you would need to equal it up each way, so you could do 9th to 12th, or 8th to 13th, at a push you could do 7th to 14th but that would make Liverpool a mid-table team last season, so 8th to 13th is probably as far as you could go.
Are you still confident of mid-table? Where is ''mid-table'' for you?

firstly i would consider mid table as around 10th as there are 20 teams in the league.

Secondly houston, i think its a bit bad you talking about stupid threads, i understand your point after that performance, but i mean, you of all people talking about stupid threads. My point is, if you look at last season when we finished 11th and people were calling for hughtons head (when we were playing worse in the league and not showing much attacking intent) some people still wanted to get rid. With our squad we won''t get relegated but we do need our strikers to convert his chances. Say we finished 13th, for example would people still want him gone?

you all may be right, but i had (and still do) a good feeling about this season. Last season I bet £10 for us to finish 11th in the league and won a lot back from that. This season i bet on us to finish 13th and although it''s all about a rush of blood to the head or a funny feeling and luck, I think we''ll do alright this season. I like hughton and don''t see the point in sacking him when there''s no one guarenteed to be better that is available.

Miggins, your pies must be laced with something funny! Possibly troll powder!

I don''t think we have any chance of reaching mid table at the moment. We are going to be very, very lucky to survive.

Where do you see the points we need coming from? We only have 8 points and by my rekoning will need at least 38 points to survive, probably more. We have just 29 games left to get these points and the way we are gong this is just not goint to happen.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Mid table , my god you live in dreamland , 17th would be amazing we really are that bad .
[/quote]

Sadly, have to agree.

For this to even be a possibility we need to double our points by Christmas. It''s possible, but I don''t think Hughton will have until Christmas unless the side show more fight.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]If we beat Man City on Saturday then we''ll be on the same points as 9th.

Don''t you think you''re all writing off our chances a little too readily?[/quote]I wouldn''t bother, they won''t listen lol.

So we can''t expect to get anything away at Arsenal Spurs or Man Utd, but......

"If we win at Man City......"

All will be fine!

Whilst it is a funny old game I don''t think anyone believes this is going to happen.

Unfortunately if we fail to pick up the points against the teams we should we are going to have to get the rest from the games against the big guys. But as many have said in the past we cannot expect thus rely on these games.

I admire you optimism! It''s either brave or foolhardy!

Snake

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]If we beat Man City on Saturday then we''ll be on the same points as 9th. Don''t you think you''re all writing off our chances a little too readily?[/quote]

I wouldn''t bother, they won''t listen lol.
[/quote]

IF IF IF and no other teams play Satuday then?

Anyone spot the flaw in the dummy''s logic?[:S]

Anyone also spot how Wiz is the first to dish out insults and is also the first to b*tch and cry about it when someone gives some back?

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]If we beat Man City on Saturday then we''ll be on the same points as 9th. Don''t you think you''re all writing off our chances a little too readily?[/quote]

I''ll have a pint of whatever you have been on.

Usual, good natured provocative,knock about silliness that is the hallmark of a Mrs Miggins posting.

If she/he posts on a domestic energy users forum, no doubt she''ll be the one opining that dual fuel electricity+ gas bills are about to fall dramatically in the next 18 months.

Yes, how ridiculous! Us to beat Man City away? Lolz! I mean, when was the last time that happened?? ...

And did I just get called dumb by Wiz? Now that really is funny.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]Yes, how ridiculous! Us to beat Man City away? Lolz! I mean, when was the last time that happened??

[/quote]

Maybe you could share some of this blind optimism with us ?

When we finish mid table---- in the championship next season while the hughton lovers scream his name and the less blind fans cry over how 1 idiot can trash 4 years HARD BLOODY WORK. All you happy clappers will be the ones that enabled Hughtons addiction to 5hit football and utter negativity. "But we had 31 shots against cardiff" they just came up this season it''s really not that amazing as their 5hit and 31 shots and not scoring is also ******* 5hit you blind pilloclks

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]Yes, how ridiculous! Us to beat Man City away? Lolz! I mean, when was the last time that happened??

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well well well havnt you changed your tune ploddy

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Well well well havnt you changed your tune ploddy[/quote]

Not at all. I have wanted  Hughton to succeed and have remained pretty quiet about it up until very recently but I am now of the opinion his time is up.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Usual, good natured provocative,knock about silliness that is the hallmark of a Mrs Miggins posting.

If she/he posts on a domestic energy users forum, no doubt she''ll be the one opining that dual fuel electricity+ gas bills are about to fall dramatically in the next 18 months.[/quote]

I bet that forum is a bunch of laughs -(much like this one i suppose)