Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Mark Robins seems to think..

...we should hold our nerve. He doesn''t seem to be getting much support on canary call but he''s sticking at it.

Is he right?

I am prepared to give him until the West Ham game before making my mind up whether I want him in or out..

The problem is there are no out-standing propositions for me who could replace him

Mark robins has seen how many norwich games since January? Stick with boring defensive negativity?! I like Hughton as a man! Football manager at our club = no I''m sorry chris I''ve called time on you :( thanks for good signings tho! Apart from becchio poor guy!

We cant score. Defensively we seem to collapse late on in games against top teams.

There are no obvious replacements should Hughton go, but to carry on as we are is unacceptable.

[quote user="im spartacus"]managers stick together, even when they are eyeing someone elses job they back each other in public, mark robins opinion is worthless[/quote]
This. 
Most professional managers in this country know each other very well, through LMA and FA events, and training courses, UEFA Pro Licence refreshers etc. 
They are in the same union, and the union objects to every sacking. They all back each others corner, especially the British managers who stick together. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Well, we have another defeat coming up on Saturday, then the big home game against West Ham. Most worrying today was our complete inability to get the front man involved yet again.[/quote]

Our defence playing statues was also alarming

What Nigel is asking is is Robins right in saying we should hold our nerve.

It''s pretty obvious that Robins was going to back Hughton but that wasn''t the question.

The answer is no he is wrong. We have been holding our nerve for most of this year and what we have seen is performance deteriorating despite large expenditure in the summer. All the myths about Hughton sorting the defence last season and now he is sorting the attacking play or mid field is bollocks and always was.

He is not a leader, never has been and never will be. Holding our nerve won''t change that!

What on earth would he know compared to the average canary fan, he''s only an ex footballer and the manager of a football team!

as i mentioned in the other thread, mark robins also said tonight was the first game hes seen other than highlights

quite how that allows him an opinion on hughtons tactics and reasons for why we should stick with him im not really sure

[quote user="Dr Zeuss"]What on earth would he know compared to the average canary fan, he''s only an ex footballer and the manager of a football team![/quote]
He will know less than most Norwich fans, considering he hasn''t watched any of our games apart from the one tonight.
Do you think Chris Hughton knows much about Cheltenham Town? I doubt it?

[quote user="Vanwink"]What Nigel is asking is is Robins right in saying we should hold our nerve.

It''s pretty obvious that Robins was going to back Hughton but that wasn''t the question.

The answer is no he is wrong. We have been holding our nerve for most of this year and what we have seen is performance deteriorating despite large expenditure in the summer. All the myths about Hughton sorting the defence last season and now he is sorting the attacking play or mid field is bollocks and always was.

He is not a leader, never has been and never will be. Holding our nerve won''t change that![/quote]

Yes that was the question. It was pretty obvious he''d back Hughton. Professional people will always do that. We couldn''t expect anything else. So that was a given.

But it was interesting that he suggested we hold our nerve because I think he''s right. I''m not saying everybody should be pro-hughton. But I do think we should hold our nerve.

The thread about team selection for tonight''s game was the opposite of holding our nerve. Because it showed that whatever comes from Hughton is slated unreasonably without thought or explanation. Whether we''d be better with another manager is debateable but he can''t be as useless as was suggested on there. If he is then what does that say about the others at the club?

Booing the players on Saturday wasn''t holding our nerve. They were visibly upset by it and if he stays or goes those players will remain and one of the great strengths of a football club is togetherness including and especially between the players and the fans.

Splitting the fans isn''t holding our nerve. The divisions will remain long after the management and players move on. There''s still divisions now from 2005. I doubt whether fans are pro or anti Hughton will have the slightest bearing on whether he goes or stays.

[quote user="Vanwink"]What Nigel is asking is is Robins right in saying we should hold our nerve.

He is not a leader, never has been and never will be. Holding our nerve won''t change that![/quote]

Our performances have deteriorated this season, have they? I suggest you are wrong

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes that was the question. It was pretty obvious he''d back Hughton. Professional people will always do that. We couldn''t expect anything else. So that was a given.

But it was interesting that he suggested we hold our nerve because I think he''s right. I''m not saying everybody should be pro-hughton. But I do think we should hold our nerve.

The thread about team selection for tonight''s game was the opposite of holding our nerve. Because it showed that whatever comes from Hughton is slated unreasonably without thought or explanation. Whether we''d be better with another manager is debateable but he can''t be as useless as was suggested on there. If he is then what does that say about the others at the club?

Booing the players on Saturday wasn''t holding our nerve. They were visibly upset by it and if he stays or goes those players will remain and one of the great strengths of a football club is togetherness including and especially between the players and the fans.

Splitting the fans isn''t holding our nerve. The divisions will remain long after the management and players move on. There''s still divisions now from 2005. I doubt whether fans are pro or anti Hughton will have the slightest bearing on whether he goes or stays.

[/quote]

Agree 100% with everything you say, Nutty. By booing at games, I don''t think fans realise what long-term damage they are causing. Damage that lingers for years as your reference to 2005 rightly points out.

Nutty Nigel gets it spot on! It was a very disappointing night for several reasons, BUT the key to the club, OUR club coming through a difficult period is exactly as said....holding your nerve and togetherness. We will be in for another hard 90 minutes on Saturday and the odds are we will again be frustrated by the end of it, so I suggest everyone prepares themselves for the possibility and looks forward to the games that really matter........did anybody say this season is going to be easy.......   

ROB

Our performances have deteriorated this season, have they? I suggest you are wrong

October ......scored 2 conceded 11 ?

I would rather listen to Mark Robins opinions than the majority of idiot views on Canary Call or for that matter many of the knee jerk nonsense on here.

I really do not know where all this talk of "booing at games " comes from. I sit near the snakepit, and the only booing I heard on Sat was at the final whistle, which was more in frustration at 2 more pts dropped. Of course there was the "don''t know what you''re doing" stuff at the time of the subs, but that was aimed at Hughton etc and not the team. So let''s not make things out of events that never happened....

Really do not know how long Nigel and the other apologists want us to "hold our nerve" for. Frankly not too interested in the views of Robins, who has seen all of two City games in the past 10 months. I''d suggest that the time for holding our nerve has well and truly gone. I stick to my view that if we are on 13 pts or less at the end of the C Pal game, then it''s time to stop holding nerves and act.

Well my point was that the players seemed to believe that the booing was aimed at them. So saying it wasn''t now is too late. It will cause divisions between the fans and the players. There is already divisions amongst the fans. 2005-9 is well relevant. So is Wolves who went into an even faster decline after McCarthy was forced out. Would Wolves have gone down to League One if McCarthy had stayed? Is he a better manager than the one they have now? Wolves best chance is to build momentum in the way we did in 2009. But that momentum would cease once they get into the Premier League just like ours did.

Why do people keep harping on about defensive football this season. It hasn''t been. 31 shots against Cardiff to their 6, 9 on target to their 2. Now who was playing defensive football?

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Why do people keep harping on about defensive football this season. It hasn''t been. 31 shots against Cardiff to their 6, 9 on target to their 2. Now who was playing defensive football?[/quote]One would suggest that 6 goals in 9 league games with only 1 scored by a striker might suggest a lack of attack?

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Why do people keep harping on about defensive football this season. It hasn''t been. 31 shots against Cardiff to their 6, 9 on target to their 2. Now who was playing defensive football?[/quote]

The majority of which were hopefully shots from the edge of the area against a very poor side. What about all the other games?

Vanwink - Suggest you research the words "result" and "performance", our results have not been good however our league performances have improved. Not saying all is well in the world but you need to look beyond your own dogma and read what people have posted.......

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Why do people keep harping on about defensive football this season. It hasn''t been. 31 shots against Cardiff to their 6, 9 on target to their 2. Now who was playing defensive football?[/quote]

The majority of which were hopefully shots from the edge of the area against a very poor side. What about all the other games?[/quote]

That really isn''t my recollection of the game. Surely it was the other way around and the majority of efforts on goal were from inside the area. I thought we played really well on Saturday but accept that we should win games that we dominate as much as we did that one.

I keep hearing these claims about hopeful shots from outside the box, are there any stats that back this up? What are others recollection from the game?