Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

The Blame Game

In many other walks of life when it is time to assign blame it is often the underlings who get their walking papers first. Certainly this is true in political circles. While many on this forum feel that Chris Hughton should go there are many more that feel he is a very decent guy who, in many respects, is a "good fit" for Norwich City. Wouldn''t it be more acceptable, therefore, if Chris''s immediate underlings were given their walking papers and a new assistant manager and coach were installed under Chris. McNally would force the issue with Chris as to the type of assistant manager that would be hired, someone who is definitely more aggressive in an attacking nature. No reason why polar opposites can''t work....it''s successful in many other fields. Then put Neil Adams in place as coach. I think this could be enough of a shake-up because we have the potential, we just need to freshen up.

Might have been a go-er a few years ago, Yankee, but these days, it just wouldn''t happen.

If Mc Nally were to remove the coaches, then I''m 100% certain that Hughton would walk out in protest.

May be what, ultimately, some want anyway ?

While on paper this seems sensible in reality Chris Hughton would most likely walk,  in football a manager usually chooses his staff and brings in his people. Once the chairman starts interfering it''s the start of the end, I feel for this to work Chris Hughton would have to instigate it.

Difficult thing to do mid-season Yankee. But that''s not to say it can''t be done. I remember this happening with Worthy. We brought in Martin Hunter for Foley? Anyway, Hunter''s a top drawer coach and Hucks later told me he was one of the best he ever played under. Performances improved for a while but in the end it made little difference. Hindsight is great but if this is a solution it needed to be done at the end of last season. I still think our best chance is holding our nerve with what we have.

Its called a management team for a reason.    If you are going to get rid of one, you might as well get rid of them all.    Anyway, who says anything is the fault of  Hughton''s assistants anyway?    The bottom line is that the buck stops with Hughton, because he is the manager.   

When we discovered who were in the management team, some of us were a little concerned - both others are failed managers, I think. Again, we suspected that there were times when it is Culverhouse making the telling decisions, rather than Paul Lambert.

These judgements could be quite wrong, or course, but it may explain the rather fixed attitudes of the present management - some players continue although not playing particularly well, late substitutions, and a general lack of creativity and imagination.

If this is true, there is nothing we can do to provide better support for the manager, unless he himself asks for it, and the others are probably long term colleagues and well trusted.

Allow me to clarify.....I''m not suggesting someone else should change his team. I''m suggesting Chris Hughton should do this himself. Various individuals in all walks of life are removed/replaced within a management team all of the time because certain people don''t fit in well.. We have just gotten used to it being all or nothing in football. It doesn''t have to be. Most would agree that Chris Hughton has many fine attributes but, perhaps, at this place and this point in time, he ( and therefore the club ) would be better served if he chose to replace those directly below him and see if that freshens things up. Don''t reject this thought out of hand. Grant Holt didn''t have a problem with Chris Hughton in his pre-Norwich career. It has been referred to often who he had difficulty with. Perhaps that is also the case with other players within the Norwich ranks. Unlike some of you, I would hope that McNally is not adverse to a little outside of the box thinking.