Sign in to follow this  
Your mother

The only disgrace is this messageboard

95% of posts this evening appear to be written by halfwits, panic merchants, ill-informed nutjobs or idiots. Honestly, the wailing on here would lead you to believe we just got spanked by Colchester at home.I would say "get a grip", but it is quite clear most of you already have a vigorous hold of your own nether regions.

Nothing wrong with the board. It''s an in out shake it all about night when we lose.Some things never change. I''ve seen 24 City managers and hope to live long enough to see a few more.

thanks for calling me halfwit, you must enjoy watching crap football in your shed at portaloo road , my team should''nt go down your road so hoots should go & let us play with 2 strikers otbc

[quote user="ricardo"]Nothing wrong with the board. It''s an in out shake it all about night when we lose.Some things never change. I''ve seen 24 City managers and hope to live long enough to see a few more.[/quote]i too hope you get to see number 25 within the next week

Well Thomas Chalkley once wrote : ‘There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know’

After tonight''s supine effort I think that this must apply to all those Hughton supporters who still ignore the evidence that has been presented to them

@Wazzy: old and under used, perhaps, but the implication that I have multiple accounts is wrong.@Ricardo: lack of an edit function... ha, no, I think there is a lot wrong with the majority of posters posting tonight to be more precise. Shake it all about when we lose, silence when we win. Moan when we play well, moan when we don''t. It has become a messageboard for moaning. I am conscious that I am merely contributing to that - meta-moaning, if you will.@ihateipsh1t: you carry on defining yourself by a team you claim to hate, don''t mind me.

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="ricardo"]Nothing wrong with the board. It''s an in out shake it all about night when we lose.Some things never change. I''ve seen 24 City managers and hope to live long enough to see a few more.[/quote]i too hope you get to see number 25 within the next week[/quote]I wouldn''t bet on it. I think he''s go at least another 4 games and maybe longer depending upon results. I doubt that tonight will make a difference either way.

Well said, the OP.

haha Ricardo, we''ve seen ''em come and go over the years, ain''t we. One thing remains constant though, managers, players, and board members may come and go, but true fans support our team through the good times AND the bad times.

Whatever happens this season, i will continue to support my team even if we go back down to the 3rd tier or even lower.

I''m surprised i even bothered to look at the message board to tonight, some people on here should go and support Man U, Chelsea, etc if they think we should be winning every game at this level, and no doubt a good percentage of posters reveling in us losing are bitter/jealous 1p5wich & Leeds fans, or attention seekers like the clowns that tend to phone in to Canary Call, which i listened to tonight for first time in months.

Tonight, we were playing Man United, both teams put out weakened teams, only Bassong, Fer, & Snoddy started started against Cardiff and tonight, but some people thought we should be beating Utd. huh!

No doubt we will lose again against Man City on saturday, do you expect us to beat them too?

wasnt thinking we would win tonight was hoping we played some passing football . seen some crap over the years following city , but hoots is making us play the same way. no plan B

Last night''s game was so irrelevant that I couldn''t be bothered to comment. Clearly the OP feels the same way. In which case why did he feel it vital to start this rather lame thread. ?

FAR more concerned about the injuries picked up in the game tbh.

Canarygeorge wrote the following post at 29/10/2013 11:17 PM:

"Tonight, we were playing Man United, both teams put out weakened teams..."

And their weakened team last night was worth twice as much as our entire squad.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Canarygeorge wrote the following post at 29/10/2013 11:17 PM: "Tonight, we were playing Man United, both teams put out weakened teams..." And their weakened team last night was worth twice as much as our entire squad.[/quote]

So are you are saying is that we might as well not bother playing against the top 6 home or away because they have more expensive squads? [:D]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Canarygeorge wrote the following post at 29/10/2013 11:17 PM:

"Tonight, we were playing Man United, both teams put out weakened teams..."

And their weakened team last night was worth twice as much as our entire squad.[/quote]Yep 5 England Internationals in the starting line up, the big 4 clubs don''t really field weakened teams to be honest. International players replacing Internationals. Did you see the "weakened team" Chelsea put out?We didn''t play well but I think the woeful penalty decision broke the confidence early on. We got humbled at Old Trafford... it happens... to quite a few teams... especially those without a bit of confidence.

Its not the result or going out of the cup. Of course when you draw Man United away you know the likelihood is that they are going to win.

What was so utterly depressing about last night though was that even in the less significant Cup competition, a chance to go out and pay with less pressure than is perhaps present in the league, the team selection, tactics and approach to the game still displayed all the depressing rigidity, lack of imagination and attacking intent that we see week in week out.

Why not try a few things such as 2 up front in a game where people would have forgiven a loss if it genuinely came about as a result of experimentation? Why put out this half a**d team that was strong enough to be considered notionally a first team but not really carrying enough attacking threat to force a result.

What we got was just another typical dull Hughton away performance. Some decent possession in unthreatening areas, kept our shape well for most of the first half (before falling apart a bit second half), played in a reasonably neat and controlled manner but offering b**ger all threat in the final third. No changes (other than those subsequently enforced by the injuries) at 2-0 down to try and get back into the game and then to top it all off having seen two important players injured.we bring on Hooper for a pointless 5 minute cameo once the game is over with absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose if he got injured.

He should either have played a full strength team or played more kids and just told them to have a really good go. If we''d done the latter and got tonked I don''t think anyone would really have minded. As it was i think it was just another demonstration of the fact that he really does not know how to play in any other manner than the manner that has thus far largely failed us this season.

The point is Jim, theres was no winning for Hughton, whatever he did last night. People who have made their mind up will spin it whatever way they want to.Saying we shouldn''t play players in case they get injured is downright stupid, and utterly illogical in football terms.So hang on, we had Snodgrass on the field, who whether you like it or not, has created much of our attacking play this season. Then we had Redmond, praised by most as our new attacking messiah, we had Hoolahan, praised by many here as the missing creativity key to our midfield. We had a Swedish international striker, we had almost our first choice midfield.

Whatever the issues last night, I''m not sure what more you wanted the manager to do, personnel wise.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]There was no winning for Worthy either though was there?[:^)][/quote]Its a results based business and managers will ultimately be judged on them, sooner or later.Not quite sure where you''re going with the comparison though.

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Canarygeorge wrote the following post at 29/10/2013 11:17 PM: "Tonight, we were playing Man United, both teams put out weakened teams..." And their weakened team last night was worth twice as much as our entire squad.[/quote]

So are you are saying is that we might as well not bother playing against the top 6 home or away because they have more expensive squads? [:D]

[/quote]

No the point of football is to play against the top teams. But it should be viewed as a disaster when we lose against them.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]It is a results based business and that will ultimately cost CH his job.

The only thing that will save him will be a 10 match unbeaten run.[/quote]Agree.Last night was not the final nail though.It would have been interesting to have conducted a poll here, before the game, to see just who actually thought we could have got something from last night.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]There was no winning for Worthy either though was there?[:^)][/quote]

Its a results based business and managers will ultimately be judged on them, sooner or later.

Not quite sure where you''re going with the comparison though.
[/quote]

Hughton''s record is worse than Worthy''s.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]It is a results based business and that will ultimately cost CH his job. The only thing that will save him will be a 10 match unbeaten run.[/quote]

Agree.

Last night was not the final nail though.

It would have been interesting to have conducted a poll here, before the game, to see just who actually thought we could have got something from last night.
[/quote]

I think it''s the manner of the defeat rather than the actual result for most people.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]There was no winning for Worthy either though was there?[:^)][/quote]Its a results based business and managers will ultimately be judged on them, sooner or later.Not quite sure where you''re going with the comparison though.[/quote]

[/quote]I haven''t taken the time to compare it, why would you?And I assume some of Worthy''s included football a division below where we are now?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]It is a results based business and that will ultimately cost CH his job. The only thing that will save him will be a 10 match unbeaten run.[/quote]Agree.Last night was not the final nail though.It would have been interesting to have conducted a poll here, before the game, to see just who actually thought we could have got something from last night.[/quote]

I think it''s the manner of the defeat rather than the actual result for most people.

[/quote]You speak for most people?Answer me honestly, did you expect a win last night?Answer "Its not about the result, more the performance" all you like, ultimately when most teams go to Old Trafford, the end result is pretty much the same.If we had been in a better league position the same people running around flapping their arms in the air would likely shrugged last night off as pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]There was no winning for Worthy either though was there?[:^)][/quote]

Its a results based business and managers will ultimately be judged on them, sooner or later.

Not quite sure where you''re going with the comparison though.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven''t taken the time to compare it, why would you?

And I assume some of Worthy''s included football a division below where we are now?
[/quote]

Because a lot of people actively, aggressively and nastily forced Worthy out.  He stood little or no chance of success because people had already made their minds up.  Yet some of those same people who forced Worthy out, defend Hughton to the hilt and accuse the ''Hughton Outers'' of doing the same thing they were a part of with Worthy.  That''s all.....

I really don''t see how you can compare the situations. Whilst I too found the hounding of Worthington, the facts remain that it was results that ultimately cost him his job.Do you have someone specifically in mind here who you are alluding to?

Last night WAS utterly irrelevant, Morty. And I''d have said that if we''d won.

The only thing that matters as far as I am concerned is accumulating PL points. And to do that , you need to score PL goals , though no doubt some of the usual pedants will say that technically you do accumulate points with 0-0 draws, but you get my drift .

And , the fact is that we simply do not appear to be capable of converting sufficient chances into goals is what can, and as things stand at the moent, will do for us in the end. I really do not hold with this "it''s all about the performance" malarkey.

We''ve got to the stage that only a decent run of wins will do. And, if they are one-nillers courtesy of deflections via Russell Martin''s backside, then, so be it.