Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Is the home game vs West Ham really 'D' Day?

Just asking because West Ham have the joint best away defence in the PL.  West Ham have played 5 away games and conceded only 1 goal (which was a penalty).  Spurs have also conceded 1 away goal this season, but they have only played 4 away games.

West Ham will be a lot more difficult than people are expecting.  Should the Palace home game not be ''D'' Day?  Afterall that does look easy no matter how you look at it?

[:^)]

I would hope not. If we failed to find the net against Cardiff then it will be doubly difficult against a West Ham side who have set up recently with a packed midfield and no recognised strikers.

Norwich will probably have to keep a clean sheet to stand any chance of three points, and scoring past Jaaskeleinen will be a far from easy task.

Unles we get beaten within an inch of our lives at Man C, followed up by a loss and wholly inept performance v Wet Spam, my suspicion is that Nov 9 will NOT be D day. My belief is that he''s got till end of Nov to sort this fiasco out.

We saw early last season Big Sam''s approach to away games - 10 men behind the ball and look for a chance to counter. Not losing was very much the priority over winning.

It seems this has carried on this season as well and they will look to do what Cardiff did, 10 men behind the ball and deny Norwich any space. Will certainly be a tough team to score against. Maybe they will look at Norwich away as a winnable game and show a little more ambition, but I would consider that very unlikely.

The problem is as much as some people here do not feel that CH is the right man for the job, I have not heard one realistic credible suggestion for who is!

What is the point in getting rid of a manger to only replace like with like?

I think that''s what DM knows too.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]The problem is as much as some people here do not feel that CH is the right man for the job, I have not heard one realistic credible suggestion for who is!

What is the point in getting rid of a manger to only replace like with like?

I think that''s what DM knows too.[/quote]

Pablo; DM is a smart enough operator to

a, Have a list of potential replacements in mind.

b, not to continue with a failing regime just because he worries that his first choice replacement may prove hard to get.

If the axe does fall on the Hughton administration, no doubt there will be thousands of column inches both here and elsewhere speculating who his replacement might be, but in the end it will be DM and his henchmen who decide. Be in no doubt of that

Don''t get me wrong Reggie, love how DM runs the club, think he is a very smart operator.

And thats part of the point.

Those saying axe CH now are also those saying DM has been great for the club.

Well trust him then!

If, and I still think it is an ''if'' rather than a ''when'', I think DM will have his replacement ready in the wings.

Chris Hughton knows as well as we do that he''s under pressure now to start getting some wins on the board. I very much hope he can achieve that aim sooner rather than later. At least he has not had the dreaded vote of confidence yet from the board - when he does he knows he''s on borrowed time. I have no doubt that the board will already have started drawing up a list of candidates to fill his shoes - to not do so could be catastrophic if we hang on grimly to Hughton''s management, only to lose our Premiership status through doing so.

If we want to stay up then we must be looking for a win at home

against West Ham. Especially after only getting 1 point from the games

against Hull, Villa & Cardiff, other teams you''d expect to be near

the relegation zone towards the end of season.However I do agree

the Palace game will be ''D'' Day. If we fail to pick up 3 points then

& are still in the bottom 3, I reckon Hughton''s position as manager

will become untenable.

It could be - Man City away is going to be tough, given our present injury list, and we are unlikely to be able to repeat last season''s result. So West Hamm could be the make or break game.

There is nothing to stop them seeking advice, compiling a list of good managers or even putting out feelers in the time before West Ham. I think that Bowkett and McNally are astute and, while they may not be saying much in public I think that they will be panning for what now looks inevitable.

[quote user="Salopian"]

It could be - Man City away is going to be tough, given our present injury list, and we are unlikely to be able to repeat last season''s result. So West Hamm could be the make or break game.

There is nothing to stop them seeking advice, compiling a list of good managers or even putting out feelers in the time before West Ham. I think that Bowkett and McNally are astute and, while they may not be saying much in public I think that they will be panning for what now looks inevitable.

[/quote]

As they had done this before Lambert left I''m sure they have done this already. I doubt there is never a time at the club when they aren''t weighing up the options on new managers - you never know when you might suddenly be in the market for one.

I don''t see any chance of a dismissal until after the Palace game. Whatever happens and when try not to stress ... Trust in McNally. He WILL act when it is most appropriate

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Dont know how many more "d-days" there needs to be .....needed to beat Cardiff on Saturday, and didn''t , Hughton shouldnt be here now.[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]