Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Hope Hoolahan never plays for us again...

Used to be a big Wes fan but his recent inept displays have been pathetic.

The amount of times he gives the ball away makes him a complete liability.

Howson must continue to start ahead of him if we want to win anything.

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]Used to be a big Wes fan but his recent inept displays have been pathetic.

Howson must continue to start ahead of him if we want to win anything.[/quote]

Really mature. After all he''s done for this club in the last few years you come out with a comment like this. Pathetic.

I hope he goes else where and proves what a good player he still is and rams it down the throats of fans like you.

Hoolahan really hasn''t had much game time under Hughton, and in fairness to the boss Wes hasn''t shown much form when he has played him - a very sorry display from him tonight, but he wasn''t the only one going through the motions, and you can only wonder why that is!

None of the players looked like they had any belief at all, not just Hoolahan. 
Every player looked defeated from the start to the finish. 
That is a management failure, no need to be scapegoating players for a complete loss of confidence.

Clear his head has dropped as like with several players, you don''t just become a rubbish player, it''s clear that its a confidence issue and that comes down to the clowns managing the team.

Hoolahan and Snodgrass are the players most likely to be mugged by the opposition. I have some sympathy with them but this is the PL, passing your way upfield has a greater chance of success than quick feet on the end of slow legs.

H

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Yellow Messiah"]Used to be a big Wes fan but his recent inept displays have been pathetic.

Really mature. After all he''s done for this club in the last few years you come out with a comment like this. Pathetic.

I hope he goes else where and proves what a good player he still is and rams it down the throats of fans like you.[/quote]

''Hope he goes else where" ???

I hope he''s doesn''t go anywhere - he may be getting on (in years) but he''s needed here.

When played correctly with the right players around him he''s a match winner for us. We will definitely find the points to stay up with him in the team,

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]Used to be a big Wes fan but his recent inept displays have been pathetic.

What about the others that played last night ?

What about Bassong ? Was his performance better than Hoolahan ? Do you wish he doesn''t play for us again ?

Bassong has been playing regularly too so has no excuses. This time last year Howson was playing like a 3 legged donkey - did you complain ??. Probably not. You''re targeting players you don''t like !

Time to rebrand you - BLUE MESSIAH !!!

Yes, he didn''t play well last night, but I can''t really say any of the 11 did...

A shameful post given that Wessi has made such a contribution to the Club over the last 4 years. What were you expecting, him to rock up at Old Trafford having not played all season and grab a hat-trick?!

''fraid to say that Yellow Messiah is absolutely correct in my opinion.I posted after the Watford game (that I went to incidentally) that his performance was one of the worst i had seeen by a Norwich player in years.  So....into the wilderness Wes goes only to reappear as a sub at Arsenal and had an equally terrible impact.  Then reappears last night for a start and continues the abysmal trend.People confuse gratitude for a players past achievements with some sort of obligation to play them and never criticise when they have clearly been woeful.For me the time is up for Wes, you may have different thoughts and youre entitled to them but for me it''s "Wes, thank you and good night".  We have better players who are not a liability to the team.

Hoolahan has been pretty poor this season whenever he has been involved. He does give the ball away an awful lot more than in recent seasons. I can’t help thinking that if he were a striker many people would be suggesting he had reached the end of his career.

This certainly has to be his last season at the club (assuming we stay up) especially considering the possibility of additional attacking players arriving in January.

To slate him for not trying etc is unfair, it is fair however to say he is now probably well past his best.

Hoolahan has been pretty poor this season whenever he has been involved. He does give the ball away an awful lot more than in recent seasons. I can’t help thinking that if he were a striker many people would be suggesting he had reached the end of his career.

This certainly has to be his last season at the club (assuming we stay up) especially considering the possibility of additional attacking players arriving in January.

To slate him for not trying etc is unfair, it is fair however to say he is now probably well past his best.

Over recent months Wes has started to look a bit like he might be getting out of his depth.

But it''s not easy to play your best (or anywhere near it) when you''ve had very little playing time.

It''s hard to see where he could come back into it because Howson, Fer and Tettey looks like the strongest central midfield we have had for a long time.

I don''t disagree at all that Wes looks as though his NCFC days are drawing to a close. That''s the way it goes in football, especially when you move up the levels as we have. For him to still be here is some achievement given he was with us in League One.

No one is saying that it isn''t time for him to move on. All I''m saying is that, if he does leave, he''ll go with a great deal more gratitude and respect than many who''ve worn the yellow and green, and we''d do well to remember that rather than produce a thread with the subject ''Hope Hoolahan never plays for us again...''. He has earned a bit more respect than that.

Ridiculous to single out Hoolahan after last night''s game. The whole team were poor.

Felt sorry for Wes and Elmander last night, Mark Bunn was continually hoofing goal kicks towards Vidic so there was no chance of building attacks. Despite having the extra man in midfield, Fer had an off night and the less said about Bradders the better.

Wes has been treated disgracefully by Hughton this season. To not include him as an option from the bench is ridiculous. In the last 20 minutes of games he''d be great to bring off the bench in place of Howson.

I accept that Howson has played well recently, but believe our striker problems come from his inability to play telling through balls for the likes of Hooper and van Wolfswinkel. His range of passing in the final third lets him down and all our attacks come from the flanks or long range shots.

I hope you''re wrong.

While he is certainly in the twilight of his NCFC career he is still a very useful option. I''m still a big fan.

I''m not really sure after watching yesterday how he can be singled out in a pretty abject team performance?

Players like Wes and Johnson are suffering from our complete and utter lack of any squad rotation, to expect them to come in and outperform others, after minimal game time this season, is ridiculous. It may be a bit of a Football Manager term, but there is such a thing as match fitness and our periphery players seem to be sorely lacking it.

We''re hardly playing to the strengths of Wes'' game either are we.

Ridiculous post and I hope upon reflection the OP is ashamed of himself to speak about a player that''s given us so much in such a way.

As previously mentioned and illustrated last season, the lack of reserve team football and squad rotation is really hurting some of our players.

Only last season wes was playing some great football for us. Do people forget his performance at man city so soon? Wes needs a run of games with our best players around him. Wes is ineffective if you don''t play the right players with him. Stick him in with Pilkington and Hooper and I can gurantee we''ll be twice as creative going forward. Play him with players such as Elmander and BJ then Wes will fail.

Pathetic post, vent you anger where it deserves to be, the so called manager of this club has drained every last ounce of confidence from these players.