Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

What has happened to our game

All this resting players is not fair on the fans feel sorry for the city fans tonight, all that way to see our manager play half a team , the club should refund all their entrance and travel fees. Players were never rested years ago and thought nothing of playing two games a week . Disgrace tonight one look at the team sheet was enough to see we never wanted to get through . Sorry he is nice bloke but must go now .

Years ago squad sizes were not as big!

You have no chance of competing Unless you have a decent squad and are able to rotate it regularly!

I had no issues with the line up yesterday! It was the Performance that was wrong.

Blame the creation of the Champions league for the state of football and its custodians!

Players seem a lot more delicate these days, or so my memory informs me.

They seem like highly trained, highly strung thoroughbreds compared with the players of old who indeed thought nothing of playing two games a week with a hefty boozing session probably stuck in between..

Of course it''s necessary, better and more professional nowadays but it is still possible to remember the olden days and players like Bryan Thurlow who could be hit by a double-decker bus on his way to the match and still put in a full ninety minutes.

I was still in short trousers myself then so perhaps I am romanticising a bit.

I am sorry but I will sound like one of those people who drone on about the the old days , but I do believe it was better then , all the games kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday, the players were numbered 1_12 and cup matches were special events, also all the teams had players from Britain . If you went to a cup match you would see the same players as you would see in the league . A visit to man utd would guarantee seeing best, charlton,law,siles ect. Also all this business with subs coming on with one minute to go would never happen . Having said all that I still enjoy watching the game but feel it has been spoilt.