Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Neil Adams - come on down

You can sort this mess outYou can inspire & motivate our squadYou can build team spiritYou can make the right decisions & at the right timeYou can restore belief in our Club

"Vanwink"You could even become the next Gunny

Haha. He wouldn''t be that bad but it''s far too early to chuck him in.

It astonishes me some of the names thrown about on this forum  who people perceive would be a better bet than Hughton to keep us in toughest League in the world.Neil Adams has no League managerial experience AT ALL.The other name i have seen mentioned is di Matteo. A man whose tactic at Chelsea, with some of the best players in the world at his disposal, was to shut up shop, keep a clean sheet and hope to nick a goal at the other end.

Christ almighty I''m starting to hope he gets the sack soon just so the drivel on this forum stops.

That said, I give it 6 weeks under the next manager til the whinging starts again.

Neil Adams for christ sake. Tell you what, I''ll do it for half of whatever he wants. May as well save some money while we don''t get another point this season.

[quote user="Making Plans"]You can sort this mess out
You can inspire & motivate our squad
You can build team spirit
You can make the right decisions & at the right time
You can restore belief in our Club

[/quote]

Hell, why not, anyone, other than the 3 stooges we have atm!

Neil Adams has no League managerial experience AT ALL.So

on the basis that Hughton did have/does have League managerial

experience, it can hardly been seen as a "must have" on any potential

candidates CV.

The absolute worst way to employ a manager is to pick an ex player with no experience, it never works. What on earth are you thinking with Adams?

Adams knows the club inside out. I understand that he hasn''t any ''real'' managerial experience........But, in the event of the current coaching staff being allowed to ''move on''.......Adams ''in my opinion'' would certainly make a decent ''right-hand man''......somewhat similar to the role Culverhouse demonstrated alongside Lambert. He''s a more than capable tactician....and does possess the qualities to maybe eventually coach at a decent level.....

Adams knows his football, he knows the squad, its weaknesses and ''strengths'' he''s also witnessed the ''highs and lows'' since he arrived as a player all those years ago.......and certainly knows how the club operates within the walls of Carrow Road.

He also knows the supporters, and Canary Call isn''t the same without him, he spoke a lot of sense........Now, the only problem is - if there was a ''replacement  being lined up in the event of the current coaching staff being allowed to move on; could our CEO negotiate with a replacement coach, a position for Adams rather than the usual and predictable ''bring their own back-room staff in.......?

Just a thought......

As much as I have lost all faith in Hughton, replacing him with Adams is absurd. This has to be the worst suggestion as a replacement yet

As much as I love Neil Adams (he was my favourite player for a long time) he really isn''t the answer in a managerial role. Caretaker manager / coach to fill a gap maybe.His time will come though.

yes.. lets take the bloke who used to talk to "Barry" on canary call and works with the youth team and stick him in the bear pit of the premier league...

Alan Shearer and Bryan Gunn spring to mind...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]yes.. lets take the bloke who used to talk to "Barry" on canary call and works with the youth team and stick him in the bear pit of the premier league...

Alan Shearer and Bryan Gunn spring to mind...[/quote]Couldn''t put it better myself.  The justification for Adams seems to be the same we had for the appointment of Gunn.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I''m sure that Adams would bring more to the NCFC football table, than Mr Trollope or Mr Calderwood.....[/quote]

100% agree with this. I''d love Adams in a role with a view to the future he''s done alright with what''s been asked of him so far. Obviously it''s a different level but still it shows he has awareness of the tasks he''s given

If we sack Hughton I would rather Adams be put in temporary control of the first team instead of Calderwood but only until we appoint a new manager, to give him the job full time would be a massive gamble.

Maybe some on here should throw their hat''s in the ring.....?

Adams involvement as a part of the coaching senior squad set-up, would I feel, be a valuable contribution to improving the standard, quality and our style of play.....And he could start by showing them how to take a penalty.

Ho hum.....

On the positive side, Neil Adams knows the players and he would have a good insight as to what has been going right and wrong. Whereas a new manager might take a number of games to realise those things.I was often impressed with his judgement of a match when working on BBC radio.

[quote user="JF"]If we sack Hughton I would rather Adams be put in temporary control of the first team instead of Calderwood but only until we appoint a new manager, to give him the job full time would be a massive gamble.[/quote]I am praying (and I''m not a religious man) that if Hughton were to go then Calderwood would be following him pretty quickly out the door if not walking out the door with him. The thought of Calderwood being put even in temporary charge fills me with dread. His last 2 management jobs..."Calderwood was sacked by Hibs on 6 November 2011, having won just 12 games out of 49""Calderwood was sacked by Forest in December 2008, as the club had secured just four wins by Christmas"Even worse than Hoots

When "he''s a club legend" and "he knows the ins and outs at the club" are used as reasons for suggesting a new manager, then they''re definitely not the best option. That goes someway towards suggesting Malky as manager as well, who is known as a defensive manager - the exact reason why people want rid of Hughton!