Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Why we will win at the Etihad...

The only thing i can think is West Ham versus Spurs. Nobody saw 3-0 coming. I think it might even be worth giving Murphy some game time.

Of course anything is possible, but right now I''d suggest that Etihad Airways starting a daily Norwich to Abu Dhabi service is as likely as City getting 3 pts in their stadium on Saturday !

You never know a1! I have never gone into a Norwich game believing we can''t win so I''m not going to start now. Do I expect a win? Hell no!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You never know a1! I have never gone into a Norwich game believing we can''t win so I''m not going to start now. Do I expect a win? Hell no!!

[/quote]

Are you a betting man Nige ? I''m normally not, but I''m kind of thinking that the odds against a Norwich victory on Sat will be so attractive, that a trip down Mr Hill''s and a cheeky little tenner on one might just be in order.

12/1 and 5/1 the draw with Bill. Depends how adventurous you want to be. Hooper to score anytime and Norwich to win is 33/1. Young ''nana will be glad of suggestions on the new Rays Funds thread when it goes up this evening.

So my tenner would magically morph into one hundred and thirty quid then ......? Hmm tempting.

Presumably the figure (that you''ve conveniently not troubled us with), ie a Man City triumph is not worth getting out of bed for ?

I have a secret incentive in posting this Nutty - it''s pretty blindingly obvious what it is, but just to maintain the illusion, i''m saying nothing until 5pm Saturday!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]So my tenner would magically morph into one hundred and thirty quid then ......? Hmm tempting.

Presumably the figure (that you''ve conveniently not troubled us with), ie a Man City triumph is not worth getting out of bed for ?[/quote]

Oh there''s plenty I haven''t told you about Reggie. Bill Hill alone are offering 120 different markets for this game. The one you wanted was that Citeh are 2/9. Now this might or might not be worth getting out of bed for but I doubt you could find me somewhere with a short term interest rate greater than 20% for me to invest in. If the result is the certainty you seem to think I suggest that''s what you do with any spare cash you have.

Hmmm, when you put it like that Nutty... That actually seems pretty generous to us, 2/9 is. Then again, it''s usually just when a bet becomes a seeming sure bet that it bites you in the bum.

But in a world of next to nothing deposit rates, all sorts of things like this start to become more interesting!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Of course anything is possible, but right now I''d suggest that Etihad Airways starting a daily Norwich to Abu Dhabi service is as likely as City getting 3 pts in their stadium on Saturday ![/quote]You have no idea how much easier this would make my life! I''d actually almost prefer this to happen....almost [:)]

It''s a great chance for the lads to respond to the critics, on any normal analysis you would have to say we are likely to get stuffed, but football isn''t always like that!

I think winter is on the way - which means - Its time for my lucky bobby hat! Start counting those winnings!

We had 2 very close games with Man City including the win at the Etihad and we''re certainly due a win - despite what anyone tries to tell me I know we''ve played decidedly better of late. So, not impossible at all as we proved last season, their defence has looked somewhat shaky at times and I feel a Hooper goal is just round the corner (presuming RvW doesn''t walk straight back into the team) - so that 33/1 bet that Eddie mentioned is quite possible I reckon, think I''ll be having a small flutter tomorrow ;)