Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Guess who's criticised Hughton again...

Grant is at his level now... and hardly setting the world  alight there!!!had his seasons in the sun... needs to accept it now.

Good, i''m glad he has. He is just telling it as it is, the same way most of us and I pray members of the board see it. I would say after playing under Hughton for a season and scoring a miraculous 8 goals in his style, a feat none of our forwards will manage this season, then he is in a far better place to give his opinion than anyone on this board either pro or anti Hughton.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="First Wizard"]Good for Holty............twice the captain Bassong will ever be![/quote]

What''s wrong with Bassong?

[/quote]

Nothing really but he''s no captain.

I never have an issue with any ex player having a say, and in Holty''s instance he certainly has earnt the right to say what he wants, regardless of whether some of us disagree.

As for Bassong.........its clear that he will become the next scapegoat after Snodgrass on this board, the signs are already there unfortunately, which would be ridiculous considering his pedigree and that he is one of the best CB''s we have ever had at our club.

We are clearly missing Holty on the pitch in terms of his leadership. He was THE leader on the pitch, lead by example, would have a pop at a ref if he needed to.

We have missed this element of his game badly this season

BUT so many wanted Holty out last season. Said all along that although he''s not getting any younger, his leadership and charisma is just not something you can take away from a football team and expect it to be the same - Grant was worth his squad place for this alone, but he still played with passion even if it boiled over to frustration at times and so what? He wanted to do well for us - a true winner, hence the frustration. He was unhappy and I don''t blame him, he still put the ball in the net 8 times when we were playing ultra defensive (not a bad return considering) but he got ridiculed when he showed signs of frustration (the same signs of frustration that many on here who criticised him are now also showing Hughton ironically). I''m pleased Grant moved on for his sake - a great, inspiring captain, and dare I say it - a greatly missed captain.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Grant is at his level now... and hardly setting the world  alight there!!!had his seasons in the sun... needs to accept it now.[/quote]

that is laughable and sad to think you call yourself a city supporter

Admittedly I only skim read it, but I didnt see any criticism did I?  Not a complete surprise to hear that Lambert and Hughton have differnet styles? Ask any stiker which system they prefer and I imagine most would opt for the one that gives them most opportunites to score?

(PS am I missing something about Bassong? Does he get a mention?)

There is no criticism but, read alongside the Steve Morison interview it hardly reflects well on the manager does it?

It demonstrates a pattern of how strikers feel about playing under Hughton. It''s the opposite of Lambert, for who defenders didn''t always have the best time. But it seems if you''re a striker you get frustrated and you don''t enjoy your football. This idea of a single striker who does a lot of mucking in for the team is fine up to a point but at the end of the day - strikers need to score goals. If they''re not, they''re not enjoying themselves and from them it''s just a downward spiral. We''ve spent a fortune on strikers and none of them are scoring goals under Hughton.

Reading this and Morison''s interview, plus our performance at OT have combined to turn me from in to out. He has to go. BUT only when and if we have a viable replacement lined up. At the moment, decent and viable candidates are few and far between.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Grant is at his level now... and hardly setting the world  alight there!!!

had his seasons in the sun... needs to accept it now.
[/quote]

Funny thing is Jas, Holty level appears to be higher than Hooper, RVW & Elmander given his scoring record at this level against our ultimate 15 million pound new strikers! ;-)

I think Holty has earned the right to say what he has, he feels it needed to be said and I respect him for that.