I saw an interesteing article today:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/31/premier-league-managers-november-norwich-sunderland-fulham-sack 

Here are some highlights...

"Of the past 15 Premier League teams to be relegated, seven were in the bottom three on this day of the season in question. In the past five seasons, the bottom three teams on 31 October have never all gone down, while the 2008-09 season stands alone as the only one in which all three – Wigan Athletic, Bolton Wanderers and Tottenham Hotspur – stayed up."

"But while replacing your manager in November might seem a good idea in theory, recent trends suggest it tends not to work in practice.

QPR sacked Mark Hughes last November and were relegated. Portsmouth sacked Paul Hart in November 2009 and were relegated. Derby County sacked Billy Davies in November 2007 and were relegated."

"if you replace relegated Reading and Wigan Athletic with promoted Hull City and Cardiff City respectively, with eight points Norwich have already notched double their tally of points from their corresponding nine fixtures last season. It is a state of affairs that suggests Hughton''s situation, while serious, is far from dire."

That last paragraph makes no sense ?

Reading away 1 point Hull away 0

Wigan at home 3 Points Cardiff 1

Everton H 3 1

Arsenal A 0 0

Chelsea H 0 0

Spurs A 1 0

Saints H 1 3

Stoke A 0 3

Villla H 0 0

2012 9

2013 8

Strange

QPR''s problems stemmed from two major areas, many players went there for the money which destroyed the dressing room and the had the wrong man in charge (Hughes) to deal with that situation.

When Harry came in, I don''t think he could be believe what he was seeing. Had Harry been brought in for the start of the season, they wouldn''t of gone down.

While Harry''s off field activities may of been questionable, as a manager he is exactly what we need, instead of the negative, depressing and demotivating Hughton.

As others have said these "stats" prove nothing. Indeed they are not really stats at all, just one man''s interpretation of them. Southampton''s replacement of Adkins with Pochettino suggests the complete opposite.

Look... I do not think that there are many people who are suggesting that getting rid of Hughton would be anything other than a gamble . But there has to be a deal of risk assessment going on, and, ultimately, the gut feeling of those who are empowered to make such decisions.

Me, I''m clinging to hope that results improve over the next few weeks to such a degree that we are saved the trouble, and all the current collective navel gazing on here is proved to be academic.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well Harry was appointed in November. How much earlier are we talking?

[/quote]

Clearly it''s already too late to make a change for this season then.

[/quote]

Well that''s not my opinion. But it seems to be the opinion about ''arry. Apparently if he wasn''t in place to sign his own players in the summer transfer window QPR were already dead and buried. Yet didn''t he waste a shed load of dosh in the January?

Yes I was joking nutty. November is the sensible time if you must change manager, it gives the new manager plenty of time to work with the squad and make changes in January. It just often isn''t much help to change manager, which is inconvenient for many posters on here