Sign in to follow this  
Sussexyellow

Ruddy - New Deal

Signed new 4 year contract. On official site.

Nice to have some good news amongst all the doom and gloom. Hopefully an indicator that the camp remains happy.

OTBC

Hate to be negative as it''s fantastic news but I can''t help but feel this may have been done to raise the value for a transfer.

Ruddy gets to move on and he shows his respect and love by allowing us to get the highest amount possible instead of running the contract near its end.

I could and am probably wrong.

Well worth it to ensure we get a decent fee for him. One way or another I expect him to be gone by the end of this season.

Ruddy ruddy ruddy! Good man! Great goalkeeper! Hopefully he will want to see out the contract and not have done it for the wrong reasons! Personally I can''t see him doing that!

Got to be good business whichever way it shakes down.

Agree with Ricardo, will be gone end of season.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Got to be good business whichever way it shakes down.

Agree with Ricardo, will be gone end of season.[/quote]
Yes we may get an offer that is too good to refuse and you two may be proven right.
But just too put another spin on it - he has got a nice fat increase in his wage packet and his family are settled here.  In his interview he did acknowledge what Norwich had done for him, rather than what he does for Norwich. Basically saying that Norwich had taken a chance on him by plucking him out of the wilderness. I recall that when he signed he said he had got his agent to approach Norwich as he was local(ish) and we were looking for a keeper. So Norwich is his club of choice.
Now I know that you can not trust everything said by a footballer but he does seem to be a straight up and down guy, so maybe just maybe he wants to play for Norwich!
COYY

I am sure he is a "straight up and down guy" Sussex. A great bloke by all accounts. My view is he wants an England career and will want to play for a top 4 side. That''s not spin or trying to put a downer on anything, just my opinion. If he goes it will be good business for the club, if he stays even better.

[quote user="morty"]Glad we managed to get a negative spin on this good news[Y][/quote]Nothing negative about it Morty. Extremely good business by the club to ensure we get a decent return. I Think once he''s in the England team it will be almost impossible to hang onto him.Well done McNally, nothing worse than seeing a top player walk for bugger all.[Y]

I agree with Ricardo, either way is not negative.

If he''s sold it''s better he''s on an improved contract. Bonus.

If it means he stays and we keep a good keeper. Bonus.

It doesn''t really matter who is right, unusually.

Good business for all parties.  John''s a top quality player.But if the worst does happen, either relegation or John decides he wants a bigger challenge, then the club has protected the value of its asset.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]Glad we managed to get a negative spin on this good news[Y][/quote]Nothing negative about it Morty. Extremely good business by the club to ensure we get a decent return. I Think once he''s in the England team it will be almost impossible to hang onto him.Well done McNally, nothing worse than seeing a top player walk for bugger all.[Y][/quote]He was already signed up until June 2016 anyway, so he was hardly walking away for nothing anytime soon.But I take your point.

It does mean a lot, for one Ruddy didn''t have to sign anything and give himslelf more options in the future and it also protects the club should the right offer come in. Considering Joe Harts form and the likelyhood that he might spend time on the bench, the likes of Ruddy might get his chance to become an England regular and push that price up!

Good for the club and with all the negative s**t going on this is great positive news! Well done Hughton & MacNally.........maybe Hughton has not lost the dressing room as some on here would like to think!

Precisely what I said, Indy. Doesn''t mean a great deal to the club, save that it''ll push his price up for Chelsea in 2014.

Fair do''s, you are right that it means more to Ruddy himself, though I believe his England hopes are intrinsically linked to Hart''s form.