Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Stadium tour

Not sure if any of you have been on it but just back form one this morning.

Was good fun, got to see lots.

Interesting thing guide said was that when DM was appointed he looked into putting a stand in front of the hotel ( which by the way we get revenue from) and the cost of outting in 800 seats there was going to be £21M!

pablofarmer wrote the following post at 31/10/2013 4:06 PM:

Not sure if any of you have been on it but just back form one this morning.

Was good fun, got to see lots.

Interesting thing guide said was that when DM was appointed he looked into putting a stand in front of the hotel ( which by the way we get revenue from) and the cost of outting in 800 seats there was going to be £21M!

I think maybe wires may have been crossed there Pablo

Seriously van wink that is what we were told, it was for a permenant structure not a temp one.

Even if there have been crossed wire the bottom line was that for what it would cost the club would not see a proper return in the money. So it must of been a bigger than expected number.

Even if there have been crossed wire the bottom line was that for what it would cost the club would not see a proper return in the money. So it must of been a bigger than expected number.

Yes that''s sounds about right

pablofarmer wrote the following post at 31/10/2013 6:51 PM:

There was a lot of kids on it, but I took some so cant complain!

Best put them back before anybody notices mate!

I dont understand Stadium costs at all. When Derby moved from the Baseball ground in 1999 I think it was, the new ground Pride Park was reported to have cost £20m to build. An entire stadium. Theyd just build a new stand at the Baseball Ground too, which was widely reported to have cost £7m.  Now, 15 years later, 800 seats costs £20m, a new City stand over £30m. Im aware of the concept of inflation. But really, in just 15 years how can prices have gone up that much. Think the corner in-fills at Carrow Road were 3m each werent they?

I might also add that before the Leeds bubble burst and they were top of the League at xmas (2001 I think), season ticket holders were given the chance to vote on whether to move to a new stadium at a cost of £50million. They voted overwhelmingly for ''yes'' by the way