Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Anonimity on this board

[quote user="First Wizard"]''WIZ'' is already on the back of my shirt a1, and all the times I''ve been in Yellows in the last 12 months wearing it no one has approached me yet. Perhaps they''re over awed![;)][/quote]They''re more likely afraid of what they''ll catch off you Suffolk folk. That''s why we have to have all the injections when we go to Poorman Rd. [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="a1canary"]We ought to have our message board names on the backs of our replica shirts then we can pick each other out. Which may or may not be a good thing! The Wizard might get a few heckles I imagine. In a friendly banter way obviously![/quote]

''WIZ'' is already on the back of my shirt a1, and all the times I''ve been in Yellows in the last 12 months wearing it no one has approached me yet.

Perhaps they''re over awed![;)]

[/quote]Perhaps they did, you just couldn''t hear them.[;)]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="a1canary"]We ought to have our message board names on the backs of our replica shirts then we can pick each other out. Which may or may not be a good thing! The Wizard might get a few heckles I imagine. In a friendly banter way obviously![/quote]

''WIZ'' is already on the back of my shirt a1, and all the times I''ve been in Yellows in the last 12 months wearing it no one has approached me yet.

[/quote]

Perhaps they did, you just couldn''t hear them.

[;)]
[/quote]

Lol, but all joking aside, my wife or son  would have let me know.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

It reminds me of the first time or two I was in Germany and I saw the word "pissort" on many public buildings. When I found out what it meant I was more than relieved. If I were you, Wizard, I would be sure not to retain a stationary position for any length of time in fear that a German or two happens along.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

I know many NCFC fans, but not any posters on here. A meet up was organised recently before a game, which sadly I missed.

The only exception was when I stood next to some other NCFC fans on a train in Birmingham, who were discussing one of my posts!

I just had to interrupt to tell them.  Small world.

[/quote]I''ll maybe try it another time, it doesn''t take much organising, just a time and a pub name[Y][/quote]I''d certainly be up for it. Was away for work the last time [Y][/quote]
Yep give it a go Morty. The last meetup was good fun but all too brief - well for me anyway. Will organise my trains better for the next one so I have more time.

This the first message board ive been on , i know nobody on it, live in a different country, not county, from Carrow rd, have supported city since i was 9 and am enjoying the craic, as they say here. Did anyone ever hold/suggest a posters social evening, or is that bad form? i have no idea what is and aint, the done thing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="a1canary"]Lol - like Saddam used to have!?!

The way things get on here sometimes i think that might be a good idea![/quote]I would feel pretty bad if someone had a pop at him thinking he was me lol[:(][/quote]

Bit late for that ;-)

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]This the first message board ive been on , i know nobody on it, live in a different country, not county, from Carrow rd, have supported city since i was 9 and am enjoying the craic, as they say here. Did anyone ever hold/suggest a posters social evening, or is that bad form? i have no idea what is and aint, the done thing.[/quote]A fair few of us have met up, some of us on a regular basis. I suggested a meet up before a game a few months ago, a few came (and it was great to meet them) but a lot here seemed to sneer at the concept, for reasons only known to them.

I''m in The Nelson after every home game and there''s plenty of posters from here there. I couldn''t make Morty''s meet up last time because I can''t make it before the games. I was gutted to miss those who did come.

And of course so many of us PUPs have met through Rays Funds at get-togethers and presentations. It''s not everyones cup of tea so each to their own but I know my life would be poorer if I''d never met the people I have.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Meeting up is such a typical "little Norwich" thing to do. Man United fans wouldn''t meet up. Tinpot.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I operate from a strange position being a Norwich fan, in that iv never really known anybody else who was one. I was the only one at school and only one, well, wherever iv been. Part of the reason im on this board, its my only opportunity to talk with other fans. In fact the whole concept of someone else supporting Norwich is rather odd for me. Iv often wondered what it would be like where its the norm. Unfortunately my wife wont move to Norfolk![/quote]

Well, there is one easy solution to that GMD.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Warren Hill"]Meeting up is such a typical "little Norwich" thing to do. Man United fans wouldn''t meet up. Tinpot.[/quote][:D][/quote]

No, mainly because of the time and expense of travelling hundreds of miles.

There is something consoling about anonymity.

Once I have exposed myself to the Pinkun World, I would fear sneering, pointing and sniggering, every time I went to a game.

I''ve met three or four people from this board - and very friendly its

been.   Norwich fans are the best in the country and we should be proud

of that.   However, some of the unfriendliness shown on here by some spoils the board - and the image of our fans - for a lot of people.  It''s always good to meet any Norwich fan, whether they post on here or not - we are all Norwich fans.  The

green and yellow unites us.   That''s all that should matter. 

Therefore, whether you are "known" or "unknown" is irrelevant imo.  Its great to know people and to be friendly, but posters that use this board to boost their standing amongst fans in real life are really missing the point  - its a message board - you can only be judged on how and what you write.